Clever Ruth?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RL, who is 60 & in good health, was called early for her vaccination & feels 'SO grateful'. How has that happened?
My cousin is 35 and has asthma and has been called for her vaccine. She was surprised but she’s having it. There seem to lots of inconsistencies but I say take it if you’re offered it.

She also recycles too many stories. The one about her nephew dropping a bit of ice down the gaping at the back of her jeans...the pulling the jeans out of your heels and squatting down to get them on properly... It's all a bit same-y.

I think RL and Kabler work well together though, and they're definitely not my most unfavourite pair. There's a bit more 'edge' to them than the more sickly-sweet, fawning pairings like Gok and the ****** awful Alex Kramer. Honestly - Gok Wan could do a crap live on set and she'd probably gush about how 'clever' it was.

I had my vaccination yesterday but am not in the high risk groups 1 - 4, but our doctors’ surgery is tanking through them so I was a lot earlier than I expected. I had the Pfizer one and, if anyone is concerned about having it, I‘ve had no issues at all. They did ask us to wait in the surgery for 15 minutes after the injection though in case anyone had an adverse reaction, but that’s normal advice.

I had my vaccination yesterday but am not in the high risk groups 1 - 4, but our doctors’ surgery is tanking through them so I was a lot earlier than I expected. I had the Pfizer one and, if anyone is concerned about having it, I‘ve had no issues at all. They did ask us to wait in the surgery for 15 minutes after the injection though in case anyone had an adverse reaction, but that’s normal advice.
I had a letter from my surgery yesterday and I thought it was my vaccine appointment.

It was a letter about the vaccine but not an appointment, in a nutshell it said don't call us, we'll call you but we're busy so don't hold your breath.

I think I should be in the next group here. I have asthma but not shielding which is the group they are calling now. The next group which starts sometime in March is 16-64 and health problems.

A friend was complaining to me about how her partner 71 got a call from their doctor to go to him for his jab. She is 69 and not 70 until July so six months. But she has some health problems papalized vocal cord and asthma but never got a shielding letter. She was told she would have to phone up and go to one of the vaccine centres at the Royal Victoria Hospital. There is a regular bus service to it, but she is outraged. I am hoping I get the RVH as my centre.

I had the Pfizer also and had no side effects at all, however Mr L got the AstraZeneca and hasn’t felt that great for the last 2 days. Whether this is the jab or due to ongoing problem with this meds I don’t know.

I had a letter from my surgery yesterday and I thought it was my vaccine appointment.

It was a letter about the vaccine but not an appointment, in a nutshell it said don't call us, we'll call you but we're busy so don't hold your breath.
Maybe you will get a letter from the NHS instead.

I had the Pfizer also and had no side effects at all, however Mr L got the AstraZeneca and hasn’t felt that great for the last 2 days. Whether this is the jab or due to ongoing problem with this meds I don’t know.
I had the AstraZeneca one and had a bit of a bad arm the next day, however, I know of 2 people who have also had it and haven't been too well but are ok now.

My cousin is 35 and has asthma and has been called for her vaccine. She was surprised but she’s having it. There seem to lots of inconsistencies but I say take it if you’re offered it.
I think I should be in the next group here. I have asthma but not shielding which is the group they are calling now. The next group which starts sometime in March is 16-64 and health problems.

A friend was complaining to me about how her partner 71 got a call from their doctor to go to him for his jab. She is 69 and not 70 until July so six months. But she has some health problems papalized vocal cord and asthma but never got a shielding letter. She was told she would have to phone up and go to one of the vaccine centres at the Royal Victoria Hospital. There is a regular bus service to it, but she is outraged. I am hoping I get the RVH as my centre.
Don't get me started on group asthma sufferers should be in. Those shielding will be group 4 but Asthma UK clarified today that Government say not all the other asthmatics will be in group 6. It seems only those who have been on steroid tablets or hospitalised will be group 6, rest will be within their age group despite them saying throughout the pandemic that asthmatics are high risk. 😡

Don't get me started on group asthma sufferers should be in. Those shielding will be group 4 but Asthma UK clarified today that Government say not all the other asthmatics will be in group 6. It seems only those who have been on steroid tablets or hospitalised will be group 6, rest will be within their age group despite them saying throughout the pandemic that asthmatics are high risk. 😡

I agree, they haven’t got a clue. I’ve got Asthma but suspect I’ll be right near the bottom of the list and yes you’re right, we were told to lock ourselves away because we’re high risk, all of a sudden, seems we’re not.

Yes, that is right. When the groups were announced asthmas suffers were supposed to be classed as vulnerable and in with the higher groups getting it.

My boss actually wanted me to work from home because I have asthmas, which I did with first lockdown even though I would still have to go in once a week for a few hours. But this time I just came into work, there are only 4 of us when I am in, and we keep apart.

My sister (55) and niece (26) and both working in care homes had the Astra jab a couple of weeks ago and both felt awful for 2 days after.

Reading some very diverse comments about Ruth getting the jab ranging from she brings such joy to viewers she must be prioritised and renaming the vaccine Eamon because he’s such a Pr.ck.😊
I haven't had a needle stuck into me, other than to take blood, since I was 14 & the nurse who gave me my BCG vaccination did say "It's just a little pr*ck". It was 1972 & back then we were innocent!

Latest posts

Back