Christmas in July

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrMarple

Registered Shopper
Looking at the TV Guide, looks like this will be happening next Thursday & Friday.

Very excited, 2 whole days full of overpriced $hite. (So just like any other day on Q really)!

I'm willing to place a bet that we'll have the pleasure of Ann(e) Dorrington & Gill Gauntlet all day, with Gill telling us every 17 seconds that Christmas is her favourite time of the year.

This is what we'll get (probably).

Set of 3 Xmas Keyrings.

Boing Boing Cuddly Toys.

Set of 6 Battery Lights in the shape of Snowmen etc that (are supposed to) stick to windows and mirrors.

Various Wreaths & Garlands

A selection of Xmas decorations of dubious quality

The woman standing on a block of ice with an invisible dog. She finds this very amusing every time, obviously forgetting we've all seen it before.

Packs of Gift Bags, Cards, Tags & Wrapping Paper that seem like a bargain at the time, but when you open them up you realise that they are so thin that you can see through them. (I speak from experience here).

Honestly, I can't wait. (for us to start slagging it off on here). Booking the two days off work now.

Don't forget to write your list so you don't forget anything ....people will be jumping to those phones as they will all ......prove to be very popular!!:mysmilie_17:

Last year`s leftovers rolled out to make way for this year`s tat which will then become next year`s leftovers. The whole concept of Christmas in July is ridiculous to me. One minute they`re selling fake tan, sunglasses and T shirts, the next minute they`re talking of slipping on ice, "gifting" and Christmas wrapping, all in the same week. Ridiculous !
If anybody really does want to begin their Christmas shopping then fair enough, there are lots of online and bricks and mortar shops having great reductions at the moment but 2 days of forced merriment whilst we swelter ( hopefully ) in the heat or are still considering what to pack for our holidays, is too much to bear for most people.

Looking at the TV Guide, looks like this will be happening next Thursday & Friday.

Very excited, 2 whole days full of overpriced $hite. (So just like any other day on Q really)!

Please take a look at 701190, the inflatable reindeer wreath as an example!

The tat alarm has just gone off! Please switch of your television set immediately!

What I hate most about this "event" is all the dressing up and Christmas trees and the pretence that it really *is* Christmastime. Spare me.

And "gifting" - I abhor that expression but you'll hear it everywhere now. Why should we always? Why is it so bad to buy to keep?

I know what you mean, Moth, and even worse IMHO is "sifting and gifting" as used mostly by Alexis on a L'Occy collection! Then you get to the helpful suggestions of what you can give to whom. I am sometimes amazed by the cost of items they are picking for teachers' gifts, dog walker gifts etc.. In fact I usually switch off at that point! Not everyone can afford to give posh expensive shower gels with matching body lotion to all and sundry!!!!! No wonder people get into debt at Xmas.

I generally go into Grinch mode though when all this ballyhoo is on, and the final straw for me was the introduction of that Black Friday sale on the DHS last year. What was that all about, causing a frenzy for nothing!

The tat alarm has just gone off! Please switch of your television set immediately!

What I hate most about this "event" is all the dressing up and Christmas trees and the pretence that it really *is* Christmastime. Spare me.

And "gifting" - I abhor that expression but you'll hear it everywhere now. Why should we always? Why is it so bad to buy to keep?

The talking with , pre-senile dementia voiceometre alarm bell is ringing :mysmilie_518::yawn:

What is it about Christmas that has all shops, not just Q (although particularly bad) feel they can palm us off with the biggest load of crud known to mankind.

Agree about the gifting, wonder just how many of these presenters/ambassadors actually gift to all and sundry. Del Boy strikes me as a bit of a freeloader so don't imagine her buying the way she implores us to do. She wears an awful lot of Q clothes in real life but I strongly suspect that they are all freebies, nuff said!

This has made me laugh...

I order the Prices Candles TSV in December 2013:
http://www.qvcuk.com/Prices-Candles....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-702334
It was £19.98 plus £4.95 postage = £24.93

There is a Christmas In July set, which is exactly the same amount of candles:
http://www.qvcuk.com/Price's-Candle...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-15-_-703633
They have set the price at a pound lower, but increased the postage - £18.98 plus £5.95 postage = £24.93

Thanks for this. I loved last year's set. At least the total price is not higher this year and I only ever look at the total inc P&P anyway.

I love the 3 or 4 weeks before Christmas and really get into the spirit of buying presents, choosing unusual wrappings, making the house look festive etc. It's a seasonal thing, it happens when the days are short and the weather is cold to keep up our spirits in the deep midwinter

I really do not want to be bombarded with it in a July heat wave, I'm spending my money on the garden and days out..

Too right ERICS MUM, Christmas shopping feels special in December when the lights are up, Christmas songs on, it feels fun and festive. Plus, where the hell do people store this stuff for 5 months?! And even if I did have somewhere to store the presents I'm damn well sure I'd forget about them...

I`m still thinking about palm trees not Christmas trees. Haven`t had my holidays yet !

I'm willing to place a bet that we'll have the pleasure of Ann(e) Dorrington & Gill Gauntlet all day, with Gill telling us every 17 seconds that Christmas is her favourite time of the year.

This is what we'll get (probably).

Set of 3 Xmas Keyrings.

Boing Boing Cuddly Toys.

Set of 6 Battery Lights in the shape of Snowmen etc that (are supposed to) stick to windows and mirrors.

Various Wreaths & Garlands

A selection of Xmas decorations of dubious quality

The woman standing on a block of ice with an invisible dog. She finds this very amusing every time, obviously forgetting we've all seen it before.

Packs of Gift Bags, Cards, Tags & Wrapping Paper that seem like a bargain at the time, but when you open them up you realise that they are so thin that you can see through them. (I speak from experience here).

Honestly, I can't wait. (for us to start slagging it off on here). Booking the two days off work now.

LOOOL! I can't believe they're doing it again! I really wonder who buys all that stuff? I guest some people must or QVC wouldn't repeat the event. I bet among the wonderful offerings will be a hideous Thomas Pacconi nativity scene with glued-on figurines that look like they've come from the Pound Shop!

Ingrid Tarrant, who thinks nothing of telling us to layer Yong Kim tops at £100 a go has just said that Q has to do C in July because Christmas is soooo expensive and we have to spread out our spending. Rich or what!

Latest posts

Back