AY has seriously lost the plot now......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A few weeks ago she was telling us whilst flogging that minerals kit that we could put the same mineral colour on our nails and lips and be perfectly matching which was the 'on-trend' thing to do. :confused2:

I wonder if this was a prelude to that awful tacky looking Bella Pierre TSV that they were selling where you could blend the natural minerals with a clear lip gloss or lacquer.

I watched her this morning and noticed that "literally" was said like literally every second hair stylists! x

And while we're on the subject - will someone tell her that the company 'Pecksniffs' is pronounced 'PecksNiffs' and not 'PecksMiffs' as she keeps calling it - driving me up the bliddy wall with that this afternoon...

Alison is not your friend!

For the first time last night I almost rang QVC to complain when LG was demonstrating a collection containing the grey shades (AY was shrieking on about fashionistas,Vogue magazine, on the catwalk blah, blah) I wanted to scream! but anyway, just as LG was explaining how to apply it AY butts in telling her to be quiet (LG shocked saying 'OK') to announce there were 600 people on the phone!!! I don't care!!! I want to hear about the products!! Argh!!!!!!!! Needless to say never did get to find out....promptly on to the next product. This happens so often now I can't stand watching anymore.
I think its time the likes of Laura Geller stood up to Alison. Can't they see Alison is doing them no favours, she is cheapening their brand, and ruining their chances of attracting new customers. How are they going to attract new customers, if viewers aren't adequately informed about products.

It's time they stopped pandering to Alison, or they only have themselves to blame if they start loosing customers, or worse still suffer the same fate as Dr Denese.

Laura Geller Alison is not your friend.

Laura Geller had a bit of a stand off with a presenter on QVC US a few years ago; there were references to it on their beauty forum at the time. I'd love to see her put AY in her place when she's wittering nonsense...

literally

Jude xx

Laura Geller had a bit of a stand off with a presenter on QVC US a few years ago; there were references to it on their beauty forum at the time. I'd love to see her put AY in her place when she's wittering nonsense...

literally

Jude xx

Oh how I would love to see that kind of forum on our QVC but they just havent got the bottle. Despite their claims that the reviews on QVC UK are posted, good or bad, I know that my last few uncomplementary ones have not been posted even though I worded them carefully so that they couldnt claim I had mentioned prices etc.

She rattles on about Pecksniffs. You can't move for it at TKMaxx.

Yep - totally right. I've seen PecksMiffs in my local one...:angel:, along with a whole host of other QVC brands too...I guess when she rattles on about all the 'prestigious' places you can literally buy this that and actually the other, TKMaxxxxxxxx is what she means. I've seen Leighton Denny doing Jade Jagger's nails in there and Lulu singing and smearing her AtomicBomb stuff on her face...

Last edited:
I imagine the problem is that sellers are afraid to offend AY or the buyers in case they are dropped, or given fewer slots. They just have to keep in with them and put on a brave face. just my opinion.

I imagine the problem is that sellers are afraid to offend AY or the buyers in case they are dropped, or given fewer slots. They just have to keep in with them and put on a brave face. just my opinion.

It depends on how much the buyers depend on AY's input. Obviously , the company is there to make money. It's been suggested that AY doesn't get on with LE and a couple of others, yet they are still with the company. This could imply that they make up their own mind....who knows.
If she does have huge input, why does she endorse so many crappy brands??:thinking2::thinking2:

I am sure I read on this forum that AY and LE didn't get on.:nod:

for many years ay never did le shows, and always said if i do not believe in a product i will not present it, i think she was 'forced to' and does so reluctantly

It depends on how much the buyers depend on AY's input. Obviously , the company is there to make money. It's been suggested that AY doesn't get on with LE and a couple of others, yet they are still with the company. This could imply that they make up their own mind....who knows.
If she does have huge input, why does she endorse so many crappy brands??:thinking2::thinking2:
I think the fact that they can sell 30,000 or so of a LE TSV will more than outweigh AY's opinion.

I agree that AY does endorse products that don't seem very impressive.

If you look at LE and her colleague who sometimes appears on QVC (Caroline ?) then look at AY who uses more prestigious brands, who is the better advert for their skincare regime?

for many years ay never did le shows, and always said if i do not believe in a product i will not present it, i think she was 'forced to' and does so reluctantly

So she bloomin' should. She makes great play of being independent but LE is a good brand for QVC and QVC pays her wages. If she is totally independent, she should freelance and only ever present a small amount of brands, as they can't all possibly be as good as each other, as she makes out. She should also never accept freebies - only then can she be truly "independent".:wink2:

IMO Liz Earle could run rings round AY in her knowledge and research into skincare ingredients and results. Don't know the difference in their ages but think LE wears her years much better than our actual resident beauty expert (literally).

IMO Liz Earle could run rings round AY in her knowledge and research into skincare ingredients and results. Don't know the difference in their ages but think LE wears her years much better than our actual resident beauty expert (literally).

I doubt LE is scared of closeups.:grin:I think she looks lovely.

What on earthwas AY wearing today. I forget which show it was as I avoid her shows like the plague but caught the last couple of minutes of one by accident, She was wearing the sort of blouse my 83 year old Mum would deem old-fashioned !:confused2:

I doubt LE is scared of closeups.:grin:I think she looks lovely.

What on earthwas AY wearing today. I forget which show it was as I avoid her shows like the plague but caught the last couple of minutes of one by accident, She was wearing the sort of blouse my 83 year old Mum would deem old-fashioned !:confused2:

I thought the same Artemis, she's looking more matronly by the day! :grin:

That was nothing, compared to what AY was wearing at the TSV launch. My eyes are still hurting.:grin:

AY has always been sniffy about Liz Earle. I think her nose was put out of joint because she didn't personally introduce her to QVC as a 'premium salon brand'. I believe Liz is friends with the head beauty buyer at QVC and AY didn't have any input in premiering the brand when it started. Sour grapes IMO, I bet she hates the fact that LE is so successful.

Latest posts

Back