Barr & Barr bags

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Addy

Registered Shopper
Dear all, just happened to tune in to find this new handbag range. What do you think? Some gorgeous colours and designs - seem to be selling well but I like to have a feel. Of the leather I mean.......

I liked them - actually thought they were better than B Mak bags. Seemed genuine philosophies behind the range. Hand finished. Looked good to me.....But cannot justify. Can only watch. There were some easy pays but I think there will have to be more ez pay offerings in the future.

I liked a lot of the styles too but would have preferred them to be a bit smaller as I don't need to carry everything and the kitchen sink these days! A choice of more colours in the different styles would have been a plus for me too. I didn't buy but thought the "Love Letter" lining, etc. was a touching story behind the brand.

I like them, but they seemed to all have magnetic closures? I like zips at the top. It stops everything from falling out if you're careless putting your bag down!

I just watched the preview of the show, they seemed to have some nice colours but rather too big for my taste, to be honest I wouldn't dream of paying over a £100 for a handbag.

I didn't go much on the colours, (like orange and yellow), they didn't seem very secure either, at the very least I like a bag to zip up and I thought the styles were a bit boring, I also like longer handles to go over my shoulder easily, rather than short ones that you have to hold in your hand, didn't like the attachable longer straps either. So overall, nope won't be buying but did like Julia's multicoloured top, did she say where it was from, QVC item? Probably not, too on trend!

I didn't watch all of the show. But from the little I did see thought them ok. Like the OP I'd want to have a feel of the leather before buying at that price though. Might have a wander round the dreaded High Street, I've found a couple of very nice Osprey bags in TK Maxx before.

I like them, but they seemed to all have magnetic closures? I like zips at the top. It stops everything from falling out if you're careless putting your bag down!

I don't like magnetic closures either! I have a B Makowsky bag that de-magnetised my credit/cash withdrawal card twice. I had to unpick the stitching, remove the magnets and stitch up again! The magnets were so strong that I managed to nip my finger between them and gave myself a nasty bruise!

I wouldn't buy another bag with a magnet.

I didn't go much on the colours, (like orange and yellow), they didn't seem very secure either, at the very least I like a bag to zip up and I thought the styles were a bit boring, I also like longer handles to go over my shoulder easily, rather than short ones that you have to hold in your hand, didn't like the attachable longer straps either. So overall, nope won't be buying but did like Julia's multicoloured top, did she say where it was from, QVC item? Probably not, too on trend!

Agree with EVERYTHING you said here, lllknm, - most women I know wont entertain a magnetic closure, but QVC designers seem hell bent on using them - cheaper than zips I suppose. The detachable longer straps on any bag - kipling included - I think makes a bag look messy.

Also, how many times have the presenters said that a SIGN OF A GOOD HANDBAG is having "feet" on the bottom - well, only a couple of these £100 plus handbags appeared to have them.

So, no, I wont be tempted, I'm not a student anymore, and dont need a ****** great holdall to carry my lippy, phone, purse, keys and diary . I dont even subscribe to the bottle of water, umbrella, book or spare pair of shoes brigade either !!!!

I just watched the preview of the show, they seemed to have some nice colours but rather too big for my taste, to be honest I wouldn't dream of paying over a £100 for a handbag.

Me too..........however the hubby is welcome to :giggle:

Latest posts

Back