CEW Awards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That must have been a long awards ceremony!

I want to try the Bourjois hands and feet nail polish remover. Great idea.

How ON EARTH did Benefit's push up liner win best new make up product? The reviews are diabolical!

Typical of Benefit over-hype and style over substance, can't believe the CEW fell for it.

How ON EARTH did Benefit's push up liner win best new make up product? The reviews are diabolical!

Typical of Benefit over-hype and style over substance, can't believe the CEW fell for it.

I expect, as these are often billed as being Beauty Oscars, that the companies involved campaign to a) get nominated, and b) win!

I'd love to know how products are long-listed and then short-listed for the awards. I'd like more specific info about who is eligible to vote. I'd like to know what is and isn't allowed in the way of campaigning. I'd like to know how they define Mass market and Prestige...

Then you get the way the CEW are promoted as being such a big deal as the "in the know" mob vote for them... sorry, but I'm very cynical. It is like the oscars, in that the voters will tend to vote for brands they know or have past associations with, or where they are launched by one of their own (Liz Earle being a good example). Great if the products are actually doing the job for real women (and men) with no commercial axe to grind, but ultimately for that I'd rather base my choices on my own experience and investigation.

So bottom line - I'm not sold on CEW awards as credible endorsement of how good products are.

How does frangipani monoi oil get to be best new body product - it's been around for years. I do love it though.

What have you used from BeeGood Donna,I fancy the cleanser.

I have used the cleanser, a little goes a long way, the muslin cloth is quite small though. It is a tube and I know people asked them to do it in a pump. They do special offers like free shipping etc each month. The hand cream is not greasy and goes into the hands quickly. Lip Balm is not bad. I did get the Balm stuff and used it as a night hand treatment. Oh and with each other you get a label which has wildflower seeds in it, also lovely little handmade chocolates

I found out about the brand from the britishbeautyblogger.

The QVCshows are I either 3rd or 4th May , so it looks like a short show
LizEarle and Elemis PCMC

I don't know - if they include both winners and runners up, they'll probably get an hour out of it... especially with all the ad breaks they can use to pad it out!
They have the brands, and if they don't necessarily have the products on their website yet, I imagine they'll have them in some configuration for the show...

Winner brands already on QVC (only prestige, I notice):
Glamglow
Percy & Reed
Elemis
Liz Earle
Benefit
Melvita

Runner up brands on QVC:
Bare Minerals
Elemis
This Works
Liz Earle
Benefit
Philip Kingsley
Vita Liberata
Lalique
Melvita

I reckon they'll have no problem filling a two-hour show with all of those.

Just wonder if they'll have some CEW insiders on the show to fawn shamelessly over. They did a show last year with some beauty editor showcasing her picks from QVC beauty. It was quite ridiculous. Both AY and the various guests for the different brands all trying to outdo each other in sucking up to this woman. Can't remember her name as I don't regularly read any of the mags.

We'd better tune in on 3rd May then. Interesting that lots of these prestige companies have 'sister' companies - I didn't know about Melvita and L'Occitane but I understand that Mandara Spa in Sainsburys is the diffusion line of Elemis. I'm definitely going to have a look at Bee Good and I already use Avene for my rosacea, although I'm also pleased with SBC Rose and Argan.

We'd better tune in on 3rd May then. Interesting that lots of these prestige companies have 'sister' companies - I didn't know about Melvita and L'Occitane but I understand that Mandara Spa in Sainsburys is the diffusion line of Elemis. I'm definitely going to have a look at Bee Good and I already use Avene for my rosacea, although I'm also pleased with SBC Rose and Argan.

Elemis are now owned by Bliss, they have spas and their own brands. All highend stuff, oh and a US company so cannot see them doing stuff especially for Sainsburys.

Latest posts

Back