Christmas Eve QVC no fun anymore?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years back when they had Sale Items on QVC on Xmas Eve, it meant they didnt have to hafc sell so coukd be less serious, plus you had more jolly presenters, Anthony would normally do the Xnas Eve shift and dress up as santa.

Phil Parker is dressed up as a pixie but that is it, RJ could have dressed up as a Gnome.

And here is an idea for the prerecord stuff over Christmas.

Each presenter cojld have a 30 minute slot, discussing there blogs, they keep on about ut enougb. They could tell viewers there year via there blogs, and tweets.

Certain presenters woukd need hour specials

I caught a bit of jewellery show with Chuntley & Julia and whilst they were wearing reindeer headbands the talk was all about me me me.

Chuntley about being a builder (right!) having to diet in January because she ate half a sprout and Julia about bleeding Sophie and her books still being available.

To be honest the jewellery was few and far between, the chat boring and not a bit of fun between them.

At present Kathy T is trying hard to have festive fun with that wee creep and his steam cleaner.

Marks and the mile long que for the turkey was fun in comparison.

I turned on for a festive view, to find the pixie pointing his big hot red tool down the toilet in the demo we have seen hundreds of times before. Like lovingthingsitalian, I am off to the packed carparks of the DHS.

I can't take to Phil Parker with or without his elf costume. I would like to wish all FM's a Happy and Peaceful Christmas, and good health for all in the New Year.....:up:

Turned over to have a look when that second I heard "it kills 99 per.........." and over the telly went. QVC even if it was fun is still only there to grab your money off you, so if it's entertainment you want, watch an entertainment channel. Christmas is all prepared now in the Shopperholic household, so me and Mrs S are popping on some Christmas films now and collapsing on the sofa till the family come tomorrow for the fun to start..........merry Christmas everyone.

Us too! Just finished DVD of "It's a Wonderful Life" - just love that film and watch it every year, without fail. Jimmy Stewart is one of my favourites - watched him yesterday in "The Glen Miller Story", too.
Turned over to have a look when that second I heard "it kills 99 per.........." and over the telly went. QVC even if it was fun is still only there to grab your money off you, so if it's entertainment you want, watch an entertainment channel. Christmas is all prepared now in the Shopperholic household, so me and Mrs S are popping on some Christmas films now and collapsing on the sofa till the family come tomorrow for the fun to start..........merry Christmas everyone.

Just wishing everyone on the qvc forum/this site a happy Christmas

I don't post much (especially these days) but I do enjoy when I can, get to read the comments, whether it be dislike or praise (however rare)

Long may it continue.

I don't post much (especially these days) but I do enjoy when I can, get to read the comments, whether it be dislike or praise (however rare)

Long may it continue.

And those of us who post are very glad that you are reading us. Have a lovely Christmas.

mr tom, welcome back. Wishing you a very happy Christmas and New Year, and perhaps we'll see you on here a bit more in the New Year.:mysmilie_843:

Long may it continue.

I caught a bit of jewellery show with Chuntley & Julia and whilst they were wearing reindeer headbands the talk was all about me me me.

Chuntley about being a builder (right!) having to diet in January because she ate half a sprout and Julia about bleeding Sophie and her books still being available.

To be honest the jewellery was few and far between, the chat boring and not a bit of fun between them.

At present Kathy T is trying hard to have festive fun with that wee creep and his steam cleaner.

Marks and the mile long que for the turkey was fun in comparison.

It was funny though,Kathy T trying to keep him under control.At one stage she told him he needs to lie down in a dark room. It was funny but not in the way he intended.

Kathy talked about her daughters wedding and I went on to her blog to look at pictures.She is kitted out in Q garments,so they really do wear what they sell.Looked good in Frank Usher cape.

Listening to SB read out gushing reviews for mats was worse than the pain of slicing my finger on a rice pudding tin yesterday. Merry Christmas everybody.

It was funny though,Kathy T trying to keep him under control.At one stage she told him he needs to lie down in a dark room. It was funny but not in the way he intended.

Kathy talked about her daughters wedding and I went on to her blog to look at pictures.She is kitted out in Q garments,so they really do wear what they sell.Looked good in Frank Usher cape.

Could it be because they're freebies ? and therefore a good saving on at least one part of the wedding !

Happy Christmas everyone.

Could it be because they're freebies ? and therefore a good saving on at least one part of the wedding !

Happy Christmas everyone.

Could be .Everything was QVC .Even the Butler and Wilson jewellery. And help with the decorations from Peony flowers. Any way have a happy day all. I leave the cooking to hubby and worry about the decimation of the kitchen later.....

Yes I was just thinking about this myself actually about 7 or 8 years ago they would loop a 'QVC special' which would have been a montage of the best bits from the QVC presenters as well as some festive songs thrown in to the mix, this was then looped from Christmas Eve afternoon through until Boxing Day. Now it is full on 'selly telly'. It seems that instead of relaxing a bit over the 'selly telly' aggressiveness they are becoming more hard core. I mean even on the front page of the QVC website today (yes I know a tad sad), the strap-line for the Charlie Bear TSV is 'will you give a bear a home this Christmas', playing on the emotional side, with a nod to charity adverts. It just makes me even more cynical over the whole cooperation.
Oh yes Merry Christmas to one and all!

Latest posts

Back