Banned from submitting complaints to the ASA

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm just thinking.. didn't The Mirror investigate Ideal World after a number of complaints?

We could all get in touch with Penman & Sommerlad at The Mirror by using this form and see if they can launch an investigation into bid. If they do, the bad publicity might be enough to get them to change their ways.

That's a good idea Adam.
Yes they did look into complaints from customers and I think they had over 100 of them!!
Might be worth a bash

ASA said:
Our Mission
Our mission is to ensure that advertising in all media is legal, decent, honest and truthful, to the benefit of consumers, business and society.

We also work to published standards of service. We are committed to:

Being accessible to members of the public and the advertising industry

It appears the ASA are not even following their own code of conduct. If that's an official response from Guy Parker himself Benny then he is totally out of order.

I think the only course of action is from ASA themselves...

ASA said:
How can I complain about the ASA?
Complaints and Investigations process:

In the first instance please write to:
Miles Lockwood, Director of Complaints and Investigations

For all other matters, please write to:
Chairman of the ASA, Lord Smith of Finsbury, who will look into the matter.

Although why do I get the feeling their responses will just be the same? You may even struggle with an MP.

Last edited:
As you can imagine this story has put a large grin upon my face.

Quick Peter tell them it's real gold, quick Mike tell them it's exactly the same as an ipad, quick Mark start pushing Xmas panic buying in February - lets get those sales for the next 6 months!

As you can imagine this story has put a large grin upon my face.

Quick Peter tell them it's real gold, quick Mike tell them it's exactly the same as an ipad, quick Mark start pushing Xmas panic buying in February - lets get those sales for the next 6 months!

Not so fast ILB, there are other professional and powerful options we can take our lame correspondence from the ASA to :rock::happy::wink:

Not so fast ILB, there are other professional and powerful options we can take our lame correspondence from the ASA to :rock::happy::wink:

I agree, I'm no fan of the ASS, but this has made me smile on so many levels including the fact that there is no way in this world they should limit the number of complaints that can be made.

I mean, yes a lot of the complaints, including the ones they uphold, are plain wrong as the framework in which they are judged are incompatible with teleshopping, BUT It's wrong that people can no longer complain, I mean its like the police not responding to a burglary because you've already been burgled too many times this year...

I agree, I'm no fan of the ASS, but this has made me smile on so many levels including the fact that there is no way in this world they should limit the number of complaints that can be made.

I mean, yes a lot of the complaints, including the ones they uphold, are plain wrong as the framework in which they are judged are incompatible with teleshopping, BUT It's wrong that people can no longer complain, I mean its like the police not responding to a burglary because you've already been burgled too many times this year...

Best description I've heard of Mark Ryes in a long time

Latest posts

Back