Birchwood Outlet Store

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Spangles

Registered Shopper
Was lucky enough to be taken to the Outlet shop yesterday by my friend. What a horrible atmosphere that shop now has. The usual people hanging around the clothes, glaring at those who dared to look through the rails. It seems to be common knowledge among other customers there, that staff alert two of these women throughout the day as to when they will be putting clothes out! One stays all day to make sure she gets the lot to stock her Ebay shop!!! How does that work? Why do the management allow the place to be run by customers who clearly make it so unpleasant for others to shop there by causing trouble glaring and making nasty comments..................?

Not a pleasant shopping experience for anybody. It is supposed to be an outlet shop for all, not a warehouse for exclusive people!

I was there yesterday too. I didn't think it was bad to be honest, I go quite often and for ages it had been getting tattier and tattier, but I thought they seemed to have perked it up a bit. I didn't see any unpleasantness / undesirables. Maybe it's because I don't go near the clothes rails?

Reading about the Qvc Birchwood Outlet Store is enough to deter anyone from going there.The store seems to attracked greedy bully's that think that they are a superior force and intimidate customers that just want a few bargains.
I only go there every couple of months but after reading some of the comments and remarks i am now reluctant to go there. This store is getting a bad name and a reputation due to the greedy few that just want everything for themselves.
The management need to do more to stop this sort of behaviour. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, try to make this Qvc Shopping Outlet a fair and happier place for all.
I personaly agree with the shopping trolley ban because before it was a health hazzard in the store. (WELL DONE MANAGEMENT YOU GOT SOMETHING RIGHT)::cheeky:

Slankets for £8, ecoeggs for £7, loads of emus as always. I got a new pan to add to my collection and one of those Kuhn rikon can opener fandangoes.
Ali, well done, you managed to get a couple of bargains. Have you managed to get any clothes without being descended on.
Also i missed out on the emu slippers, they were gone before they even hit the bargain bin.

The sellers seem to have strategies to get everything going.

Qvc outlet store

Was lucky enough to be taken to the Outlet shop yesterday by my friend. What a horrible atmosphere that shop now has. The usual people hanging around the clothes, glaring at those who dared to look through the rails. It seems to be common knowledge among other customers there, that staff alert two of these women throughout the day as to when they will be putting clothes out! One stays all day to make sure she gets the lot to stock her Ebay shop!!! How does that work? Why do the management allow the place to be run by customers who clearly make it so unpleasant for others to shop there by causing trouble glaring and making nasty comments..................?

Not a pleasant shopping experience for anybody. It is supposed to be an outlet shop for all, not a warehouse for exclusive people!

Hi Spangles, I agree the Qvc outlet shop is supposed to be an outlet shop for all. You must go when i go to witness the antics going on there.
Have you ever been to the Outlet store at Shrewsbury?

Can anyone let me know about the Shrewsbury Outlet Store. Does the same thing happen there? Have you had a pleasant experience or is it the same as the Birchwood store?:wonder:

Hi Spangles, I agree the Qvc outlet shop is supposed to be an outlet shop for all. You must go when i go to witness the antics going on there.

Can anyone let me know about the Shrewsbury Outlet Store. Does the same thing happen there? Have you had a pleasant experience or is it the same as the Birchwood store?:wonder:

Compared to Warrington it is a much more pleasant place to shop or it was when I last visited, which for me is a lot further away sadly.
They have always had stock, work hard to get it out and since the shop has had a bit of a makeover, try to display it well.
The blonde manageress is very hands on, she has as far as I understand a very good relationship with the local sellers, has spoken with each of them, letting them know the rules she expects them to adhere to, and respect other shoppers.
I have witnessed at least two stand back and let me look then pick up what I wanted.
A local seller who knew I'd come a distance, even offered me any items she had, as she openly said she was selling them on.
Just goes to show what excellent management of the outlet, does in aiding in everyone being happy.
It is my view I wouldn't let Warrington put you off from paying a visit to Shrewsbury Outlet.

:thinking::thinking:
Compared to Warrington it is a much more pleasant place to shop or it was when I last visited, which for me is a lot further away sadly.
They have always had stock, work hard to get it out and since the shop has had a bit of a makeover, try to display it well.
The blonde manageress is very hands on, she has as far as I understand a very good relationship with the local sellers, has spoken with each of them, letting them know the rules she expects them to adhere to, and respect other shoppers.
I have witnessed at least two stand back and let me look then pick up what I wanted.
A local seller who knew I'd come a distance, even offered me any items she had, as she openly said she was selling them on.
Just goes to show what excellent management of the outlet, does in aiding in everyone being happy.
It is my view I wouldn't let Warrington put you off from paying a visit to Shrewsbury Outlet.

Can echo all the above. :hi:
Visit about once a month and have never experienced any unpleasantness. Mind you, that could be, because I tend to be in my own little world more often then not and impervious to the glares..... :thinking::thinking:
The staff are very friendly and seem to have their wits about them and are always happy to help.
Only been going for a couple of years and has definitely improved in that time. Especially since they appear to have fixed the air conditioning and I am no longer in danger of disappearing into a puddle of my own sweat
:sweat: :giggle:

Thank you so much for letting me know about the Shrewsbury Outlet Store. I want you to know that i have no problems with people selling items on.
The thing that makes me angry is the snatching and grabing in the Birchwood Outlet Store.
I have seen arguements and abuse in this store which is unacceptable. Some people are like wild animals and just seem to leave their manners at home.
We are staying near Shrewsbury at Easter, and after reading your reply, i am now looking forward to visiting the outlet store down there.
Many Thanks X :hi:

Unfortunately I'm too far away from Shrewsbury but it does seem like the management team run it properly, unlike the other store. It sounds as if the customers behave like human beings too. There is no allowance from individuals as to how far one has travelled, they (two in particular, who are text when stock is being put out) go out of their way to just push and grab everything they can. I have seen this too many times there and it does leave you wandering why it is allowed to continue. I have also been told that numerous complaints have been made but to no avail. I'm in no position to visit on a regular basis but when I do go it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Hi jewelami,
From what you hear from the other shoppers in there it doesn't seem to matter what day you go the same greedy people are causing trouble. It's a horrible place due to a handful of bad mannered, greedy sellers.

When I went to Warrinton in my naivety I thought they either had no dress sense or were hard up when I saw them with arm fulls of clothes ..I`ve never seen anything decent in the clothes in the couple of times I`ve been ..they must make money doing it to be worth doing that all day ..wonder have they ever met their match when they have been bullying their way around ?

Birchwood qvc store

I must admit, i have had some lovely clothes from there over the last few years. The only thing is that you have to stand about were the bully's are to get anything decent.:sad:

Shameful behaviour by the sounds of it, I dislike greed in any way, shape or form.

QVC should adopt a membership card scheme in their shops like a well know cheapish clothing outlet does. It costs nothing to register, you get a card and this is swiped everytime you visit, this could limit the number of purchases in a day by one individual to make it fair.

I think thats a fantastic idea, if only it were put into practise. This would make it fair for everyone, cause lets face it we all like a good bargain.:up:
I hope the management takes this on board.:clapping:

I think thats a fantastic idea, if only it were put into practise. This would make it fair for everyone, cause lets face it we all like a good bargain.:up:
I hope the management takes this on board.:clapping:

:yawn:

Do you think they will? They don't seem to take on board any complaints about what goes on in the shop. Sounds like a good idea to me and like you say we all like a good bargain! Or should I say we all WOULD LIKE THE CHANCE to get a good bargain! :confused2:

Sorry, but what do you mean LET you look? You have as much right as they do. I'd LOVE to be able to go to the outlets, but sadly they are too far away from me and, knowing my luck, if I did make a day of it, there'd be nothing worth buying.

Sorry, but what do you mean LET you look? You have as much right as they do. I'd LOVE to be able to go to the outlets, but sadly they are too far away from me and, knowing my luck, if I did make a day of it, there'd be nothing worth buying.

What I mean is at Birchwood if certain people are around you, you aren't able to look at a clothing item and it is removed from under your nose at rapid speed even from behind you.
Where as at Shrewsbury, the sellers are more than likely informed that they must stand back to see if customers are going to pick up an item first, before they take it off the rail.
Hope that makes sense.
Bags

Latest posts

Back