AY has seriously lost the plot now......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Steve Whatley was the presenter when LE launched her range, I'll never forget it. AY was just a bit player on qvc back then. Wish it had stayed that way.

I doubt LE is scared of closeups.:grin:I think she looks lovely.

What on earthwas AY wearing today. I forget which show it was as I avoid her shows like the plague but caught the last couple of minutes of one by accident, She was wearing the sort of blouse my 83 year old Mum would deem old-fashioned !:confused2:

Liz Earle seems to totally avoid close-ups too and it might be my imagination but I think she has some sort of vaseline lens or honey filter when shes on.

I think they all hate close-ups now with our big TVs and very unflattering digital broadcast. I see and exodus come HD that or they will get their own lighting assistants .

My male friend was shocked watching QVC , " are all women's faces that hairy ? " he spouted. As for the chests , yikes you can see every wrinkle pore and hair and that's just on the female models. When its AK my whole room goes orange .

I like Alison, she is sweet in a scary sort of way.The sales pitches are all wrong though for the last 3 years or so all she says is that everything is prestigious and about to sell out
Her skin is great and being wrinkle-phobic is helping her wonderfully .I think its quite endearing that she is not as funny as she thinks she is . If Joan Rivers or a camp man was saying the same things with a wink we'd be laughing , but she is cursed with a shrill voice and a dry manner and her jokes always seem harsh.
She even refers to herself as bossy Alison , I only need to watch for a moment and I am running off to apply some serum or other.

The benefits of this are to my skin and to my ears.

I doubt LE is scared of closeups.:grin:I think she looks lovely.

What on earthwas AY wearing today. I forget which show it was as I avoid her shows like the plague but caught the last couple of minutes of one by accident, She was wearing the sort of blouse my 83 year old Mum would deem old-fashioned !:confused2:

I saw the morning repeat and all I remember is gray tights! What's wrong with Sunlabs, Ali?

Liz Earle seems to totally avoid close-ups too and it might be my imagination but I think she has some sort of vaseline lens or honey filter when shes on.

I used to think that too but my friend met LE a few months ago (she was doing a launch in the US and invited make-up artists along to it). My friend spoke to her and said her skin was amazing (texture/radiance/clarity etc) close up.

And while we're on the subject - will someone tell her that the company 'Pecksniffs' is pronounced 'PecksNiffs' and not 'PecksMiffs' as she keeps calling it - driving me up the bliddy wall with that this afternoon...

LOL! Glad it's not just me who's noticed this! I'm sure she says Pecksmiths sometimes too. Considering how ****** prestigious they are with their shop in Brighton no less and their bespoke perfumes/celebrity clients/literally luxUUUUUUUUUUUUUUrious blah blah you'd think she'd be able to pronounce it properly!! Same with Mary Cohr (guest keeps saying it Mah-ree, AY says Mary) and Murad which AY pronouces MurIad. While we're at it, she also says 'deteriate' which makes me switch off and go have a bath in something I bought in Boots (literally) for £4. Revenge! :tongue2:

Tx

I saw the morning repeat and all I remember is gray tights! What's wrong with Sunlabs, Ali?

I thought that too, well bogus! Black opaque would have been nicer if she was wanting to wear thick tights. Maybe it was a fashion tip from Guru glen!

I thought the same Artemis, she's looking more matronly by the day! :grin:

She's got dreadful posture. What's the point of slapping all those creams on your face to look younger when you're bent over like an old lady?!

i nearly cried laughing this morning watching AY on a show I taped from the other day. She got onto one of her rolls about people 'this would be ideal for' and it was new mums who apparently can no longer make it into the outside world and so may not even be able to nip down to 'the local supermarket' to pick up some cold cream or a £2.99/£3.99/£5.99 face cream so should instead pick up the phone and have something luxuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurious delivered. I know she's anti popping out a few mini AY's herself but does she think 'new mums/shift workers/factory workers/poorly/hospital visits' never actually leave the house/hospital/job and go shopping?! I know of course that for genuinely house bound people QVC could well be a godsend but her implication that new mums never leave the house (or are incapable of shopping online!!) was hysterical.:rock:

Tx

I agree RedT, I sometimes thing AY is very very very far removed from the reality of live for most people

Most definitely star234!! I don't know what she thinks we're looking for in skincare/makeup/beauty but currently she seems to think that she can flog us absolutely anything by saying random unknown/unnamed celebrities use it! If she mentions Cheryl Cole once more to illustrate a skintone or how one might achieve her look...it's like implying association with a celebrity knowing there is actually no connection there at all.

I also think that lately she's no advert for her own recommendations. i felt a bit bad as she mentioned the other night that she's feeling a bit overweight and not herself and that's got to hurt but saying that, as a larger person myself, my skin still glows and I have no bags under my eyes so it's not really an excuse. She also said she refuses to buy clothes in a bigger size so she's wedging herself in to her current wardrobe...never a good look!! :smirk:

Tx

I have a feeling somebody said she has a thyroid problem. I'm not 100% sure though so correct me if I'm wrong. If she does then maybe we should cut her a bit of slack.

However that doesn't excuse her being rude to guests and shrieking.

I'm afraid that I have to laugh when she says that she writes for the beauty press. How can someone who cannot string a coherent sentence together write for any kind of press?
Is there a new magazine on the shelves called QVC World, in which our resident beauty expert gives us the benefit of her knowledge, gained over the 12,000 years she has been in the industry. I can picture it now:
"As you all know, I have literally been in the actual beauty business for years, literally, and my actual knowledge about prestigious items is literally known all over the world. I have always used pewer products, in a meejum base, because they will last you an actual long time, literally. I've worked with actual royalty, literally, when I used Pedikur on one of the Queen's horses, literally. I advise my actual celebrity clients, which include Cheryl Cole's next door neighbour's budgie's uncle, literally, to buy pewer, prestigious skincare from QVC, and not buy actual coldcreams from the supermarket, literally. I am the best in the actual business, literally, at describing how to apply actual products to your actual face area, for you, literally, and you can then actually apply these actual products in your own actual home, literally, with a 30 day actual money back guarantee, literally. I can spout actual bollox, literally, because no one here in QVC Towers ever actually listens to the actual shows, literally, and so no one ever tells me that I cannot actually say that we are literally the only UK stockists of brands that you can actually get, literally, down your actual highstreet, literally."

Now that would actually amaze me. Literally.

LE always brings her own makeup artist with her when appearing on QVC. This was revealed to us ages ago by someone in the know.

AY is crap at applying makeup. Sorry that is just fact. She always looks far better when a guest is on who has applied her makeup for her.

So there I was last night flicking channels. Ghost Whisper actually ad break. Caught the Sun Labs thing and suddenly AY mentioned for that Jordan tan. :sweat::puke: I switched back quickly. Good one push fake tan by mentioning a sad slapper as the poster girl!!!!

I'm afraid that I have to laugh when she says that she writes for the beauty press. How can someone who cannot string a coherent sentence together write for any kind of press?
Is there a new magazine on the shelves called QVC World, in which our resident beauty expert gives us the benefit of her knowledge, gained over the 12,000 years she has been in the industry. I can picture it now:
"As you all know, I have literally been in the actual beauty business for years, literally, and my actual knowledge about prestigious items is literally known all over the world. I have always used pewer products, in a meejum base, because they will last you an actual long time, literally. I've worked with actual royalty, literally, when I used Pedikur on one of the Queen's horses, literally. I advise my actual celebrity clients, which include Cheryl Cole's next door neighbour's budgie's uncle, literally, to buy pewer, prestigious skincare from QVC, and not buy actual coldcreams from the supermarket, literally. I am the best in the actual business, literally, at describing how to apply actual products to your actual face area, for you, literally, and you can then actually apply these actual products in your own actual home, literally, with a 30 day actual money back guarantee, literally. I can spout actual bollox, literally, because no one here in QVC Towers ever actually listens to the actual shows, literally, and so no one ever tells me that I cannot actually say that we are literally the only UK stockists of brands that you can actually get, literally, down your actual highstreet, literally."

Now that would actually amaze me. Literally.

:giggle::clapping:

LE always brings her own makeup artist with her when appearing on QVC. This was revealed to us ages ago by someone in the know.

AY is crap at applying makeup. Sorry that is just fact. She always looks far better when a guest is on who has applied her makeup for her.

So there I was last night flicking channels. Ghost Whisper actually ad break. Caught the Sun Labs thing and suddenly AY mentioned for that Jordan tan. :sweat::puke: I switched back quickly. Good one push fake tan by mentioning a sad slapper as the poster girl!!!!

Agreed! Anytime she's on with just a model and she applies makeup to them it's absolutely awful! I've mentioned before that she advised us once (after apply aunt sally like blush to a poor model) that we 'can blend it better at home'!! Better than a literal expert trained in all areas of everything since the dawn of time (literally)?? Hardly a ringing endorsement of her skills...depsite telling us she's forever launcing things to the press/doing brides and celebrities,,all of which I think is a load of codswallop.

Tx

I could not sleep last night, so up very early and watched the 5am (?) show of the Beauty awards thing. There she was 'literally' saying (pardon the pun) that we:" can apply and use this literally under our skin"
I did laugh at that one trying to imagine applying this (I think it was Decleor Armoessence Iris) "under my skin" ????????

LOL! Glad it's not just me who's noticed this! I'm sure she says Pecksmiths sometimes too. Considering how ****** prestigious they are with their shop in Brighton no less and their bespoke perfumes/celebrity clients/literally luxUUUUUUUUUUUUUUrious blah blah you'd think she'd be able to pronounce it properly!! Same with Mary Cohr (guest keeps saying it Mah-ree, AY says Mary) and Murad which AY pronouces MurIad. While we're at it, she also says 'deteriate' which makes me switch off and go have a bath in something I bought in Boots (literally) for £4. Revenge! :tongue2:

Tx

I had to laugh when I saw this last night!:giggle: I always thought it was my hearing!! the thing that drove me mad was the way she screeches eau de parfum or in AY speak...odour pahrfamm! puts me off fragrance literally for you!

I was intrigued with Kitten with claws post, that i tuned into AY when she was on with Mally. The last time i watched AY she had long blonde hair, and it made her look very pale and ashen, and when i saw her on with mally, i had do a double take - I really did not recognise her, ok she has had her hair done, but it was her face. also i just wasnt aware before hand, that she does drone on a bit, and has no tone to her voice, it is rather monotone - apart from when she shrieks. I think she may very well have some ageing issues; any way i turned over, as she was seriously getting ott with the scenarios of the young model, and the reasons why she needed to look glam, one scenario was the model was going out and looking for a footballer! I thought to myself, change the channel now, AYs lost the plot! lol xx

I've just watched my first long stretch of this woman, and these posts are SO accurate!! She surely has to be one of the rudest, most 'Z list celebrity' absorbed shreiking banshees I've had the misfortune to hear! It was almost as if she had read this thread and created a caricature of herself!!!!! And yes, Cheryl Cole got so many mentions - this time for hair - that I lost count. Never again!!!!!!!!! QVC, it's a pity you don't pay attention to sites like this.

Latest posts

Back