Beauty Weekend - Bought anything?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Tarte palette arrived this morning,the eyeshadows are gorgeous and I need just a small amount of the balm foundation as I don't like heavy coverage,I'm sure Leigh said the lip pencil was a new shade but I already have it,also the brown eyeliner could fill in brows too so overall I'm very pleased with it.

I bought the 5 piece Taya OTO and its here already!

Not only was it quick, but the 2 small sizes are 1 x shampoo and 1 x conditioner (not 2 conditioners are described) and there are 3 sachets of other Taya products in the box!!

WTF a freebie from QVC???

:mysmilie_17:

I have carried on buying today, and after a couple of email exchanges with Tara from NIOD, I placed my order for copper peptide and the neck elasticity and went on the wait list for the duo with Multi Molecular.

I have carried on buying today, and after a couple of email exchanges with Tara from NIOD, I placed my order for copper peptide and the neck elasticity and went on the wait list for the duo with Multi Molecular.

Still not bought, in fact thinking of sticking some stuff on EBAY, LOL!!!!!!!!!

I bought the Tarte Energy Noir palette & the Bare Minerals Hey Sugar collection on advanced order.

oh no - what a bummer! I nearly ordered lots of things but didn't....although I sneaked in some stuff on Friday thanks to item numbers on here. I wasn't wowed by some of the new brands but only caught bits of shows here and there. And what does 'if you have ethnicity in your hair' actually mean?!! is that like Alison's famous 'if you have African-Caribbean skin on your feet?'. the drops of stuff from Niod looked interesting enough. Anyone tried?

i bought some NIOD - the duo of Copper Serum and Multi Molecular Hylaronic Complex serum
this has shipped today
i have however tried 4 products from the same peeps
Deciem is the umbrella company, NIOD is a project/brand, Hylamide is another (excl to Boots), Hand Chemistry is another
i have described earlier in the thread what i tried
the Hylamide SubQ serum is amazing (similar prod to NIOD Multi Molecular Hylaronic Complex serum) from Boots (i paid £20 for 30ml bottle)
and i have been using it since around xmas time and i highly recommend it !
and i also had good results with the Hand Chemistry Retin Oil 1% (available online via retailers such as lookfantastic, mankind (20% off today)

basically as Deciem founder Brandon Truaxe had a non-compete agreement in place until a few month ago i respect to facial skincare
he released some products as body products such 'Hand Chemistry' Retin Oil 1%
but which you can use these on the face, according to his advice
and i have done so with good results so far

so in short, i have tried some products from the Deciem company
and found they did what they promised
but not yet used the NIOD sub branded stuff
which is on its way
*excited*
will let you know how i am getting on
and will send it back if not effective

love to hear how Marina is getting on with hers when she starts on it
NEC is something i have my beady eye on too

hope this helps x

Not only was it quick, but the 2 small sizes are 1 x shampoo and 1 x conditioner (not 2 conditioners are described) and there are 3 sachets of other Taya products in the box!!

Omg! Want mine to come now lol. However I wish it was the two conditioners, I seem to use way more conditioner than I do shampoo for some reason so that'll run out first. Mine was on advanced order so I won't get mine until start of Feb :(

The picture was small shampoo and conditioner which made more sense than the description which was two small conditioners so I was expecting the description was wrong.

My 1st time using the thickening cream.

My hair actually looks LOADS thicker!!

:mysmilie_59:

But I expect it will be flat when I wake up tomorrow but fingers crossed.

Hope you enjoy yours when you get it!

Omg! Want mine to come now lol. However I wish it was the two conditioners, I seem to use way more conditioner than I do shampoo for some reason so that'll run out first. Mine was on advanced order so I won't get mine until start of Feb :(

I didn't notice the photo, but 2 small conditioners seemed a bit unusual!

:mysmilie_19:

The picture was small shampoo and conditioner which made more sense than the description which was two small conditioners so I was expecting the description was wrong.

BOOM TISH
*** wink***

re Deciem NIOD (QVC)/ Deciem Hylamide (Boots) for may be interested
info from them, after asking some q's :

'1. The combination of CAIS, MMHC, Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age, Retinol, Vitamin C and Resveratrol covers functional commonality that would be cost-inefficient and also would disallow for optimal absorption of all of the layers. CAIS would be our core recommendation of the most important step. Following CAIS, if you love SubQ, there is no reason to change. If you do use SubQ, MMHC would be too much. If you prefer to replace SubQ, MMHC would be the alternative. Please note SubQ Anti-Age already contains an advanced form of retinoid that causes no irritation. Applying retinol on top would be largely wasteful. If you do wish to use Vitamin C, we would suggest an application only at nighttime. Pure resveratrol has limited topical value. There are modified forms that can be useful but in general, you can easily do without given all of the above. Our suggestion would be to adjust your regimen to CAID and SubQ without any other core needs.'

nice that they don't try and sell us as much product as possible
(tehehe Donna, about the Keeley 20 Elemis products routine story earlier in one of the threads *giggle*)

i bought some NIOD - the duo of Copper Serum and Multi Molecular Hylaronic Complex serum
this has shipped today
i have however tried 4 products from the same peeps
Deciem is the umbrella company, NIOD is a project/brand, Hylamide is another (excl to Boots), Hand Chemistry is another
i have described earlier in the thread what i tried
the Hylamide SubQ serum is amazing (similar prod to NIOD Multi Molecular Hylaronic Complex serum) from Boots (i paid £20 for 30ml bottle)
and i have been using it since around xmas time and i highly recommend it !
and i also had good results with the Hand Chemistry Retin Oil 1% (available online via retailers such as lookfantastic, mankind (20% off today)

basically as Deciem founder Brandon Truaxe had a non-compete agreement in place until a few month ago i respect to facial skincare
he released some products as body products such 'Hand Chemistry' Retin Oil 1%
but which you can use these on the face, according to his advice
and i have done so with good results so far

so in short, i have tried some products from the Deciem company
and found they did what they promised
but not yet used the NIOD sub branded stuff
which is on its way
*excited*
will let you know how i am getting on
and will send it back if not effective

love to hear how Marina is getting on with hers when she starts on it
NEC is something i have my beady eye on too

hope this helps x

Thank you for explaining about the Deciem company lilith, I have been browsing on there last weekend but wasn't too sure where I were, as when you click on, let's say Hylamide, the website would take you to http://hylamide.com/ and no sign that I was on Deciem, so I was a bit alarmed to this fact. Why do they have so many product lines? I find it confusing.

Although I initially resisted ordering NIOD on their launch, I gave in a couple of weeks later and bought the duo that you bought.
I was using the copper for eight days until last Saturday morning when I was in a process off applying and I accidentally knocked off the bottle and lost one third of it. I knew this would happen it was a matter of when. I hate their delivery system, the liquid is as thin as water and they need to do it in a pump imo. Another one is the Vaccine and the Neck tall jars. How am going to reach to the bottom?
And the Photography Fluid is too thick for the pipette people say. This made me think that people who came out with a 'ground breaking' skincare couldn't think about the appropriate delivery system??? So today I went out and bought some lotion pumps, spray pumps, a wide mouth jar and 'roll on bottles' in a health shop.

Anyhoo, I was testing the copper peptide only and on one side of my face, eye lid and one side of the neck. It dries very quickly so I may have overused it by applying again. I saw the difference in about five days as they suggest.

So far this is what I noticed in my 10x mirror:

1 skin tightens and brightens
2 pores seem to close as a wound would, I can see the edges of the pores pulling towards each other if this makes sense (the pores are still there)
3 the skin under the eyes tightens so less of the tiny lines as a result
4 clusters of freckles on the high cheek bone where they are at their worst are disappearing
5 not sure the neck lines are smaller but the least of the product went there

I used the Multi Molecular serum a couple of times but only to see what it was like, I'm not really interested in this product long term as it was said on air that it gives a temporary effect.

I shall post how I get on with other products and anyone who has ordered please share your results too.

nice that they don't try and sell us as much product as possible

Or put us on 'the drip' so to speak, as the results are meant to be permanent but we shall see.
This is an extract from my correspondence with NIOD today, below.

'Results of both CAIS and NEC will be permanent, but once usage stops the ageing going forward won't be prevented. Once the skin has repaired, the results will not reverse. For example, sun spots won't come back, but if exposed to the sun then new ones may appear and the older ones may become more visible.' and 'As long as the skin is protected, results of NEC will stay'

I didn't watch much at the weekend, but have just caught some of this thread.
I have pigmentation marks on my face and wrinkles are coming - I am in my mid 40's - my skin is not oily or greasy, but I do have some redness and dark circles under eyes. I have used Gatineau, Elemis and L'occitane over the past few years.
Any ideas of what would be good to get results?

Anyone else tried the Tarte contour palette yet? Mine turned up today and I had a quick go, decent so far.

Thank you for explaining about the Deciem company lilith, I have been browsing on there last weekend but wasn't too sure where I were, as when you click on, let's say Hylamide, the website would take you to http://hylamide.com/ and no sign that I was on Deciem, so I was a bit alarmed to this fact. Why do they have so many product lines? I find it confusing.

Although I initially resisted ordering NIOD on their launch, I gave in a couple of weeks later and bought the duo that you bought.
I was using the copper for eight days until last Saturday morning when I was in a process off applying and I accidentally knocked off the bottle and lost one third of it. I knew this would happen it was a matter of when. I hate their delivery system, the liquid is as thin as water and they need to do it in a pump imo. Another one is the Vaccine and the Neck tall jars. How am going to reach to the bottom?
And the Photography Fluid is too thick for the pipette people say. This made me think that people who came out with a 'ground breaking' skincare couldn't think about the appropriate delivery system??? So today I went out and bought some lotion pumps, spray pumps, a wide mouth jar and 'roll on bottles' in a health shop.

Anyhoo, I was testing the copper peptide only and on one side of my face, eye lid and one side of the neck. It dries very quickly so I may have overused it by applying again. I saw the difference in about five days as they suggest.

So far this is what I noticed in my 10x mirror:

1 skin tightens and brightens
2 pores seem to close as a wound would, I can see the edges of the pores pulling towards each other if this makes sense (the pores are still there)
3 the skin under the eyes tightens so less of the tiny lines as a result
4 clusters of freckles on the high cheek bone where they are at their worst are disappearing
5 not sure the neck lines are smaller but the least of the product went there

I used the Multi Molecular serum a couple of times but only to see what it was like, I'm not really interested in this product long term as it was said on air that it gives a temporary effect.

I shall post how I get on with other products and anyone who has ordered please share your results too.

thank you so much for all your feedback Marina
i really appreciate you taking the time to do so
i have just started yesterday on the CIAS & MMHC
and just getting just to it, how to appy it etc
will have more of an idea in a week or 10 days time ...

but thought your observations were very exciting
and how dedicated of you to test on one side only
thanks for sharing x

I didn't watch much at the weekend, but have just caught some of this thread.
I have pigmentation marks on my face and wrinkles are coming - I am in my mid 40's - my skin is not oily or greasy, but I do have some redness and dark circles under eyes. I have used Gatineau, Elemis and L'occitane over the past few years.
Any ideas of what would be good to get results?

hi Tinkywinky
i am 51 and just in the process of rethinking my routine
and the whole basis of it and what happens on the top layer of the skin and deeper down
and all those things
and i will share how i have fared with the new NIOD routine

i have however fallen in love with the Hylamide Sub Q Serum (excl to Boots)
which is from the same company who develop NIOD
and i really thing it works

it is described as follows :

'A highly active concentrate of advanced hyaluronic complexes, next-generation peptides and biotechnological technologies to target rehydration on and below skin surface, while visibly improving lines, wrinkles, sagging skin and textural damage.'

i think for me it has also made a difference to the evenness of the skin tone, incl fading pigmentation

i bought it when it was on offer for £20 and i think it is a fantastic price for this efficacy (for how it worked for me anyway)

if you are interested, have a look here :

http://www.boots.com/en/Hylamide-SubQ-Anti-Age-Advanced-Serum-30ml_1672230/

and here :

http://hylamide.com/product/subq-anti-age-30ml

Latest posts

Back