B&W lookalikie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Runnerbean

Registered Shopper
Just happened across a range of jewellery on Amazon called Phillip Jones and it has some Christmas brooches very similar to B&W at a fraction of the cost.
Also the reviews are quite good and some customers have posted pictures and I've got to say I like the look of some of the items
I just thought I'd post here in case anyone was interested might be worth a look at least.
Has anyone heard of the range?

Many years ago I bought some lookylikey B&W jewellery cant remember from where. The quality was so bad it was falling apart as I unwrapped it. cant remember is it was Ebay or Amazon or both but they looked the same but the quality wasn't. I got a full refund and just stick to the real deal. Not saying that everyones experience will be like mine by the way.

I bought way back, might even have been last century?

A few of the little fairy pins, understated and lovely.

I have a thing for brooches on coats, usually dragonflies, owls and bees. Bought a dragonfly brooch from Avon for £5 with stones and still had it well over 10 years later, took out when the coat when to the cleaners, then back on. I used to get asked about it and people shocked it was so cheap and from Avon. The stones never fell out.

I love a brooch and have collected quite a few in recent years. My first ever brooch was passed onto me by my Dad after my Mum passed away in 1987 and sadly it is one I`ve never worn (yet) because it`s too heavy for most modern fabrics. It a large cameo in a gold surround and with a safety chain. It weighs a lot and is too big and too heavy to wear on most dresses or blouses and my Mum wore it on her "best " coat which was a heavy tweed fabric with a fur collar.
Back in the 60`s she always wore a brooch either on her coat or at the neck of a blouse. Most of her brooches were costume stuff, paste stones and base metal, she saved her only good brooch, the cameo, for special occasions. I think it may have once belonged to her Mother who died when my Mum was only 13.
The first brooch I bought for myself was a small diamond white gold one, sounds grand but really it isn`t. It`s very small, as are the diamonds in it but it`s very pretty. In recent times Mr V bought me a lovely secondhand brooch made from rose gold and set with 2 trilliant cut amethysts from a local jewellers.
My everyday brooches come from Fable or Jon Richard websites. A cute little enamel dormouse and a cute little blue enamel butterfly both from Fable and a couple of more glitzy ones from Jon Richard who does really good sales and discount codes. The brand was sold in Debenhams until they closed down.
I also have a quirky dog with a cat brooch from Tanguis Jackson which always gathers lots of comments.

Many years ago I bought some lookylikey B&W jewellery cant remember from where. The quality was so bad it was falling apart as I unwrapped it. cant remember is it was Ebay or Amazon or both but they looked the same but the quality wasn't. I got a full refund and just stick to the real deal. Not saying that everyones experience will be like mine by the way.
Yes you've got to be careful but sometimes it's worth a punt. My sister in law buys a few bits from Wish and I have to say it looks awful but she likes it so that's all that matters.
She likes Pandora but if you watch out for offers I think maybe it's best to buy the real ones.
I just thought I'd post as maybe a Christmas brooch might cheer someone up and if you can get a bargain even better! Especially with everything thats going on.

I love a brooch and have collected quite a few in recent years. My first ever brooch was passed onto me by my Dad after my Mum passed away in 1987 and sadly it is one I`ve never worn (yet) because it`s too heavy for most modern fabrics. It a large cameo in a gold surround and with a safety chain. It weighs a lot and is too big and too heavy to wear on most dresses or blouses and my Mum wore it on her "best " coat which was a heavy tweed fabric with a fur collar.
Back in the 60`s she always wore a brooch either on her coat or at the neck of a blouse. Most of her brooches were costume stuff, paste stones and base metal, she saved her only good brooch, the cameo, for special occasions. I think it may have once belonged to her Mother who died when my Mum was only 13.
The first brooch I bought for myself was a small diamond white gold one, sounds grand but really it isn`t. It`s very small, as are the diamonds in it but it`s very pretty. In recent times Mr V bought me a lovely secondhand brooch made from rose gold and set with 2 trilliant cut amethysts from a local jewellers.
My everyday brooches come from Fable or Jon Richard websites. A cute little enamel dormouse and a cute little blue enamel butterfly both from Fable and a couple of more glitzy ones from Jon Richard who does really good sales and discount codes. The brand was sold in Debenhams until they closed down.
I also have a quirky dog with a cat brooch from Tanguis Jackson which always gathers lots of comments.
After my cousin died her hubby said he had got a little momento to remember her by. It's a cameo and it is costume jewellery but the quality is lovely. Her husband said he thought it was probably her mum's,my aunt, so doubly precious to me.

Latest posts

Back