Centigrade TSV 28/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Primarni perhaps?

Primark would never produce such a naff, unstylish cost as this.

The water resistant side in particular looks ****** awful, like something off a market stall. Horrible shape, neither loose nor fitted.

Awful.

Primark would never produce such a naff, unstylish cost as this.

The water resistant side in particular looks ****** awful, like something off a market stall. Horrible shape, neither loose nor fitted.

Awful.
My comment was meant more as a joke in that QVC try to give the impression that some of their brands are high-end designer rather than stuff anyone can get cheaper and often better quality elsewhere. I've bought tops, underwear and a fleece jacket from Primark in the past and they have all lasted well. I do think that some of the fabrics they use aren't always great quality but at least the prices reflect that. I think the TSV coat looks frumpy, bulky and certainly not fashion-forward as Glen might describe it. I've bought a couple of Centigrade coats in the past but I sent the last one back as I think the quality has gone downhill.

I have two Centigrade padded coats on the go and they do the job .I have a smarter wool coat from Marks and a Hobbs raincoat. These I wear for going out on smarter occasions.

I mainly wear the the Centigrade shopping dog walking etc.They are fine but they are a few years old . The quality on the TSV doesn't look great.

Centigrade were good years ago when they first appeared on the Q. I bought several coats over the years and couldn't find fault with them I even got the odd compliment when I was wearing them. This latest offering is awful it looks like something a little old lady would have worn 20 or 30 years ago when she was going to pick up her pension from the post office. Did you notice the buttons very small and cheap looking? The models didn't look great wearing it so another fail from Q and their TSV.

I caught this presentation last night as I was mooching around getting ready for bed. Apart from the garment being so ghastly, the irritating Glen Campbell said the words "fashion fix" at least 4 times in 6 minutes. Of course, we had "running through", "kick the sleeve back" (I assume that means turn back the cuff!) To be honest, there were too many to mention. He did say something about it being a fashion brand and at that point, I switched off.

I caught this presentation last night as I was mooching around getting ready for bed. Apart from the garment being so ghastly, the irritating Glen Campbell said the words "fashion fix" at least 4 times in 6 minutes. Of course, we had "running through", "kick the sleeve back" (I assume that means turn back the cuff!) To be honest, there were too many to mention. He did say something about it being a fashion brand and at that point, I switched off.

The man and his overworked and irritating hackneyed clichés need to be put out to pasture!

If he's going to stay he needs to invest in getting himself properly styled instead of going half-hipster in his look (he's too old for that look in my opinion) and he needs to ditch the clichés and say something relevant and to the point about the garments being paraded.

The clichés are trotted out so regularly that it's clear he's on autopilot and I can't help wondering if he's really got a clue about fashion at all when he comes out with them... it certainly doesn't convey to me any level of fashion expertise at all... they might as well trot out Micéal with his fashion stylist course.

It always makes me chuckle when I hear him say "your full on winter coat"......ohhh full on, and here's me only half wearing mine. :mysmilie_17: and it's not a Centigrade one.

DF said she has "so many" winter coats bought from Q in her wardrobe, (well, naturally, we all knew that, didn't we!) - to which he replied that it's a good idea to have a lot of coats, because you get fed-up with the same one and can alternate your coats during the winter, wearing one for a month and then changing it for another one, and so on over the winter. You have to admire the fact that they can always come out with yet another selling strategy - so now it's multiple winter coats. Get yours now, and if you haven't bought 6 of them, then why not?

Next is an ugly patterned coat too with Fibby Flints BS, time to turn over after ten seconds.

DF said she has "so many" winter coats bought from Q in her wardrobe, (well, naturally, we all knew that, didn't we!) - to which he replied that it's a good idea to have a lot of coats, because you get fed-up with the same one and can alternate your coats during the winter, wearing one for a month and then changing it for another one, and so on over the winter. You have to admire the fact that they can always come out with yet another selling strategy - so now it's multiple winter coats. Get yours now, and if you haven't bought 6 of them, then why not?

You have to wonder at the world these people inhabit. I was always of the opinion that a winter coat was a BIG investment, and always the most expensive item of clothing you would buy. Any "wardrobe" of coats would be slowly built up over years of careful looking after of existing coats and gradual acquisition of anything further.

Nowadays I find a waterproof jacket suits most of the time, but I also have one wool winter coat in a classic design in a winter white colour for times when a smart coat is required.

What they fail to realise is that they are not talking to the kind of people who can afford to have a wardrobe of coats... and the ones that could afford it have different priorities (and don't watch QVC).

I don't think anything of these coats at all - I don't see the point of the reversible feature. I would never want to wear the waterproof side on the inside... and the one which looks best furry side out is the blue, but it looks dreadful the otherway around... and both the others really only look ok with waterproof side on the outside. I know it's all down to personal taste, so no doubt many will disagree :mysmilie_47:

Am sure DF just read out a tweet or fakebook message that someone had over 50 of these Centigrade Coats and most were in her loft!? Who on earth has over 50 coats. I've been watching for 20 years and have only seen about 2 that I would seriously buy???

Maybe it's me but I don't get some of these obsessive fans that do this???????? :mysmilie_5:

Am sure DF just read out a tweet or fakebook message that someone had over 50 of these Centigrade Coats and most were in her loft!? Who on earth has over 50 coats. I've been watching for 20 years and have only seen about 2 that I would seriously buy???

Maybe it's me but I don't get some of these obsessive fans that do this???????? :mysmilie_5:

More loft space than sense, that's for sure!

The TSV coats were really pretty awful and I think its a bit patronising of the buyers to think many people would wear them .Sorry if any one did like them ,but if you don't have much choice ie can't get out or hate crowded shops you are stuck with a poor choice . Im not talking about anything overly expensive ,just a well designed coot without any cheap gimmicks. I know we can look else where online but I really think Q needs to try harder.

Whaaaaaattt!?!?!?!?! Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Even if they were "cheap" that's got to be at least £1500 spent just to be stored in the attic. They always say the most expensive clothes you buy are the ones you never wear. Best thing she could do would be stick them on Ebay, give someone else the chance to enjoy a coat for a decent price, and free up some space from her clutter. If that's not how she rolls... car boot sales, or just bung them in a bag and give them to charity.

As someone trying to reform my hoarderish ways I cleared out a load of stuff barely or never worn, and put it in the charity bag. That way I'm doing 3 good turns: 1) I get my wardrobe back; 2) the charity gets to earn some money; 3) the buyer gets a nice new/newish item of clothing to wear.

The TSV looked nothing special to me, just like the type of coat you could find much cheaper elsewhere (OK, the finish might be a bit better, but the appearance looked just the same). I've seen similar coats advertised on those whole-page adverts you see in magazines and the National newspapers. There are obviously some people who will buy anything from Q - and of course you have to have a couple in different colours, don't you?!!

The TSV coats were really pretty awful and I think its a bit patronising of the buyers to think many people would wear them .Sorry if any one did like them ,but if you don't have much choice ie can't get out or hate crowded shops you are stuck with a poor choice . Im not talking about anything overly expensive ,just a well designed coot without any cheap gimmicks. I know we can look else where online but I really think Q needs to try harder.

Latest posts

Back