Collagen creams branded a sham!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Says so on the bottle of Vitamin C tablets I bought the last time I came down with a cold.

Oh pooh, my comment must have been too cryptic for you. I should have highlighted your comment as follows:

And the trouble with Vitamin C is that too much of it can have a laxative effect: so be careful out there!

unquote

hope this makes sense, sorry if you thought I was being rude!

I never believed in the whole collagen claims but I have to say I do love my Elemis products. I have sensitive skin and they work for me.

Lots of water and fresh air would be far more beneficial than anything.

I never believed in the whole collagen claims but I have to say I do love my Elemis products. I have sensitive skin and they work for me.

Lots of water and fresh air would be far more beneficial than anything.

Exactly, plus good sun protection.

The beauty (sorry :dull:) of QVC is that you can try different "luxury" ranges to find what suits. I've not found anything yet that gives me results good enough to be worth the cost so I've moved to the high street, but I still watch their new ranges.

Oh pooh, my comment must have been too cryptic for you. I should have highlighted your comment as follows:

And the trouble with Vitamin C is that too much of it can have a laxative effect: so be careful out there!

unquote

hope this makes sense, sorry if you thought I was being rude!

:giggle:

Silly mare!

Says so on the bottle of Vitamin C tablets I bought the last time I came down with a cold.

Klarion if you want to take vit c and not have the sh*ts from it, how about trying the fizzy capsules, that way you get instant vit c. Boots do a buy 2 get one free. I've just stocked up on them.

Klarion if you want to take vit c and not have the sh*ts from it, how about trying the fizzy capsules, that way you get instant vit c. Boots do a buy 2 get one free. I've just stocked up on them.

You've given me a good chuckle there! :giggle: You have a way with words!

The reason that you may have a case of loose bowels is when the dose is too high for you.
Some people can take up to 3000mg with no problems and some....well...you know!

Everyone's tolerance is different, so if you do experience that just lower the dose. :nod:

Lily - you have the soul of a poet (and the vocabulary of a navvy! :devil: ).

My bowels are perfectly OK ta: was just sharing info in case anyone on here thought they could eat tubs of Vitamin C to up their collagen production as if there wouldn't be any side effects :wink: )

sort of related to this topic, well in the things that people do to try to halt the march of time, there is an article on the Observer website (sorry do not know how to post links) entitled "is 36 the ideal age for a woman" (or words to that effect) and it discusses the recent surgery that Lindsey Lohan is alledged to have had. She is only 24 and appears to have a load of procudures to freeze her in some sort of Hollywood image of what they percieve to be female beauty. It was a really troubling read and also a disturbing view as the pictures of L L and another young woman whose name escapes me were grotesque in my opinion

I read that SS and found it really interesting (and disturbing - all at the same time! :eek:).

The collagen thing is misleading partly because we allow ourselves to be misled.

Our brains hear "collagen" in a cream and mentally link it to collagen in our skin.

We know it just sits on the top, but because we want something "more" for all the money we spent we hope for more.

The product marketers just exploit that hope.

i have not got sensitive skin and cannot use any of the over hyped overpriced overscented elemis range. my skin and pocket are all the better.

Strangely this article appeared in the Daily Mail as well. They only mention L'Oreal now. So Elemis must have told them, er we don't actually use collagen in the PCMC:giggle: The ingredients are to help boost your own collegan as has been said earlier in this thread.

I used a Eve Lom mask and next day my friend said to me, you have a rash down both sides of your face!!!:bandit: So back to the Elemis for me and its almost gone five days later. The mask must not agreed with my roseaca.:confused:

Lily - you have the soul of a poet (and the vocabulary of a navvy! :devil: ).

My bowels are perfectly OK ta: was just sharing info in case anyone on here thought they could eat tubs of Vitamin C to up their collagen production as if there wouldn't be any side effects :wink: )

What?? What?? What did I say??!! :confused: Actually you're not far wrong, I swear like a trouper! Wish I didn't, it's just so not classy darrhhling!! The thing with those vit c fizzy tabs is that if you have too much you just pee it out instead of ... must be careful here, losing it from the back passage!! Is that better?! :giggle:

Latest posts

Back