Avon Pull Out Of Ireland

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
How did they tell their reps????

Well a message on Facebook, left non Facebook users to be told by word of mouth.

Yes, Avon just suddenly shut down all selling in Ireland, website closed and the reps(400 is the figure being said), told nothing!!!!! All area managers had a conference call and told.

So looks like Avon is circling the drain. How long do we think the UK will last?????

They are being investigated in the US for corruption and bribes.

Wonder how this will effect Liz Earle????? I can see them selling the company if they need the money.

Everything has its shelf life, Avon too no doubt. Not handled very professionally. They'll probably charge to view their catalogue next!

I haven`t bought anything from Avon in years and at one time you couldn`t move for Avon ladies. Things seem to move more towards internet sales these days. Years ago I worked for Oriflame but you rarely hear of them now. Virgin Vie, Body Shop parties and Avon parties were the norm.
Nowadays people shop online more and a lot more women work so they can`t be bothered with the party plan thing.

I posted on a QVC thread earlier today that their "shell" foundation shade is the best match for my skin...ever! I may stock pile over the next couple of campaigns depending on the offers.

Technically Avon have always charged their reps for the booklets (only those with high turnover got lower priced or free books). Their reps have been poorly treated for a few years, and I would say if you ever return something ordered on the website for a refund, always get proof of posting and keep checking for the refund reaching your bank account/ credit card.

I wonder which big cosmetic firm will buy up the ailing business?

Jude xx

They used to get the first 5 books free and paid for anymore. The reps paid for the paperbags etc.

I have an Avon lady, well she leaves a book and I just return it. The thing with Ireland is the just shut down the website as well.

Avon are biggest in South America.

Virgin Vie went under last year, they handled it badly too. People went to parties ordered items that never came. The reps kept saying they had no idea why the delays? VV told the reps in a not pleasant way at the last moment. Some moved to doing Temple Spa.

No idea how he knows this but DH told me The Body Shop (just down the road from me) computer people had been over to the IOW to help Liz Earle with their systems. I wonder why Avon techy bods didn't do this?

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back