Baby there’s a place where we can go....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Huggles

Registered Shopper
This jingle drives me slightly mad (or should I say madder?). It makes no sense.

‘Baby, there’s a place where we can go,
Where it’s always shining like the snow.’

Does snow shine? I’ve never seen snow shine....glitter, sparkle, blind, reflect, brighten...never shine. Even if it did, does QVC shine like snow?

The jingle people were obviously searching for something to rhyme with ‘go’. So, with too much time on my hands, I’ve found a place where I can go to share this with people who I know will make more appropriate jingles.

My offering...
Baby there’s a place to part with cash
Where it’s because I’ve been on the lash

Rhymes and is a wee bit more accurate than shining snow.

Funnily enough I looked up this "jingle" a few months ago and it's a song called be with you by an Australian indie band called the Mondays. I don't know why this obscure track was chosen, perhaps to tie in the with the "always with you" tagline who knows?
I'll add another verse.....
When you need some frumpy clothes
but you wanna pay through the nose

More annoying for me is the repetitive 'soul sisters and the usual crew'
Are we American? and that woman's voice grates.
I’ve never sent any of my friends a link for the £10.00 Voucher, too embarrassed 😂, always felt it was my secret shame buying from QVC. When anyone asks where I got my new stuff from, always said from their website (Lola Rose, Dyson, Smeg, not their fashion but I did get a lovely coat, once and a couple of pairs of boots.) I think it’s because I don’t want to be held accountable for sending them down a slippy slope.

I’ve never sent any of my friends a link for the £10.00 Voucher, too embarrassed 😂, always felt it was my secret shame buying from QVC. When anyone asks where I got my new stuff from, always said from their website (Lola Rose, Dyson, Smeg, not their fashion but I did get a lovely coat, once and a couple of pairs of boots.) I think it’s because I don’t want to be held accountable for sending them down a slippy slope.
Me too, 'cause I don't want to encourage any more shopping channel junkies. Though to be fair, I'm not really any more. When Shop! went (remember them?) I started buying from Q and IW, then along came the bid channels and I got totally and utterly hooked. Of course we all know what happened to them, and since they've gone, my shopping channel purchases have been few and far between, but I still love to watch and chat about it. Going back to my first point, my dread would be that a mate or colleague discovered this place and joined and read everything I'd put on here. Obviously I talk about them on here, I moan about work, talk about the ridiculous things I've bought, (and the good stuff of course), get vocal about things that probably shouldn't bother me - but do (freebies, acrylic fashion, presenters). If I was "discovered" I'd be mortified. Don't get me wrong I'm not ashamed of this site..I adore it, and I couldn't be without it...but it's mine, I can talk to my shopping telly "family" every day, about everything and anything...It's unique and a wonderful distraction. I love chatting to my mates, of course I do, we talk about anything and everything, but I don't think any one of them would want to talk about the minutiae of shopping channels and their presenters in the way that we do. The other reason I'd not send that link to a friend is that is a chuffin' insult..£10.00 wouldn't even buy them a toenail clipping!

Way back in the day when you could get quality different things from Q I did tell a couple of people/family who then purchased but now I would be far too embarrassed to do so as there is a 95% chance that their order would go to&&s up . If asked, usually about old purchases, I just say I bought it on line. I would be quicker to say I got it off eBay than say Q.

I think I was the QVC leader when I was at work, one day someone said what does QVC stand for I piped up Q quality V value etc. to everyone’s amusement.Follow up they were all shopping, looking up TSVs etc.Now although I look at the comments here much is lost on me as I watch so little.I do order occasionally but only things I know and want.One thing I recently took a chance on was the Korres pick of the month moisturiser.It did nothing my usual ones didn’t do, so returned & have got a refund.Can’t think of the last time I watched a show right through.

Latest posts

Back