Beauty Day/Bare Escentuals TSV - 18/07/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks all, I was getting tempted by the sales pitch...oohh the bags...oh the auto delivery... step away from the TV and read the forum! Don't think the foundation colours are the right ones anyway.
Beauty Day seems a bit of a let down, IMHO, unless you love BE, Leighton Denny and Gatineau, with the odd Ojon thrown in. I want variety, new things, lots of guests, special prices...that's not much to ask, is it?

I watched the presentation this morning and am so annoyed that Alison keeps referring to the foundations as full size, when in fact they are only the 2g sizes (9g is full size). How do they get away with such misrepresentation?

I watched the presentation this morning and am so annoyed that Alison keeps referring to the foundations as full size, when in fact they are only the 2g sizes (9g is full size). How do they get away with such misrepresentation?

I thought that was a bit naughty too. I did check on the details as Alison never said what size pot the foundation was and I suspected it would be the 2g size. The 2g size is the standard size if you bought from Bare Minerals themselves or from one of the department store concessions. Alison should have referred to it as the 'standard' or 'regular' size as QVC full size is over 3 times bigger!

i have gone for autodelivery one, as i need blusher, and will need foundation soon. Like the radiences apart from the ginger one! And what i dont use ill stick on ebay. Is it just me or does the October kit look a little too much like the kit for today??

Does anyone know exactly whats in the oct and jan kits not sure whether to go for auto or just todays
i have gone for autodelivery one, as i need blusher, and will need foundation soon. Like the radiences apart from the ginger one! And what i dont use ill stick on ebay. Is it just me or does the October kit look a little too much like the kit for today??

A BIG FAT ****** YAWN................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'll be off to M+S to do my weekly shop much more satisfying :LOL:

Chocolate overload :tongue2:if your going please :cheeky:
I don't want it Annie Dawnie, I'll pay :angel::tongue2:

:flower:

I was hoping for the "matte" version of BE today. Will most likely see it 10 years time. I would also like to see the Rare Minerals you can buy in the USA.

I'm surprised that none of the options have gone limited or sold out. Must be a sign of the times. Or maybe that it's a bit boring.:yawn2:

I am not buying the TSV but it bliddy bugs me when they don't show the insides of the bags :devil:

They did in one show, the first has 'holders' for all the little BE pots, the second is like a wash/toilet bag and the third is a brush roll. Hope this helps. Annoying that they don't show them on every show.

I can't remember a more boring beauty day. The TSV is still going strong so no OTO's. All the products have been really uninteresting. Now the bl**dy Freeze 24/7 woman is on with the same old toot. I bought the 2 piece hydrate, smooth and brighten collection on 4 easy pays months ago and it is on again now. It's nothing to write home about and I wouldn't buy it again.

All in all a pretty boring Beauty Day, lots of repeats, same old stuff....

AY tells so many bl**dy lies I am shocked her nose isn't three feet long by now.

The Freeze 24 came on as usual.:sleepy: AY said we where the first to bring this brand to the UK. Er, no you weren't. SpaceNK had it for a year or 18 months before it ever appeared on QVC. I remember the first time it appeared it was a TSV and so many sent it back too. I said oh that is in Space NK along with the rest of the range.

Another cracker I caught. Fran Wilson another beyond boring and pulled out to fill space brand on QVC. AY said unopened these will last several years. The Rep said. no three years. Hell of a difference between 7 and 3 years. AY just kept rattling along.

Not a sell out then. All options are still available.

Did anyone hear how many "actually literally" sold?:giggle:

I totally agree with you, I got actually excited at the thought of 2 X 9gr but had the sense to check, so no sale to me either as I was too annoyed. :angry:

I couldn't agree more. I've been buying BE foundation online for about three years and I've only ever seen the 9g pots. They are generally about £22. I've never even *seen* this 2g size, so this is downright dishonesty. :12:

I have seen BE in the flesh so to speak. Never appealed to me. Christopher Drummond is even more natural without the bitmuth(sp) which causes so much trouble to people. Its the ingredient that gives the strange itchy feeling so many complain of.

Honestly this looks like the usual boring beauty day of the past. The first one was the best with low low p+p was it 1p or £1? You would think they would at least offer easy pay on all items shown.

Have you tried some of the other internet mineral brands, Donna? There are some good ones around, particularly those coming out of the US. Silk Naturals is good for eye colours, blushes, etc. There's another one called Lumiere, which is good for foundation.

On another note, when I saw this TSV presented, I decided not to go for it. So boring! It just seemed like a few over-priced pots of dull-looking pigments. I really wish BE would *treat* us with a generous TSV, full of nice eye shadows, etc.

I don't like the foundations. I am sticking with my Sisley. Did try the Philosophy one long ago. But I have used Lilly Lilo blush and eyeshadow, they are great. The Christopher Drummond I love his eyeshadows and am going to get two of the blushes.

I couldn't agree more. I've been buying BE foundation online for about three years and I've only ever seen the 9g pots. They are generally about £22. I've never even *seen* this 2g size, so this is downright dishonesty. :12:

I totally agree with you, I got actually excited at the thought of 2 X 9gr but had the sense to check, so no sale to me either as I was too annoyed. :angry:

AY did eventually make a sort of statement regarding the sizes. I think it was on the 9pm showing. She was pointing out that 2g is the 'normal' full size but that there is a super-duper professional size of 9g available. She didn't really admit that 'normal' size to QVC viewers and purchasers would be the 9g. But obviously they had been pulled up about it - or maybe they read this thread!

Latest posts

Back