BareMinerals TSV 13/12/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well l have gone for it as l do desperately need a new blusher and mascara. I have to say l am not keen on AYs look in the medium beige foundation. SJ said she put it on her to warm her complexion up but it just looks wrong to me. Her hair really does not suit her in that straight blunt cut either in my opinion. It looks too harsh.

Just watching the repeat on the HD channel and it really isn't the right colour for her. I don't think the very pale lipstick helps either, it just washes her out.

I tried bareMinerals years ago when I shopped with QVC and it doesn't work for me I don't get the full coverage I need from it, I also found after buying different make-up beauty kits of all different brands that it's only actually a bargain if you use all the items in it, as I found years on when I lobbed what I didn't use in the bin, I only use eyeliner and foundation never put a full face on I'd only buy the kits just incase I might need a mascara or blush or lipstick....but never did.

Does anyone have the mineral veil in the fancy red pot?
Was thinking of getting it as a present but it gets very mixed reviews. The recipient loves the ordinary mineral veil & I thought it would make a lovely gift but not sure how it compares now.

Can any Bare Mineral users out there tell me, is medium beige a darker shade than the medium or is it just a choice between warmer or cooler complexion. I am stuck between the two, I need the medium range and have a warm undertone but the medium beige looks quite dark compared to just the medium ???!!!!!

Can any Bare Mineral users out there tell me, is medium beige a darker shade than the medium or is it just a choice between warmer or cooler complexion. I am stuck between the two, I need the medium range and have a warm undertone but the medium beige looks quite dark compared to just the medium ???!!!!!

I have tried both. The Medium did not suit me, it has a pink undertone.

I can't be much help, sorry, as I use Fair but it has been said that Light is warm with a yellow undertone whilst Fairly Light is cooler. The guest, not SJ the other one who's name I've forgotten, said she wears Light if that's any help. She's nowhere near as pale as me.

I have found the assistants in both my local Boots and Debenhams very helpful with colour matching. I tried the bareskin in one and the other liquid one store.

Hope this helps Bunch of Honey : I use Medium as my skin has pink undertones, medium beige is for those with neutral undertones, so may be better for you. The BM Foundation Finder is really helpful if in doubt:-

http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/#ShadeFinder-Show

Findation is a great site for finding your shade in brands you haven't tried before: http://findation.com/ You need to know your perfect shade in a couple of other brands and enter them and the site will generate a list of shades in other brands which should also suit your skintone. Then it's up to you to decide the texture/price/coverage based on its suggestions.

All credit to Julia for appearing bare-faced for the 2pm hour. She looks pale, I wonder what foundation they'll use on her?

I tried bareMinerals years ago when I shopped with QVC and it doesn't work for me I don't get the full coverage I need from it, I also found after buying different make-up beauty kits of all different brands that it's only actually a bargain if you use all the items in it, as I found years on when I lobbed what I didn't use in the bin, I only use eyeliner and foundation never put a full face on I'd only buy the kits just incase I might need a mascara or blush or lipstick....but never did.

Me too hubby said it looked dreadful. Too flat for me. I just wear BB or CC cream occasionally. Normally wear eyeliner on my inner top lid and a coat of mascara, never been a lippy girl, cannot find one that doesn't drain me.

God they are showing the same items every hour ZZZZZZ. I am trying to resist as only want the Chandlelight and don't need any of the other bits and it will probably be £££££ on ebay.

Light used to be a brilliant match for me but not any more. Does skin tone change as we get older? Anyhow as I love the foundation I have gone for the fairly light. I seem to remember it was always a close call between the 2. Loving the pots of blush and eyeshadow -these remind me of the old style TSV's I always used to buy.

Yes as you get older, your skin tone gets lighter which is why brunettes need to die their hair lighter when they get older (apart from the fact that grey regrowth shows through very quickly on dyed brown hair)

I know when I was colour matched in store they both tried at least 2 different shades on me to get the best match.

I've tried a few different shades in the foundation and nothing seems to be right for me, which is annoying as I fancy this tsv. I like the performance of the foundation but have no idea what would actually match me. In their liquid foundations etc I have to wear the lightest shades despite the descriptions claiming the 3rd or 4th shades should be right for me. The 3rd or 4th shades are laughably orange on me. I have mixed race (arab and caucasian) very light olive skin, and bizarrely what seems to match me in liquid foundations is cool toned pinky ones. But the BM powder foundations are a different story and I'm just clueless. Don't suppose anyone has any ideas?

Medium Beige is a medium with neutral undertones (i.e you don't have any pinkiness or yellowness to your complexion) whereas Medium is a medium shade with more pinkiness to it.

It might be worth noting that when I fist purchased BM foundation and went with their on screen advice and shade charts I picked Fairly Light for myself (being that I would class myself as a quite fair neutral complexion).

However I was never quite happy with it and went along to a BM counter and was properly matched to Medium Beige. I would NEVER have chosen medium beige for myself as I don't consider myself to be a "medium" skintone but it is a PERFECT match for me. Medium Beige is the next shade up from Fairly Light in the "neutrals" range.

As such I no longer trust their on screen advice and have, on occasion, caught them saying "this shade is what such and such wears" and then the next time saying a different shade for the same person!!

So my advice would be that unless you are pretty sure of your colour go along and get matched properly at a counter. It's also worth bearing in mind that BM actually do twice the range of shades that Q stock so there may be a perfect match for you which is not available on QVC.

The BM site also has a much better shade finder chart than what Q describe

http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/Foundation/BM_SUB_FOUNDATION,en_GB,sc.html#ShadeFinder-Show

I have thought Julia looks really sallow lately. Actually thought she looked better in the before no make up picture they put up. She always had a bit of a tan(fake or real?), which made her look good, but with her very dark hair now and the sallow skin it looks really harsh.

Latest posts

Back