AY has seriously lost the plot now......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was wondering whether she was acting out because of the recent complaints that have been made about her. There are two that I know of from reading the forums here ie the BE TSV with the discrepancy on sizes and the claims re: them being only UK stockist of Smashbox.

I turned off not long after the little paddy. Like you I'd rather look at Dean Winchester any day! x

I'd rather look at Dean Winchester than almost anything else you could name! Yum! :D

Why are there never any hot guys on shopping channels????

It's on Today's Videos, 10pm hour, Lip Shiner's Duo (227 914), , if you didn't want to watch the whole thing, the dramatics start from around 6.10 into the video onwards!

http://www.qvcuk.com/video/todaysproducts.html?cm_re=LN-_-OnQVCTV-_-VOTP

QVC have taken the video clip off. If you click onto the product there is a shorter presentation which does not include the paddy. Your clip now features Dale telling us that the beauty of QVC online is that "you are in control"!!

I'd rather look at Dean Winchester than almost anything else you could name! Yum! :D

Why are there never any hot guys on shopping channels????

It would solve my purchasing problems if DW was on QVC for sure. Not in line for any demon busting goodies at the mo. x

Ditto! If I'd realised there was a Supernatural repeat on instead, I wouldn't have bothered tuning in to QVC at all.......!
Watching screechy AY flapping her hands at cameramen v drooling over Dean Winchester & co. for an hour.......hardly a 'contest' is it........! :heart:

She said too it was for 'something special' in October. Not another TSV so soon surely? Maybe a launch of something new, that would be nice :cheeky:

Tx

Yes, Alison was definitely on a sugar high or something. As well as the no-lipgloss-no-close-up embarrassment (Alison was truly manic at this point, and Laura was nonplussed), Laura also commented on there being something up with the show tonight, that Alison and the producers seemed to be having 'a private conversation', and at one point said to Alison 'so now I'm not supposed to say anything' (nevermind trying to get a word in edgeways) - all of this was done in a friendly enough, non-huffy manner by Laura, which shows what a pro she is, as well as the vibe coming across that she actually does like and respect Alison. I hope Alison apologised to her after the show though!

Why does LG even need a "resident beauty expert" with her anyway? Laura was doing this way before AY began screaching at folks. I thought what AY did was rude and disrespectfull to a woman who quite frankly outranks her on every level.

I think it would be hard for guest presenters to do the show alone but I would much prefer a regualr presenter with her as they could ask the questions some of us would like to ask.

For the first time last night I almost rang QVC to complain when LG was demonstrating a collection containing the grey shades (AY was shrieking on about fashionistas,Vogue magazine, on the catwalk blah, blah) I wanted to scream! but anyway, just as LG was explaining how to apply it AY butts in telling her to be quiet (LG shocked saying 'OK') to announce there were 600 people on the phone!!! I don't care!!! I want to hear about the products!! Argh!!!!!!!! Needless to say never did get to find out....promptly on to the next product. This happens so often now I can't stand watching anymore.

Yes, I heard the comment LG made about a 'private conversation' between AY and the producers, how 'it makes it difficult for a guest to concentrate'. I think, for her, that was as close to a major telling-off as she's likely to do. It really must have been bad in that studio to get her to that point.

I do think, sooner or later, a guest is going to storm off-set when they're on with AY. Whether AY would notice is debatable.

AY was just so OTT about this. What would she do if she really had something to bother about for example a scar from an accident, would she just stop living? There's a lady in our local town who I think has alopecia but she works in a job where she meets the public and I really admire her for that. There's also the children's television presenter who has part of her arm missing but that hasn't stoped her from being in the public eye. There's nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and making the most of yourself but appearance isn't everything.

I think the point for AY though is that appearance IS everything. Yet for all she bangs on about her fab skincare, access to the best makeup in the world etc etc she's clearly self conscious which for a TV presenter isn't ideal!

I totally agree with the poster who said someone will walk off set one day, she was unbearable with LG last night and LG is so polite and professional. I'm hoping that one of these days Mally just roars at her to shut up, AY has met her match there methinks!! :giggle:

AY thinks that she is untouchable as QVC's 'resident beauty expert' (for you) and often oversteps the mark with her bizarre behaviour with guests. I remember when she was extremely rude and insulting to Stacey in a Models Prefer hour with her anti-american jibes. She obviously thought it amusing, but Stacey looked very uncomfortable and I found it cringeworthy viewing.

I now find it embarrassing to watch her constantly speak over guests in a very rude manner, so rarely bother now.

Maybe Laura needs to fin another stockist:)

maybe so :tongue2:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I really like LG, not so much her products as I'm too fair, but she comes accross very warm and genuine, and with an honest motive.

I didn't see the hour, but managed to see the brief clip posted earlier, and thank goodness LG said something to AY and the galllery when she was being rudely interuppted! On live TV! Weh Hey!

I wish they had another 'resident' expert. AY is clearly tooo big for her boots and now need to fill her life with more interesting things.

Another cringe inducing incident involved the haircare guest who started to say something abut the products being sold in Canada, I assume to make the point that they worked on hair exposed to the harsh weather there. AY interrupted and snapped "but we don't want to talk about Canada". It came over as incredibly rude and I felt really sorry for the guest.

One of my bug bears with AY is when she starts to list the celebrities whom Laura has worked on - don't get me wrong I do like Laura especially when she pouts over the top for the camera - but to be hones if I'd made up Audrey Hepburn she'd have looked good ! And why go on about the value of the products - doesn't matter how much of a bargain they might be if I don't want to buy it won't make a damned bit of difference !

i cant wait for QVC to start broadcasting in HD

i suspect that will be the last we see of that stupid woman alison young.

Latest posts

Back