Birkenstock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suki 1

Registered Shopper
I have been watching the Birkenstock hours, the prices seem to have gone up quite a bit, lot of them are £50. What do other people think?

I have been watching the Birkenstock hours, the prices seem to have gone up quite a bit, lot of them are £50. What do other people think?

I was going to post the same thing yesterday. The prices seem very high. TKMaxx are doing some for £20.00.

I thought the same thing although I did treat myself to a pair as I just love my Birkis, its like wearing slippers.

They seem to be cashing in on their popularity. I had one pair, very comfortable but the colour on the footbed came off onto my feet. I might consider buying a pair cheaper elsewhere. Costco sell them but the choice is limited.

I love mine, live in them almost all summer. use them as slippers in the winter. But crickey the prices are starting to be a joke. £50 for basically a pair of flipflops? what is that all about?

I have 4 pairs (single strap ones) and I love them all. But I don't know what is going on with the price increase. They are way more expensive than last time they were on. It has put me off getting the purple patent ones which I was definitely going to get this summer.:doh:

As Loveheart said, TKMaxx have them. They had loads in last year. It's a bit too early yet but if you can wait until the Spring, they'll be half the price of Le Q. Obviously there won't be "QVC exclusives for the collectors", but I'm sure we can just about survive without those.

Can anyone tell me which of the Birkenstock's are wide fitting. I have been tempted today, but I dont really want to have to send them back . MTIA

Can anyone tell me which of the Birkenstock's are wide fitting. I have been tempted today, but I dont really want to have to send them back . MTIA

Usually the Gizeh toe posts are wide fitting. I have a very wide foot but can still wear the regualar birkis.

Am I the only one that finds them uncomfortable ? :sad:

NO, I have given them a good "go" on the recommendations of others, but still feel like I am wearing diving boots ! I dont think the totally flat sole helps - not with me anyway.

I know its personal taste, but I think they are THE least flattering footwear ever created ! I find it hard to agree with the presenters saying how beautiful (?) they look when the models are showing them worn with jeans or skirts. The Giza looks particularly awful with that great thick strap up the front of the foot. Puts me in mind of medical footwear.

Sorry, I know thousands love their birkies, I'm just not one of 'em.

If you think QVC are expensive I saw a pair in a shop today that were reduced to £100!
They were in a black box and were basically tarted up Gizeh.The footbed was black and the top was black with crystals stuck on. They are only flip flops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love them but could never wear them with skirts.I always wear mine with jeans,linen trousers or shorts.

To be fair I don't wear skirts that often - but when I do,its for more "formal occassions" and they can't sell me a birkenstock for that:down:

Everything has gone up - it's the VAT increase and the cost of living.

I love my birki's but £50 is way to expensive for me. They seem to have gone up by more than £5 in some cases which I think is a bit of a rip off. Will be looking in TKMaxx this year.

I think most of the ones they sell are QVC are the narrow fitting. You should be able to see footprints on the insole in the pictures. If it's filled in, then it's a narrow fit. If you can only see the outline of a footprint, then it is the regular fit (or wide if you prefer).

If you think QVC are expensive I saw a pair in a shop today that were reduced to £100!
They were in a black box and were basically tarted up Gizeh.The footbed was black and the top was black with crystals stuck on. They are only flip flops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They may have been part of the range Heidi Klum does for them. I think they are embellished!

Latest posts

Back