Clever Ruth?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had the Pfizer a couple of weeks ago, no reaction, bring on No.2.I remember the fear of Polio as a child and having the vaccinations, also TB at 13 years of age.I needed a Primary Vaccination for Smallpox to enter the USA in the early ‘70,s not good, but no vaccination, no entry and that is why these terrible diseases have been eradicated.

I had the Pfizer a couple of weeks ago, no reaction, bring on No.2.I remember the fear of Polio as a child and having the vaccinations, also TB at 13 years of age.I needed a Primary Vaccination for Smallpox to enter the USA in the early ‘70,s not good, but no vaccination, no entry and that is why these terrible diseases have been eradicated.

I had to have the smallpox jab before heading to the US in the early 70s. It left a hell of a mess on my arm. It's still there, looks like a blister about an inch across. I was quite young and remember my mother's concern as I'd apparently reacted to it like none of the others in the family.

I have a progressive neurological condition and asthma (controlled mostly). I won't be called like the younger people in my neuro group as I refused their immune-suppressing drugs as I'd had a bad reaction to those, too.

I must admit I'm a bit miffed to hear about young healthy people (it's not what you know, folks, but who you know - all the admin staff at my surgery have sent their families for their jabs) having it before people who need it more.

I'm not that bothered about mine as I'm only now starting to get a bit of cabin fever. I've enjoyed the peace and quiet of lockdown and didn't go out when I could. The only people we now see are the Tesco delivery blokes. I'm particularly relieved to be avoiding my family (you can pick your friends...).

Same here. I had a bit of a hurty arm for one day, but apart from that I wouldn't even have know that I'd had the vaccination.

I’ll be glad when everyone gets sorted.

Today in Marks woman about 40 and younger girl either with masks and nothing visible to say they were exempt. Even if you were would you not wear a visor for the few minutes you were in the store (it’s only a glorified convenience store) to stop people giving you the look?

I’ll be glad when everyone gets sorted.

Today in Marks woman about 40 and younger girl either with masks and nothing visible to say they were exempt. Even if you were would you not wear a visor for the few minutes you were in the store (it’s only a glorified convenience store) to stop people giving you the look?

Were they of the modern phenomenon 'entitled/special' clan that rules don't apply to?

I think just about everyone would be able to wear a visor at the very least for a short while in a shop. Except for 'those' people (that really get up my nose. I'm glad I don't go out).

Were they of the modern phenomenon 'entitled/special' clan that rules don't apply to?

I think just about everyone would be able to wear a visor at the very least for a short while in a shop. Except for 'those' people (that really get up my nose. I'm glad I don't go out).
I've often said that if someone is unable to wear a mask for whatever reason they should be forced to stay at home, and bollocks to their human rights to go out, what about my human right not to be exposed to the virus!

I've often said that if someone is unable to wear a mask for whatever reason they should be forced to stay at home, and bollocks to their human rights to go out, what about my human right not to be exposed to the virus!

Yep. I've had to stay home and get my groceries delivered for the last year. Why should people who just 'don't want to' wear a mask be allowed to get away with it? People like this have cost lives.

Reminds me of the old Jasper Carrot joke where he describes his MIL's driving as never having had an accident but seen dozens.

I see Holden has been reported for travelling 200 miles to Cornwall to see her parents. Needless to say it was an “emergency” and fully “allowed”

Amazing how emergencies/work is never in wet Hull and tell that to people who haven’t see their mother for over a year.

Entitled unicorns.
Can't stand the woman.

Well, I was sitting in work and got a call on my mobile at 3.40pm from my doctor asking me if I could come down at 4.40pm and get my vaccine? Oh, yes I will be there! So I got the Oxford version and have to return on the 4th May. We had to stand in the car park and quite a few people also got the call all ages.

Latest posts

Back