Charlie Brook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
It dawned on me the other day that I haven't seen Charlie for ages. Has he left or is he ill, does anyone know?

I sincerely wish Charlie well, but I don't miss his all-too-slow "slow reveal". Find myself yelling "hurry up, for Gawd's sake!" at the screen. Get well soon, Charlie...
He has a problem with his back

I like Charlie, he's my favourite male presenter. He doesn't have much competition.

I find Charlie is the best presenter they've got, he doesn't love, use or can't live without everything and comes across a nice guy.

I really like Charlie. And Dale. And Micheal (sp). I think they're far better presenters than any of the females. However, I really struggle to watch Craig and Simon.

Agree, he doesn't do the "it's changed my life and my Auntie has 50 of them" spiel, which gets so tiresome with the others (and some more than others!). Although I find him very slow, especially when doing the jewellery hours, and I always laugh my head off when he's scoffing down the demo. grub, at least it proves he eats - unlike some of them, who could do with a few pies and chocs. to fill out their skeletal frames. In his favour is that he's not one of the hard-sell, relentless pushing brigade (another reason why I don't mind Kathy T). I know he's mentioned before about having back problems, so hope he's well soon.

I find Charlie is the best presenter they've got, he doesn't love, use or can't live without everything and comes across a nice guy.

Agree, he doesn't do the "it's changed my life and my Auntie has 50 of them" spiel, which gets so tiresome with the others (and some more than others!). Although I find him very slow, especially when doing the jewellery hours, and I always laugh my head off when he's scoffing down the demo. grub, at least it proves he eats - unlike some of them, who could do with a few pies and chocs. to fill out their skeletal frames. In his favour is that he's not one of the hard-sell, relentless pushing brigade (another reason why I don't mind Kathy T). I know he's mentioned before about having back problems, so hope he's well soon.

Yes no getting away from it he does talk slow, I believe they have to book the show three weeks in advance for the "reveal" (ooh er missus!)

I'm sorry to hear he's got back problems - very painful, so rest up and get well soon, Charlie.
Not that he's my favourite male presenter. I find the food scoffing OTT and irritating and I think he does love himself quite a lot. I prefer Dale and Craig.

Ouch yes ..I get this heart and there ....siatica ....I am short but I know that tall people are prone to back problems ....it's not nice ...Get well Soon Charli ...

If I switch over and he's there with food of any description on the table, I always take a bet with myself to see how much of what's on the table vanishes (and how often the guest has to replenish)! I have to laugh, he obviously loves his grub and frankly, I'd much rather see someone of his build (certainly not fat, but not skinny) than I would seeing the skeletal Minnies who appear on there so regularly and look haggard and unhealthy. I always long to stuff a sausage roll through the screen (oo er, that sounds a bit suspect, but you know what I mean).
I'm sorry to hear he's got back problems - very painful, so rest up and get well soon, Charlie.
Not that he's my favourite male presenter. I find the food scoffing OTT and irritating and I think he does love himself quite a lot. I prefer Dale and Craig.

Don't anyone offer him any food because he probably would do just that for a tasty snack.

I like all the male presenters, except smarmy Craig.

Whilst I don't wish Charlie ill - I'm sure he's a decent enough bloke - I just find his style something of a smarm overdose. He's better than gurning Craig Rowe and raspy gnome Richard Jackson. Dale Franklin is OK. Funnily enough I quite like Simon Biaggi yet he is arguably more unctuous than Charlie. I wish they'd have Dennis Basso as a presenter! I think he'd be funny!

Funny how we all like different people, each to their own and all that. I can't stand the cheese that is Simon "well we have all sorts of things here at QVC" Biagi with his constant"annnnd" or smarmy Dale, who false laughs when he talks, who likes, loves and is surprised immensely by everything sold at QVC (shock!) But it would be a funny place if we all liked the same, saying that I rarely watch now and non of them with their hard sell really appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back