AY has seriously lost the plot now......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't suppose anyone has managed to find a way of us seeing 'the moment' have they....I need a good laugh

I agree that her behaviour was ridiculous. Also it's hardly a good advert for the products, she must have just about every expensive product that QVC has to offer but she's still not prepared to let us see her properly.

Why does LG even need a "resident beauty expert" with her anyway? Laura was doing this way before AY began screaching at folks. I thought what AY did was rude and disrespectfull to a woman who quite frankly outranks her on every level.

Why does LG even need a "resident beauty expert" with her anyway? Laura was doing this way before AY began screaching at folks. I thought what AY did was rude and disrespectfull to a woman who quite frankly outranks her on every level.

You literally took the actual words right out of my mouth............:grin:

I agree that her behaviour was ridiculous. Also it's hardly a good advert for the products, she must have just about every expensive product that QVC has to offer but she's still not prepared to let us see her properly.

as if we were interested to look at her close up in the first place!
good point BB!

You know what. People should email QVC and complain, perhaps if they get enough they someone on high might take AY aside and give her the bitch slap she has needed for such a long time.

No seriously email and complain about the treatment of LG and other guests.
I have never bought any LG but do watch her shows with interest. Sorry last night Supernatural repeat won out.

Aww I felt sorry for her. She's a funny little button that AY.

There's weird kind of energy between her and LG anyway - I couldn't quite make it out.

she was anoying last night, love laura geller when she can get a word in she seems very down to earth and i think or hope take ay with a pintch of salt, who knows she may be totally different off camera :thinking2:
did any one notice one of the models in the 8pm show, i dont know her name and not seen her before but ay refferd to her as martine mclutchens little sister (jokeingly i think) omg what was she doing, she kept pulling the odd faces at the camera then looking down and closing her eyes (im asuming so we could see her eye shadow) and then looking back to camera trying to pull a sultry look but only achieved a squint then pulled a big grin to rival cheshire cat beth! i was quite amused

Aww I felt sorry for her. She's a funny little button that AY.

There's weird kind of energy between her and LG anyway - I couldn't quite make it out.

true. that's what happens when one is tying to be witty and over-familiar with sb one is not quite familiar with. as for the 'witty' part...:34:

Sorry, but I find AY about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. I cannot understand why QVC keep her, as she is so vain and arrogant at times. She would not know how to get her hands dirty through a decent day's work.

Sorry, but I find AY about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. I cannot understand why QVC keep her, as she is so vain and arrogant at times. She would not know how to get her hands dirty through a decent day's work.

She does have several horses's and lives on a farm, she say's she get's up at 5 a.m. everyday!

Personally, I've always found her totally humourless. I could just about put up with her screechy, hectoring delivery but the fact that she takes herself so bliddy seriously, gets on my ti*s!:wink2::nod:

However, being a bit of a softie underneath my world-weary, sock-it-to-'em outward demeanour, I felt a tad sorry for her worrying about closeups.There's something very disturbing about that degree of insecurity.After all, she's no great beauty which is ideal for the job as it helps people to identify with her and, if her skin is starting to show signs of aging, so what? It happens to us all. * shrugs *.

I think she's had her voice botoxed though, as it seems stuck in one place, and that place hurts my ears....:sad:

she was anoying last night, love laura geller when she can get a word in she seems very down to earth and i think or hope take ay with a pintch of salt, who knows she may be totally different off camera :thinking2:
did any one notice one of the models in the 8pm show, i dont know her name and not seen her before but ay refferd to her as martine mclutchens little sister (jokeingly i think) omg what was she doing, she kept pulling the odd faces at the camera then looking down and closing her eyes (im asuming so we could see her eye shadow) and then looking back to camera trying to pull a sultry look but only achieved a squint then pulled a big grin to rival cheshire cat beth! i was quite amused

Oh yeah that was amusing - bless her! My daughter was hiding her face in mortification on her behalf and moaning from behind her hands "what is that girl doing????!" I think you can only get away with those kinds of ahem "moves" if you also camp it up. She just needed to have a bit of a twinkle in her eye and not look as if she was taking it all so seriously and she'd be Ok I think

true. that's what happens when one is tying to be witty and over-familiar with sb one is not quite familiar with. as for the 'witty' part...:34:

I know it was a bit weird wasn't it? I mean - they've been on air together for years now so they must have some kind of working relationship. perhaps something went on behind the scenes before they came on.

They definitely let AY have sugar - she was at full tilt wasn't she?! :D

You know what. People should email QVC and complain, perhaps if they get enough they someone on high might take AY aside and give her the bitch slap she has needed for such a long time.

No seriously email and complain about the treatment of LG and other guests.
I have never bought any LG but do watch her shows with interest. Sorry last night Supernatural repeat won out.

I was wondering whether she was acting out because of the recent complaints that have been made about her. There are two that I know of from reading the forums here ie the BE TSV with the discrepancy on sizes and the claims re: them being only UK stockist of Smashbox.

I turned off not long after the little paddy. Like you I'd rather look at Dean Winchester any day! x

I think this little display would have been absolutely hilarious if it was evident elsewhere that AY actually had a sense of humour. The fact that she admits to being completely 'wrinklephobic' makes me think that she's actually incredibly insecure and it was actually a bit sad to see her make a joke out of not wanting a close up at first, but it then becoming obvious that she was totally serious, actually putting her hands over her face!! She's on TV for crying out loud, doesn't she think we're all looking at her face (whilst trying to drown out her voice) all the time?! And if all the products she flogs us 24/7 are as good as she says they are surely she should be absolutely flawless, even close up? Clearly insecure about her looks which is odd for someone on tv too.

There's no harm in looking after yourself, your skin, making the best of what you have but at the end of the day you have to LIVE and I get the impression that AY restricts her living in her attmepts to remain wrinkle free. Ain't gonna work missy, age gets everyone in the end!!

:clapping:

I have often heard the presenters say that they are going to retire when QVC goes HD as they couldnt bear to be seen in that sort of clarity.

I think the close ups arent very flattering, its just like looking in a 10x magnified mirror which I hate doing but need to to do make up, pluck eyebrows etc.

When jewellery hours are on and they do a close up of a necklace, the chest area can look awful (especially noticed on AK) but I doubt you would be able to see every skin cell with normal eyesight at the normal distance from a person.

I really dont think I would have the confidence to have that kind of close up taken but really felt sorry for Laura as she seemed really confused by AY's reaction and didnt quite know what to do. I wonder how Mally would have handled her.:thinking2:

However, having said all that, it would have been nice to think all the stuff AY uses would have given her the confidence of knowing she had great skin and didnt mind close ups as these are the products she has convinced me to buy for the past few years telling me it would keep my skin looking its best - so long as you dont look too closely obviously:sad:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back