Cleansers and Toners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If your pores closed you would die. Thats how your skin breaths.

That old chestnut is often said.

It's true, your pores can't open and close, its a myth. A toner is used if you cleanse with a cleansing milk and remove with cotton wool or tissue its recommended you tone. If you use water with a cleanser you don't need to. To me its just a ploy to get you to spend more money. Personal preference really.

Last edited:
It's true, your pores can't open and close, its a myth. A toner is used if you cleanse with a cleansing milk and remove with cotton wool or tissue its recommended you tone. If you use water with a cleanser you don't need to. To me its just a ploy to get you to spend more money. Personal preference really.

If you use a wash off cleanser and follow with a toner you will often find the the cotton wool pad does not always come back clean especially if the cleanser (although used with water) may contain oil if it is for dry skin for example. It really depends on the ingredients used in the cleanser.

Toners are not harsh if you buy the correct one. Some do moisturise and soothe sensitive skin. For some people just rinsing with water causes tightness and irritation and so an alcohol free toner would remedy this. In younger skins the toner may be moisturising enough not to follow with a moisturiser after.

I like the feeling of using a toner but don't buy expensive ones and regardless of what skincare I'm using I buy waitrose's gentle one with no fragrance at £1.90 or the simple one which is about £3.00. Marvellous.

Latest posts

Back