Blackberry Software Update

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tabatha

Registered Shopper
Not sure if anyone can help - fingers crossed xx

Today I had to do a software update. I downloaded it ok and then click to install.

It said it could take 2 hours - it has now been 8 hours and it is still doing the same thing.

Black screen with Blackberry Logo in the middle with the tool bar at the bottom and then gets halfway across and then goes to a white screen which says linking java and then goes back to black screen, this has been doing this all the time.

Not sure if this is what it is suppose to be doing, so I took the battery out - but it is still doing.

Can't use my phone and I need it badly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance xx

I've just searched on the net and found this advice:
Try doing a hard reset without the sim. With the handset switched on, remove the battery and sim card, leave for at least 10 minutes and then reboot without the sim card. It might take longer than usual.

I suppose you then put the sim card back in. As I didn't know which model you had. I couldn't check for specific problems. If the phone is still under warranty then you could take it to the relevant shop.

Thanks for the help iloveshopping.

It was still the same this morning, so I took it to the O2 shop. Thank goodness they managed to fix it. They had to take everything off the phone and then put it all back on again.

Thanks again for your help.

Latest posts

Back