Bare Escentials

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

miaandmum

Registered Shopper
Does anyone know if Bare Escentials are the same as Bare Minerals which are sold in Debenhams? I'm desperate to get myself some minteral foundation for my holiday on Saturday and if they are then the starter kit from Debnhams seems really good value.

Thanks, I thought they might be. The reviews seem really positive so I think I'll pop to Debs tomorrow and treat myself ready for my hols.

We flew with Thomsons this month and there was a BE starter kit with 4 products and brushes for £38 in the in flight magazine. I would have bought it but unfortunately sold out there and back but it might be worth looking out for as a holiday treat.

If you get on with the starter kit don't buy any other BE items from Debenhams because the prices are scandalous (even more so than QVC).

The standard foundation size in Debenhams and John Lewis is 2gram at a price of £18/£22 respectively. Online the standard size is 9gram (8 gram in the siveable sifter) for generally the same price.

I have bought bare minerals from www.glowgirl.com and www.feelunique.com before now at much better value.

If you can wait for delivery they do the starter kit on feelunique.

Debenhams has some offer on of a free sample of the foundation. I get the Beauty Card newsletters, but pay no attention to the brand. :dull: As I have no interest in them. Not sure if it is only for the month of August and if you need to be a member of the Beauty Club?

And feelunique.com have a sale on at the moment - lots of bargains on all your fave beauty products.

Jayne still has quite a bit of Bare Escentuals in the Just Beauty Direct sale - and it comes very quickly.

Thanks everyone. I took the plunge and got mine from Debs today (wanted it quickly for holiday to Spain on Saturday - Yippeee). I noticed the price of the foundation etc and yes they are expensive but as the kit included 3 brushes, 2 foundations, a blusher, a bronzer and mineral vale it seems great value if only for the brushes.

I thought I looked great when I tried it on but when I asked my mum she said she couldn't tell I had anything on. More practice needed I think!

has anyone tried the mineral cosmetics from the ELF site? Starter kit £15 I think but without brushes, tho those in the Studio range they do are quite good and not expensive...I got a set, brushes, and eye shadows, lip lock (just as good as the Jemma Kidd one to stop lippy bleeding), mineral mascara...pleased with all the products, read about it in the Daily Mail..shall be buying from them again

Latest posts

Back