Chloe

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the only stick anyone can wield these days is to be discriminated against, by the appalling diction of many professional broadcasters. Then there is the dreadful standard of a lot of the subtitling.
Gone are the days when you could read an article without feeling a wave of irritation at some point. With some websites - yes, BBC, I mean you - there are so many waves of irritation that I get swamped or stop reading.
I don't care about accents, but I do care about properly paced speech, involving standard English. I want sentences with nouns and verbs...adjectives optional.
Put simply - I want to be able to understand what's being said . I dread becoming hard of hearing, as there are already so many auditory challenges on tv...

I think the only stick anyone can wield these days is to be discriminated against, by the appalling diction of many professional broadcasters. Then there is the dreadful standard of a lot of the subtitling.
Gone are the days when you could read an article without feeling a wave of irritation at some point. With some websites - yes, BBC, I mean you - there are so many waves of irritation that I get swamped or stop reading.
I don't care about accents, but I do care about properly paced speech, involving standard English. I want sentences with nouns and verbs...adjectives optional.
Put simply - I want to be able to understand what's being said . I dread becoming hard of hearing, as there are already so many auditory challenges on tv...
I always have AUDIO DESCRIPTION on if available.

Even if you haven't quite heard the dialogue, the description of the picture usually fills in the blanks of what you've missed.

Also, it has far more description of items I didn't even notice myself eg (made up) she was wearing a 5ct simulated pink diamond, or she was carrying a green handbag (but we are calling it purple).

Another very useful feature is that it reads out any text, such as in a letter or on a smartphone screen. It infuriates me that the BBC etc assume that everyone has perfect vision, and even if you do have, I doubt anuone can read things fast enough in the short time they are displayed on the screen.

And another thing, many dramas have scenes taking place in almost total darkness, which no-one would be able to see, but the AD describes what is going on.

If your TV or box supports it, I highly recommend trying it, and would be interested in what you think.

Just started job and off on holiday already? Not in any job I’ve had.
Pre-booked holidays are honoured, even in a time of covid when destinations have changed colours like traffic lights so holidays couldn't be guaranteed. She's untouchable like the rest of them.

I agree, May. Frequently I read stories on the BBC News site that make no sense at all on first reading. There's no excuse for that. My local paper, the Tavistock Times, has higher standards.

🚨 Main channel warning 🚨

I think I should have ordered this TSV before coming on air.
The black is the one for me, I talk a lot about KitKats.
I might need a few and I’m getting worried it’s going to sell out before I go off air.
Confirm your orders or you will loose it cause a lurker like me will grab one.
So head to the web site or tap the app to place your orders.
How did I miss this, I’ve got to be on it you see, I’ve got to be on it.
Don‘t worry I definitely will be ordering the black…..
This job is going to have me spending loads and loads of money, I don’t know what to do with myself.
I had this MW top in my hour and I absolutely love this top.
What can I say I’m a bit risque you see, I like to tease the people and would probably just wear a bra underneath or a bandau top.
Do you know what I mean.
What can I say yeah, I’m a little bit risque, I don’t really know what to say.
Imogen your trousers tell us about them.

Have we had the preview then 🤔

🚨 Main channel warning 🚨

I think I should have ordered this TSV before coming on air.
The black is the one for me, I talk a lot about KitKats.
I might need a few and I’m getting worried it’s going to sell out before I go off air.
Confirm your orders or you will loose it cause a lurker like me will grab one.
So head to the web site or tap the app to place your orders.
How did I miss this, I’ve got to be on it you see, I’ve got to be on it.
Don‘t worry I definitely will be ordering the black…..
This job is going to have me spending loads and loads of money, I don’t know what to do with myself.
I had this MW top in my hour and I absolutely love this top.
What can I say I’m a bit risque you see, I like to tease the people and would probably just wear a bra underneath or a bandau top.
Do you know what I mean.
What can I say yeah, I’m a little bit risque, I don’t really know what to say.
Imogen your trousers tell us about them.

Have we had the preview then 🤔
In Your Face. I found her Style slot & didn't stay around long enough to hear her speak - the head movements were enough.

So Imogen goes through all the colours on the rail.
With then the reply definitely check the web site for all the sizes colours etc Qvcuk com.
I really like these, tell me about the waistband…
These are definitely going to stay up aren’t they it’s a pet hate of mine when they don’t stay up.

I've written YET ANOTHER email of complaint - about the over use of 'guys'. Will whatever his name is used the term twice in as many seconds, and that did me. Then Jamaica Joyce started a bit later and her lack of articulation was painful to hear, so off she went.

Or saying 'less' instead of 'fewer' eg 'less calories' instead of 'fewer calories'. Also hate when people spell 'your' instead of 'you're' and say you/they 'was' instead of 'were'. I could go on.... Andi Peters once had a rant on QVC about poor grammar
Dale makes fun of Andy when he says "fewer" instead of "less.". More fool, Dale. You're showing yourself up as an ignoramus.

I always have AUDIO DESCRIPTION on if available.

Even if you haven't quite heard the dialogue, the description of the picture usually fills in the blanks of what you've missed.

Also, it has far more description of items I didn't even notice myself eg (made up) she was wearing a 5ct simulated pink diamond, or she was carrying a green handbag (but we are calling it purple).

Another very useful feature is that it reads out any text, such as in a letter or on a smartphone screen. It infuriates me that the BBC etc assume that everyone has perfect vision, and even if you do have, I doubt anuone can read things fast enough in the short time they are displayed on the screen.

And another thing, many dramas have scenes taking place in almost total darkness, which no-one would be able to see, but the AD describes what is going on.

If your TV or box supports it, I highly recommend trying it, and would be interested in what you think.
Does ad work on Q?

When i use subs, they often can't keep up.

Latest posts

Back