Anthony Heywood leaving.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i lkie anthony very much. he seems knowlegable enough without trying too hard and quite intersting to listen to.
theres no smoke without fire it seems like anthony has wanted to leave for some time...

i still miss daniel green........loved them green eyes!!!:clapping:

I liked Daniel too, a bit of 'eye candy'. Can't stand Kathy Tayler, too many erms and erms and erms................., thank god she is only on in the mornings when I am generally at work. Can't stand that Debbie (I think is her name) who recently returned to QVC, she gets so excited about anything

Last edited:
Offensive?

I think Anthony should be the only presenter to do the tech shows. I am fed up of all the silly bints thinking they know it all, or pretending to be dumb and ask really stupid questions! The guest presenters do nothing more than recommend the product and read out info anyone could find. Even the local salesmen in Comet have more knowledge than these so called 'experts'!! At least Anthony is a tech fan and really does know what he is talking about (and I know as I live with one:cheeky: lol).

Hi :talking:,
Isn't "bint" a bit of an offensive word. I always understood it to refer to women of dubious vrtue - a bit strong for presenters whose style doesn't suit. I am not too sure of the accuracy of the statement about the salespeople in Comet either - I have never had much luck asking them for advice about the products they sell. Perhaps I have just been unlucky. I don't mind Anthony - remind me who actually said he was leaving - did he announce it on air or is it mere speculation?
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Pejorative usage

In Cornwall in the 1950s it was just another word for "bird" (ie, young woman).

clemenzina

Hi Clemenzina,
The word comes from the Arabic for daughter, but has been used in this country for some time as a pejorative term for a woman. I checked in the dictionnary.
It is certainly not polite.
:hi:

The word comes from the Arabic for daughter, but has been used in this country for some time as a pejorative term for a woman. I checked in the dictionary.

We didn't know that in Cornwall in the 50s :tongue:

It is certainly not polite.

Certainly it was not respectful. It's just occurred to me that a good present-day equivalent to the way young males of my acquaintance used to use it might be "hoe" :mysmilie_505:

(If I had a DVD of The Wire handy I'd be able to check out the subtitles for how they spell "hoe", but Google is fetching me up some pretty nasty sites :angry: )

clemenzina

I liked Daniel too, a bit of 'eye candy'. Can't stand Kathy Tayler, too many erms and erms and erms................., thank god she is only on in the mornings when I am generally at work. Can't stand that Debbie (I think is her name) who recently returned to QVC, she gets so excited about anything

i HATED daniel thought he was really smarmy was glad he didn't last long

I would be really happy if Anthony could re-think his decision of leaving

and STAY at QVC UK ! :heart::heart:

:mysmilie_480:

He's on holiday, in Florida I think. Does anyone know for sure if he's leaving or is it just a rumour?

Latest posts

Back