Attention New TV Shopping Channel Seen on TV Launching 10am Wednesday 12th June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Quite true Bendy, but also: can you blame our cynicism?

Simon Iles has form in doing dodgy demos of cleaning products/items, pretending he's cleaning off ground in/worn in dirt/grime that isn't. When people who buy the product on the basis of his demo ask him "why don't I get those results?" or "how do I get those results?" he doesn't answer.

Denice is a consummate presenter, and an icon of shopping TV but… Boy does she exaggerate and overhype the most mundane tat regardless of what it is. Add in her irritating pretence that she wants to buy/has bought one/ten for her/her family… It belies a contempt for the viewer.

Paul is a capable presenter. He's quite down to earth. His success in other avenues is testament to his skills. But on Shopping TV he's just as prone to being ridiculous as Denice.

Tim Britton… I won't go there in case he sues.

Mark Ryes is perhaps the least irritating of the lot, but he's very… beige.

In all likelihood Seen on TV® is not going to be selling anything that hasn't been sold 100 times before, and it won't be selling it in a new, honest, genuine manner, or with fresh new faces. Even the studio set was pulled from the skip after Shop Extra shut down.

Same hackneyed products, same scruples-lite presenters, same old same old.

I gave you a like for some of your post, but have to say i totally disagree with your assessment of Denice, Paul & Mark, consumate, capable & least irritaing? As bad as Simon Lies is, would have him any day before the others, at least you can laugh at Simon and his stupid dodgy demos & misleading and incorrect info, the others are the most irritating, self absorbed nobodies that spout utter inane rubbish, they're product knowledge was among the worst on IW and that's saying something, why anybody would employ them for a selly telly channel is beyond me, probably the cheapest Simon could find or nobody else wanted the job. ;)

I gave you a like for some of your post, but have to say i totally disagree with your assessment of Denice, Paul & Mark, consumate, capable & least irritaing? As bad as Simon Lies is, would have him any day before the others, at least you can laugh at Simon and his stupid dodgy demos & misleading and incorrect info, the others are the most irritating, self absorbed nobodies that spout utter inane rubbish, they're product knowledge was among the worst on IW and that's saying something, why anybody would employ them for a selly telly channel is beyond me, probably the cheapest Simon could find or nobody else wanted the job. ;)

I was trying to offer some positives! 😅

Dennice as a selly telly presenter is self-absorbed, to that I agree. Irritating too.

But I stand by my (perhaps flawed, haha) feeling that she's consummate. I imagine if you asked her to stand in for someone on another TV show (i.e., not selling tat) she, like Hayley* (Creepy Crawley's other half), would be able to do it without anyone watching batting an eyelid.

They'd need to pre-tape Dennice doing it and play it in as a sped-up VT because she saaaays evvveeerythiiing soooo slooooowllly, but I think she'd not seem out of place.

*Hayley's overuse of superlative (singular; she only knows one: "amazing") magically disappears when she's not in selly telly mode, so I imagine Dennice's "producer can you get me…" tic would vanish too, but who knows…

Last edited:
Quite true Bendy, but also: can you blame our cynicism?

Simon Iles has form in doing dodgy demos of cleaning products/items, pretending he's cleaning off ground in/worn in dirt/grime that isn't. When people who buy the product on the basis of his demo ask him "why don't I get those results?" or "how do I get those results?" he doesn't answer.

Denice is a consummate presenter, and an icon of shopping TV but… Boy does she exaggerate and overhype the most mundane tat regardless of what it is. Add in her irritating pretence that she wants to buy/has bought one/ten for her/her family… It belies a contempt for the viewer.

Paul is a capable presenter. He's quite down to earth. His success in other avenues is testament to his skills. But on Shopping TV he's just as prone to being ridiculous as Denice.

Tim Britton… I won't go there in case he sues.

Mark Ryes is perhaps the least irritating of the lot, but he's very… beige.

In all likelihood Seen on TV® is not going to be selling anything that hasn't been sold 100 times before, and it won't be selling it in a new, honest, genuine manner, or with fresh new faces. Even the studio set was pulled from the skip after Shop Extra shut down.

Same hackneyed products, same scruples-lite presenters, same old same old.
If you look at the website, seenontv.co.uk

- Hamilton Beach
- Vostok Europe & Christophe Duchamp
- Piranha
- Spin mop
- Laundry dryer
etc., etc.

If you look at the website, seenontv.co.uk

- Hamilton Beach
- Vostok Europe & Christophe Duchamp
- Piranha
- Spin mop
- Laundry dryer
etc., etc.

Fantastic, finally a break from the same old products.

This could be the start of something promising.

The website has some other things we've never heard of, including a mystical blue liquid that can make thousands of bottles worth from a few drops (!?), a magical 'waterless wax' car cleaner (?!), and a very technologically advanced sounding pillow dubbed the 'GX' (!!?).

Nothing's appeared on Freeview 79 yet after rescanning and there's four minutes to go. The footage in the YouTube promo looks like it was filmed at Hochanda's studios in Oundle as it looks like the old Shop Extra set.

Freeview 79 still showing as EarthxTV after re-scanning again with a "service unavailable" caption. Someone's done a whoopsie there!

Nothing's appeared on Freeview 79 yet after rescanning and there's four minutes to go. The footage in the YouTube promo looks like it was filmed at Hochanda's studios in Oundle as it looks like the old Shop Extra set.
Yeah, Mark said they were in Northampton(shire) and Oundle is between Northampton and Peterborough.

Channel 79 updated itself earlier today to SeenonTV from some other channel (EarthXTV I think).

Freeview.co.uk and app channel guide hasn't been updated yet though!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back