Birchwood Monday 19th Sept

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Just a quick post to let you know what I found in Birchwood on Monday. I appreciate it may have all gone by now, this is the first chance I've had to post... :blush: :giggle:

Stacks of Emu's, the ones that are more like a traditional boot with the structured sole IYKWIM
Stacks of Northern Nights as per
Lots of Tiffany lamps, more than usual I think, including some worrying novelty animals
Tons of Orecks as per, also some Miele vacuums
A few Jack the Lad juicers (the newer ones which do small stone fruit I think, only worked this out after I left and am now gutted I didn't whip in for one :headbang:)
Some of those cookie jars shaped like handbags
One Clarisonic which I managed to resist
Some of that 'collectible' crockery from the sunken ships that no-one has ever heard of and that haven't been on QVC for ages (Tek Sing, Hoi an Hoard?)
No KitchenAids (boo hiss :angry:)
No Lola Rose (see above)
A brand of mouthwash by the name of California Breath :tongue:
Lots of South Sea pearls - some long Tahitian necklaces, rings and one bracelet, and some golden and white South Sea earrings, to be honest all poor quality IMO which is a shame as that's one thing I was after
A Charlie Bear with a hole in! Also a couple of Steiff bears, seals and an elephant
The odd bit of Kipling, one Barr and Barr luminous orange handbag that gave me a headache
The usual viscose/poly-fest on the clothing racks, but also a few plain black eminently wearable Centipede winter coats for £7

The highlight of the trip was definitely two conversations I overheard between a couple of the members of staff, who discussed in order, without pause for breath:

a) the Butler and Wilson union jack belt they had in stock, which in their view no-one in their right mind would ever wear (cue mickey-take tryings on behind the counter)
b) the bladder problem of another thankfully absent member of staff. I did wonder about suggesting the pelvic floor exerciser but chose instead to make a sharp exit :giggle:

HTH :handshake:

Last edited:
Still nothing worth enduring a visit to the outlaws; not even the Emus :giggle:

Jude xxx

Still nothing worth enduring a visit to the outlaws; not even the Emus :giggle:

Jude xxx

New then from months ago.
Seems the Shrewsbury store who seem not to be work shy are getting the stock then.

I was there last week (twice, due to returnage of a pair of shoes) and clearly no stock changes over the weekend. Only difference was when I was there on Thursday they had some Ninja food chopper fandangoes with all the jug whatsits for £9.99 which I thought was good. As I am prone to do I nearly bought one because it was such a bargain even though I don't want one but did manage to give myself a stiff talking to and resisted. I did get a little Travelon bag (this one: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.830441.cm_scid.KeywordSearch) for £3 which was ok. They also had a stack of Beth Terrible suede skirts for £2.99 (all XXXXXXXXXL size). Oh and ice cream makers were another one I noticed - loads of them.
(The Jack the Lad juicers were all acid yellow as far as I could tell if that makes you feel any better ArtD - X)

I was there last week (twice, due to returnage of a pair of shoes) and clearly no stock changes over the weekend. Only difference was when I was there on Thursday they had some Ninja food chopper fandangoes with all the jug whatsits for £9.99 which I thought was good. As I am prone to do I nearly bought one because it was such a bargain even though I don't want one but did manage to give myself a stiff talking to and resisted. I did get a little Travelon bag (this one: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.830441.cm_scid.KeywordSearch) for £3 which was ok. They also had a stack of Beth Terrible suede skirts for £2.99 (all XXXXXXXXXL size). Oh and ice cream makers were another one I noticed - loads of them.
(The Jack the Lad juicers were all acid yellow as far as I could tell if that makes you feel any better ArtD - X)

For the last 6 months :yawn:

That's why all the stuff on ebay is from Shrewsbury :bow:

I feel I have to put in a good word for poor old Birchwood ! I'm one of the regular customers there . Today I'm wearing an Indigo moon top , Birkenstocks , a Casual & Co big cardi , an onyx stretch bracelet and a Chateau d'argent ring ( amongst other items of clothing ! ) , all purchased from Birchwood .
I know when I go there it's totally unpredictable as to what I'll find , if anything at all. However there are sometimes super bargains if one is prepared to search for them , scrutinise them carefully to spot any defects etc. I've had NN bedding and my down duvet , Cooks Essentials Cookware and of course my Oreck Vac during the last six months.
I've saved a fortune !
I did a treck to Shrewsbury once last year just to see what it's like . I agree that the shop is more spacious and better organised than Birchwood but personally I enjoy the Birchwood shopping experience more !!!

I feel I have to put in a good word for poor old Birchwood ! I'm one of the regular customers there . Today I'm wearing an Indigo moon top , Birkenstocks , a Casual & Co big cardi , an onyx stretch bracelet and a Chateau d'argent ring ( amongst other items of clothing ! ) , all purchased from Birchwood .
I know when I go there it's totally unpredictable as to what I'll find , if anything at all. However there are sometimes super bargains if one is prepared to search for them , scrutinise them carefully to spot any defects etc. I've had NN bedding and my down duvet , Cooks Essentials Cookware and of course my Oreck Vac during the last six months.
I've saved a fortune !
I did a treck to Shrewsbury once last year just to see what it's like . I agree that the shop is more spacious and better organised than Birchwood but personally I enjoy the Birchwood shopping experience more !!!

and the staff work hard to keep it well stocked, so you can at least buy stuff. :giggle:

In defence of Birchwood :angel: my earlier comment is more of a comment on the negative impact of a visit to the outlaws :angry:....for this to be outweighed by a trip to the Birchwood outlet I'd need to buy 3 pairs of emus each for me and DD, every beauty TSV for a year sealed in its original packaging, some items of "Big Bold Gold" (9 or 18ct) which lay forgotten in the warehouse since 1994, mistakenly labelled as kirks folly clearance (buy one get 2 free), completely replace every item of kitchen, home and IT equipment I already own for better models and sundry other impulse buys and still have change from a tenner! :emo:

Jude xx

Am lucky (?) :confused: in that both outlets are within a reasonable drive / train ride away, so have visited both 3 or 4 times within the past year (usually do the Birchwood one,on the way to/from a day out at the Trafford shopping centre).

As others here have said, I feel that the Shrewsbury one is far better organised and does seem to have much better stuff in it.
That said I am more than happy to rummage around in either for indeterminable amounts of time, after parking OH in a nearby pub.:wink:

Best bargains have been - aside from the 12 items of clothing a grand total of £11.88 in the 99p bonanza at Shrewbury last week - have been a "swing stick" for £6.99 from Shrewsbury and a boxes of Easiyo (15 sachets plus fruit squirts) for £10.99 from Birchwood and the same thing from Shrews for £4.99.

It probably goes without saying that I always see something I'd really like at a good price, on the occasions I go by myself on the train and am therefore limited in what I can carry back with me. :doh:

P.S. note to self - swing stick does nothing to improve muscle tone whilst parked behind door.......:grin:

In defence of Birchwood :angel: my earlier comment is more of a comment on the negative impact of a visit to the outlaws :angry:....for this to be outweighed by a trip to the Birchwood outlet I'd need to buy 3 pairs of emus each for me and DD, every beauty TSV for a year sealed in its original packaging, some items of "Big Bold Gold" (9 or 18ct) which lay forgotten in the warehouse since 1994, mistakenly labelled as kirks folly clearance (buy one get 2 free), completely replace every item of kitchen, home and IT equipment I already own for better models and sundry other impulse buys and still have change from a tenner! :emo:

Jude xx

Don't forget your QVC calendar. :wonder:

Latest posts

Back