Amazon Kindle Paperwhite with Case TSV 26/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the moment I am doing Strange and Norell which was a BBC series last year.

I tend to go for Victorian murderers which in print form are either out of print or very expensive as a small print run. On Kindle I get better deals.

So Mary Ann Cotton, Amelia Dyer etc. I did do the Beautiful Creatures which was a movie, I had wanted to read for long time but very difficult to get in actual print. That was the two New Zealand school girls who in 1951 murdered one of their mothers.

Are we sensing a theme yet?:mysmilie_50:

Oh I have collected quite a few Jane Austin and the Brontes as they come up free now and then.

Me too (on reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell).

You can do better than read about the New Zealand murder case at the root of the film Heavenly Creatures... The English girl, Juliet Hulme, portrayed by Kate Winslet in the film returned to the UK and became.... Victorian crime novelist Anne Perry... There was an adaptation of a novel in one of her detective series a few years back.

To all you ebookers have you signed up to BookBub? You get a daily email of a list of on-offer bargain ebooks in categories/genres you choose - eg I get literary fiction and food and drink and a couple of other topics. They're mostly on amazon and usually books on offer at 99p (or sometimes £1.99p at a push)...

www.bookbub.com

My white one has still not shipped. And QVC just keeps claiming everything is "as it should" and "I am sure it will ship soon"... *sigh*

Saw the Facebook comments someone on here mentioned yesterday. But now I can't find them. I just wanted to see if anyhting more was said. Either I am missing them, or they have removed them...?

I looked for that message on Facebook too, Anso, and couldn't find it. QVC censorship again.

I'm so sorry your white kindle hasn't been shipped. I received my black one today.

Some form of mis selling going on here by QVC, not mentioning the White kindle would be despatched at a later date? I guess the difficulty is unless your item is received outside of the advertised 3-5 working days then QVC have fulfilled their part of the deal.

My white one has still not shipped. And QVC just keeps claiming everything is "as it should" and "I am sure it will ship soon"... *sigh*

Saw the Facebook comments someone on here mentioned yesterday. But now I can't find them. I just wanted to see if anyhting more was said. Either I am missing them, or they have removed them...?

Just been on Facebook and QVC are saying all posts on Kindle have been removed because someone referred to another supplier (presuming Amazon) and this broke House Rules :( When I spoke to QVC this morning they said their records are probably not up to date and the Kindle would be with Hermes to arrive by Friday. I received the black Kindle this morning but I had a tracking for that one. I have received nothing to say the other one has shipped and it still shows as 'in progress'. I reckon they will dispatch on the 30th and if so, I will be challenging the P&P costs as I don't think I will get it until next week.

How on earth can you refer to the kindle without referring to amazon? QVC are so childish.

I received the black Kindle this morning but I had a tracking for that one. I have received nothing to say the other one has shipped and it still shows as 'in progress'. I reckon they will dispatch on the 30th and if so, I will be challenging the P&P costs as I don't think I will get it until next week.

Yes I think now it is definitely the release date that is the problem. But it's really not okay that this was not mentioned when it was sold.

I spoke to QVC this morning anyway (I was cancelling an AD) so I again asked about the Kindle not shipping. This person at least seemed a little more helpful and went off to check (when I mentioned the 30th and could this be the hold up?) and came back and told me they would definitely ship today. I am still not sure I believe it.

I now feel totally sure that it is the release date that it holding the dispatch. The only small hope Ihave is that maybe they will ship tomorrow on the 29th (as they could not arrive before the release date then). Amazon themselves etc would do this of course. Though who knows if QVC might not hold them until the 30th before they ship.... Either way it is not acceptable that this was not mentioned in the presentations.

I read yesterday that the white ones were NOT being dispatched as the release date is the 30th and they cannot be sent (or maybe it was received) before that date.

That was somewhere on Facebook that I read it.

Me too (on reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell).

You can do better than read about the New Zealand murder case at the root of the film Heavenly Creatures... The English girl, Juliet Hulme, portrayed by Kate Winslet in the film returned to the UK and became.... Victorian crime novelist Anne Perry... There was an adaptation of a novel in one of her detective series a few years back.

Yes I seen the movie long ago.

The version I have is Anne Perry and the Crime of the Century

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00C0ZS9L0/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Anne still refuses to admit anything wrong it was all Pauline or a mistake etc.

Just been on Facebook and QVC are saying all posts on Kindle have been removed because someone referred to another supplier (presuming Amazon) and this broke House Rules :( When I spoke to QVC this morning they said their records are probably not up to date and the Kindle would be with Hermes to arrive by Friday. I received the black Kindle this morning but I had a tracking for that one. I have received nothing to say the other one has shipped and it still shows as 'in progress'. I reckon they will dispatch on the 30th and if so, I will be challenging the P&P costs as I don't think I will get it until next week.

How ridiculous, Amazon are not just a supplier they are Kindle, they are the brand behind it!!!!

I read yesterday that the white ones were NOT being dispatched as the release date is the 30th and they cannot be sent (or maybe it was received) before that date.

That was somewhere on Facebook that I read it.

I saw that too. The poster said that a CS rep had told her that and had said that this information was available to all CS staff. Like you I can't remember if they could not be dispatched or received before the release date.

Finally my white one says shipped. About time. Hope it's the same for everyone else waiting too.

Hope you're all happy with yours. I read in bed last night and it's definitely more user friendly and more comfortable to hold than my old kindle. When it's in the case it's heavier than my old kindle, but because it's smaller in size and more ergonomic to use you don't notice that so much.

Got my white Kindle today but unfortunately it was all in Chinese from the moment I switched it on. Phoned CS and they gave me the help no for Kindle. In case anyone needs it, it is 0800 496 2449. Apparently they have had quite a few calls so think it is a manufacturing error rather than anything to do with QVC. Took about 40 mins to resolve but got it switched to English language in the end :clapping:

I've just finished both A Street Cat Named Bob, and The World According To Bob, they're the most heartwarming books I've ever read. They're true stories, the first is about about how a man who was down on his luck through getting into drugs but trying to turn his life around when this stray cat appeared at his door, he gave him his last meal and tried to find who he belonged to, but Bob (as he was now named) kept coming back to him, so that was it a life long friendship developed, Bob even went busking with him and high fived people passing, everyone got to know Bob, long story short this man who had nothing gave this cat everything, and that was it a friendship was born. The second one is basically how the book deals came about for them both, the man showed this poor cat the height of compassion and in return, Bob turned his life around for the better. The books are written well and once picked up, can't be put down.

Ah, I've been wanting that book for a while (I don't read as much as I should or would like to). It's now on my birthday present suggestion list, thanks!

(Sorry, just reading through this thread belatedly.)

Last edited:
Got my white Kindle today but unfortunately it was all in Chinese from the moment I switched it on. Phoned CS and they gave me the help no for Kindle. In case anyone needs it, it is 0800 496 2449. Apparently they have had quite a few calls so think it is a manufacturing error rather than anything to do with QVC. Took about 40 mins to resolve but got it switched to English language in the end :clapping:

I would expect some 'compensation' for that. 40 mins of your time wasted for something not at all your fault. You should either get a couple of free books from Kindle or a P&P refund from QVC.

I would expect some 'compensation' for that. 40 mins of your time wasted for something not at all your fault. You should either get a couple of free books from Kindle or a P&P refund from QVC.

Yeah I would too. Amazon are pretty good at compensation for mistakes/errors/delays if you ask.

Yeah I would too. Amazon are pretty good at compensation for mistakes/errors/delays if you ask.

Amazon are excellent usually, I agree. To be fair, I have found QVC pretty reasonable tool, if not in a massively generous way. Without having to ask, I've called and been offered a P&P refund for things like a bottle of nail polish not being full (no sign of leakage, just underfilled) and delivery c*ck-ups. Try both companies!

Latest posts

Back