Basso

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I expect Naomi doesn't give 2 hoots for anyone or anything in the world. Well she can't if she is going to model Mr. basso's "other line".

Wouldn't it be wonderful if his TSV on the 18th didn't sell at all, not even one of whatever faux effort it is. I'm sure I read somewhere that some of his real fur "accidentally" got mixed into some of his faux line. Probably just saying "up yours" to all the folks that wouldn't in a million years wear real fur. I just can't understand why they would even buy his stuff, but more than likely the people buying his faux range, have no idea about his sideline.

I wonder if QVC's current love of trying to sell by using spurious celebrity endorsement will come into effect in a Basso hour. I can just hear AK and Jill Franks excitedly mentioning that Naomi Campbell wears Basso....neglecting to say that she is paid mega-bucks to pose in REAL fur. Urrrrghhhh!

Kitee, it was Claire Sutton when she was doing a Basso Hour last week. He was not there and at the start of the Hour she said what a Celebrity he was in his own right and "Now the fabulous Naomi Campbell was now the Model for his Range"...........

Yuk, Yuk..........

What an absolute hypocrite Naomi Campbell is, she's truly vile - "I started wearing fur again because I didn't like what the anti-fur campaigners were doing to people who wear it" - grow a backbone for goodness' sake. And as for Basso, well, words can't describe the hatred I have for him, and anyone who thinks skinning an animal in the name of fashion is a valid and worthwhile occupation. I'm disgusted.

What an absolute hypocrite Naomi Campbell is, she's truly vile - "I started wearing fur again because I didn't like what the anti-fur campaigners were doing to people who wear it" - grow a backbone for goodness' sake. And as for Basso, well, words can't describe the hatred I have for him, and anyone who thinks skinning an animal in the name of fashion is a valid and worthwhile occupation. I'm disgusted.

I think NC's backbone is predominantly based on :cash::cash::cash: sadly, and I'm guessing she wouldn't give a toot what anyone thinks. Personally I don't get why real fur has the kudos many seem to aspire to, especially when great quality faux/fake is available.

I think NC's backbone is predominantly based on :cash::cash::cash: sadly, and I'm guessing she wouldn't give a toot what anyone thinks. Personally I don't get why real fur has the kudos many seem to aspire to, especially when great quality faux/fake is available.

I totally agree with you NMSEva. The real fur kudos just seems to hark back to a bygone era of black and white films in an unenlighted age. And I suppose if I was in a gulag in remotest Siberia I wouldn't say no to the kind offer of a fur coat to save myself from dying of hypothermia... but otherwise, I'd just feel like a total idiot walking about in a fur coat in my reality.

I totally agree with you NMSEva. The real fur kudos just seems to hark back to a bygone era of black and white films in an unenlighted age. And I suppose if I was in a gulag in remotest Siberia I wouldn't say no to the kind offer of a fur coat to save myself from dying of hypothermia... but otherwise, I'd just feel like a total idiot walking about in a fur coat in my reality.

Totally agree re-Siberia, mind you N.E. Scotland can feel a bit like that:tongue2:
I remember when I was young one of my aunts had a mink that was taken out for weddings & "do's" and she would lend it to my other aunts for special occasions. My mum was a tall lady so the mink wasn't an option so she bought a persianelle coat as a substitute. I loved my mum to bits but I remember the mink being a great source of :envy:.
I like to think it's different days but I suspect fur is more popular than I imagine. Wouldn't be my choice - I'm cashmere all the way:cool2::cool2:
Hope they're good to the goats:thinking2::hi:

Iceland ads!

Old Naomi is long in the tooth for a model still working. Must be desperate for the money with all those law suits against her.

I'd thought more of her if she had starting doing Iceland ads.

Never mind Iceland ads, perhaps she put all the cash into an Icelandic bank!

She really would be desperate for the cash in that case.Tee Hee :)

I'm surprised someone like Catherine who adores her cats would present a ******* (whoops, typo I meant Basso) show. Pippa goes on about her dog and julia her cat too so why do they present shows with him?
I just don't get QVC's position on it all especially as they make a point of not carrying make up ranges that test on animals.
Just wondering, I know that these days you can set up petitions online - I've signed lots online. Does anyone on here know how to do it? We could do one for Qvc to ditch him.

I'm surprised someone like Catherine who adores her cats would present a ******* (whoops, typo I meant Basso) show. Pippa goes on about her dog and julia her cat too so why do they present shows with him?
I just don't get QVC's position on it all especially as they make a point of not carrying make up ranges that test on animals.
Just wondering, I know that these days you can set up petitions online - I've signed lots online. Does anyone on here know how to do it? We could do one for Qvc to ditch him.

How nice that they eschew animal testing while selling a range containing emu oil. The animal testing is also a grey area, the companies can outsource the animal testing and that makes them "clean" in the eyes of QVC.

How nice that they eschew animal testing while selling a range containing emu oil. The animal testing is also a grey area, the companies can outsource the animal testing and that makes them "clean" in the eyes of QVC.

Which range contains emu oil Vampy and how do they get it?

Emu oil is taken from dead emus as a by product of the food industry. It is a pad a little like a saddle on the bird's back. I just can't accept that there isn't a non animal oil or combination of oils that is as effective.
Margaret Dabbs to me will always be the bird woman.
Shiseido whose products I love but won't use because of the weasel way of dodging the anti animal testing sentiment.

Emu oil is taken from dead emus as a by product of the food industry. It is a pad a little like a saddle on the bird's back. I just can't accept that there isn't a non animal oil or combination of oils that is as effective.
Shiseido whose products I love but won't use because of the weasel way of dodging the anti animal testing sentiment.

I suspect the mention of ''exotic'' emu oil appeals to some people and encourages them to think because it contains an atypical ingredient, it's going to be a super- duper miracle potion. As you say, there's bound to be an alternative.

I had preumed that it wasn't great hence not ordering the products but it is a by product and I do wear leather so i cannot be a hypocrite. There is however, no excuse for fur.

Latest posts

Back