breakage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lock n Lock states on their website their products (with receipt), are guaranteed for a year. I always thought it was guaranteed for a lifetime, but must be thinking of something else.

When lock n lock first came out and it was that guy Malcolm (I think) that used to demo them, they were fantastic and I've still got those. Later on when Simon Brown took over the quality of lock n lock was not the same and the flaps were prone to snapping off. A lot of my later ones are now in the bin. I think the later ones were made for QVC and therefore poorer quality, less cost to make but the same price as the old ones to the customer.

CC

In the early days I never had any Lock and Lock lids break, but I have some now with broken bits. Though these are not brand new and they are still useable.

I wash all mine in a dishwasher have had a dishwasher for 35 years. its very very rare that any of the closures have fallen off. I would say two or three and that's only one lock thats come off. still useable

I agree with previous posts. To keep their costs down, QVC have lowered their standards of quality on many products and I think that the items made specially for QVC are most definitely inferior to their counterparts. All this is off-putting and makes you think twice before ordering. Simon Brown is such an affable man and totally believable in his sales pitch. I think he would be disappointed to know about your experience, Would it be worth contacting him, or would he just pass you on to someone else?

I wash all mine in a dishwasher have had a dishwasher for 35 years. its very very rare that any of the closures have fallen off. I would say two or three and that's only one lock thats come off. still useable
I put them in the dishwasher then find the lids don’t fit, wondered if that was the cause? Had a good clear out a few months ago, loads of lids and bases which just did not marry up.

Well if the website says 1 year and Q are telling you three months, I definitely think it is worth writing to the company for an explanation of the difference such as inferior quality….
That's a really good idea, as there shouldn't be a discrepancy if it's supposed to be the same product they're selling. I don't know how much you paid for the set all told - but I did see some very tempting bundles which were very reasonably priced for the amount of lock n' locks in the set. It was a combination of not wanting to pay the p&p and not actually really needing any more that stopped me buying.
Ignoring p&p ,there's a set of 10 on sale at the moment for £17.98, so each container works out at around £1.80 - this is probably why they offered a £3 refund, and no doubt they thought this was more than generous. Looking at it this way, then yes, it is - but in reality it's pretty damned useless and a bit of an insult. Let's face it, you'd be hard pushed to find a small supermarket own brand container for that price. The other thing is being just a distributor, it would be hard for them to source a replacement lid. I personally think they could've given you a bit more in the name of good will - but as we well know Q doesn't appear to know the meaning of the word(s)!

When lock n lock first came out and it was that guy Malcolm (I think) that used to demo them, they were fantastic and I've still got those. Later on when Simon Brown took over the quality of lock n lock was not the same and the flaps were prone to snapping off. A lot of my later ones are now in the bin. I think the later ones were made for QVC and therefore poorer quality, less cost to make but the same price as the old ones to the customer.

CC

That's interesting you should say that. I have a couple of the coloured sets and have always been shocked at how stiff they can be to open & close, even when they've been washed quite a few times, to the extent where I've split my nail trying to open them at times. I've therefore started to go off the range. Maybe the original white range would be better though. I know when I was on holiday in Cornwall I popped into Trago Mills and the original white ones were so cheap, probably cheaper than the basic ones sold in Sainsbury's etc.

Your consumer rights within six months​

If a product develops a fault within the first six months after purchase, it’s assumed it has been there since the time of purchase. This means it’s up to the retailer to prove it wasn’t there when you bought it.
If a repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund or price reduction.

Latest posts

Back