Beauty Loves with Becca TSV 10/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting that Becca are having a TSV yet Bobbi Brown another Estee Lauder brand have never had one.

Sazza, EL have only recently bought Becca so perhaps the TSV was planned before that?

I know a lot of people very disappointed with Becca over the Jacklyn Hill scandal of last year.

donna255, had to look this up - wow, pretty much sums up the cosy relationships between bloggers/vloggers and the brands they impartially review...!

http://thoushaltnotcovet.net/2016/06/14/beauty-news-gossip-140616/

Hah, what a PR disaster. :mysmilie_17:

And bloggers giving only positive reviews, what a surprise... I wouldn't trust a word a blogger says, even those who claim to be completely independent, they're hardly going to give completely honest negative reviews all the time or else brands will stop sending them stuff to try. They have to embellish the truth or they won't be able to sustain the blog due to lack of freebie samples to review.

I tried Becca at one of the Beauty Bashes and found it dated, every product looked like a creamy concealer.
I also see some of this range at a beauty stall at a market for a couple of quid and have never been tempted.

They used to be a lovely brand about 10 or so years ago. Then pulled out of the UK altogether about 5 or 6 years, then appeared again about 2 years ago and seemed to have changed so much. At one time they had like 30 foundation shades!!!! They had some nice blushes and banged suddenly pulled and changed all the colours. Now its a brand I don't pay attention to.

DD who is 20 uses their body bronzing stuff in a tube and it doesn't transfer on to her clothes or duvet once it's dried. Beyond that we've never seen anything else from the range that tempts either of us. In fact there were bundles of their shimmery glittery eye stuff sold off on Bid Up for less than £20 which doesn't improve the brand's image in my eyes!

I have the eye brightner and a primer and think they are good, they suit my skin so will be interested in the TSV.

I've had one or two Becca bits in beauty boxes, which I haven't got around to trying yet, so will be sure to give them a whirl before TSV day, so I can see what I think.

Yet more foundation, concealer & highlighter, seem to be the same things in every brand's TSV these days. How much do they think we need?

A no from me. The champagne highlighter is not for me, I am moonstone. Also depending on the foundation, I am different shades in their different ones. The Aqua one comes out much darker than you think. I was Fair in it and loads of complaints on line about the colours and how they run much darker than the name suggests.

looks like its

creme foundation
Backlight primer
undereye corrector
champagne pop highlighter
liquid highlighter

Thanks for this.......how do you know what's in the TSV? I've googled myself silly and haven't been able to find anything lol. Their twitter and Facebook pages haven't got any recent posts on there which is a bit odd, or am I looking in the wrong place??? I love Becca especially the Champagne pop highlighter so I could be interested in this. What a shame there isn't a blusher included as they are particularly lovely :)

Thanks for this.......how do you know what's in the TSV? I've googled myself silly and haven't been able to find anything lol. Their twitter and Facebook pages haven't got any recent posts on there which is a bit odd, or am I looking in the wrong place??? I love Becca especially the Champagne pop highlighter so I could be interested in this. What a shame there isn't a blusher included as they are particularly lovely :)

It was on Instagram

Latest posts

Back