Keeley Aydin Tri-Enzyme Information On Facebook

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DarJos

Registered Shopper
Keeley has posted a lenghty post about Elemis's Tri-Enzymes on facebook.. Is the info correct or a load of Keeley cobblers??

Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC
Thought id post below some Interesting info on the Tri Enzyme Range

Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC As part of the Elemis Anti-Ageing Resurfacing Programme, this daily face wash stimulates the skin’s natural cell renewal cycle, actively smoothing and refining whilst sloughing away dead skin cells which dull the complexion.

Revolutionary patent pending Tri-Enzyme technology acts as the catalyst in this innovative formulation for safe and effective resurfacing within upper layers of the skin.
Galactoarabinan, a Polysaccharide from the Larch Tree enhances the non abrasive exfoliation process, whilst Brazilian Babassu Oil, rich in Fatty Acids replenishes moisture levels in the epidermis. The powerful Anti-Oxidant properties of Moringa help to protect the skin against environmental damage, whilst White Truffle, Poria Cocos, helps to soothe and support the natural microflora of the skin.

Skin appears smooth and radiant as a newly cleansed complexion is revealed, preparing skin for maximum efficacy of your Resurfacing Programme.

• Prepares the skin for maximum efficacy of the Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing
Programme
• Reveals a deeply cleansed, radiant and smoothed complexion
• Supports the skin’s micro flora without altering the skin pH
• Non-abrasive peeling action
• Replenish moisture levels

Directions

For all skin types. Use morning and evening, avoiding the eye area. Follow with Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Serum

Special Care and Awareness

When following your Resurfacing Programme it is advised to always use Elemis Liquid Layer Sunblock SPF30 during daylight hours. Do not sunbathe or use sunbeds whilst using this product.

Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC As part of the Elemis Anti-Ageing Resurfacing Programme, this clinically proven* serum smoothes the skin’s surface to reclaim a stunning complexion. As skins natural cell renewal is stimulated, imperfections appear diminished.

Revolutionary patented Tri-Enzyme technology is the catalyst in this innovative formulation for safe resurfacing within the upper layers of the skin. Designed with a unique synergy of 4 flower AHAs, Hibiscus, White Lily, Frangipani and Freesia, which optimizes the non-abrasive peeling action. Amazonian Acerola Cherry and White Truffle, Poria Cocos, rich in Polysaccharides, are blended with a network of Amino Acids helping to soothe, tone and support the natural micro flora of the skin, without up upsetting the skins pH balance.

Skin tone is more even and luminous. Fine lines appear smoother as more youthful complexion is revealed.

*Independent Clinical Trials 200

• Fine lines, scarring and uneven skin texture are visibly reduced
• Clinically proven to improve skin smoothness by up to 91%* in 28 days
• Stimulates the skin’s natural cell renewal process
• Skin tone is more even and luminous
• Supports skin’s natural micro flora without upsetting pH balance

Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC As part of the Elemis Anti-Ageing Resurfacing Programme, this nightly treatment stimulates the skin's natural cell renewal cycle, actively smoothing, and enhancing the skin whilst cellular respiration is at its optimum.

Revolutionary patent Tri-Enzyme technology acts as the catalyst in this formulation for safe and effective resurfacing of the upper layers of the skin.
A synergistic lipid complex is combined with powerful actives including Anti-oxidant rich Rice Hull and Samphire to protect against daily environmental damage and pollution, restoring skin clarity. Results are optimized by White Truffle, Poria Cocos rich in Polysaccharides, blended with a network of Amino Acids to help soothe and support the natural microflora of the skin.

Existing lines and wrinkles appear reduced, as younger looking skin is uncovered. Skin feels softer immediately as a super hydrated complexion is revealed.

• Night treatment that stimulates the skin's natural cell renewal cycle
• Precision layering of the Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Serum with the Resurfacing Night Cream provides a double action homecare treatment
• Smoothes and enhances the skin, whilst cellular respiration is at its optimum during sleep
• Lines and wrinkles appear reduced as younger looking skin is uncovered

Directions

Apply nightly to cleansed face, or over Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Serum, avoiding contact with the eye area.

Special Care and Awareness

When following your Resurfacing Programme it is advised to always use Elemis Liquid Layer Sunblock SPF30 during daylight hours. Do not sunbathe or use sunbeds whilst using this product.

Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC As we age, cellular renewal slowly declines resulting in dull, lifeless skin and premature ageing.
This revolutionary gel-based mask combines Patented Tri-Enzyme Technology* with Amazonian Acerola Cherry, White Truffle Poria Cocos, Great Burdock, Erysiumum and Amino Acids to encourage effective retexturising of the skin’s surface and balance sebum levels, without compromising skin’s natural pH levels.
The skin appears instantly smoother, shine free and more radiant.

Directions

Apply to cleansed skin, avoiding eye and lip area. Leave for 8-10 minutes and remove with warm water. On application you will experience a powerful tingling sensation as the enzymes are activated on your skin.

For best results use twice weekly.

Highly active gel based mask targets fine lines, superficial facial scarring and uneven skin texture.

Combines Patented Tri-Enzyme Technology* with an Anti-Ageing Tetra Peptide, Amazonian Acerola Cherry, White Truffle Poria Cocos, Great Burdock, Erysiumum and amino acids.

Encourages effective retexturising of the skin’s surface, help balance sebum levels without compromising skin’s natural pH balance and promote firmer looking skin.

Powerful tingling sensation as the enzymes are activated on your skin.

The skin appears instantly smoother, shine free and more youthful.

Treatment Link

Use the Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask in between regular Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial treatments. Resurfaces and smoothes the skin, leaving it younger and more radiant looking.

Recommended: 1 treatment every 3 weeks. Course of 6.

Key Ingredients

Enzymes Cell Turnover Catalyst

Elemis Patentented Tri-Enzyme technology is a synergistic action of three micro-encapsulated enzymes. Subtilisine and Papain breakdown proteins and dissolve dead skin cells, while Protease effectively speeds up cell turnover and regenerates new cells.

Acerola Cherry Resurfacing & Radiance

Organic Acids safely and effectively exfoliate the skins surface adding to the resurfacing efficacy of the mask.

Rich in Vitamin A & C for excellent toning and restructuring properties, resulting in radiant skin complexion.

Also known as the Amazonian Cherry the berry grows on small trees located in central America, Texas, Florida and the West Indies.

White Truffle, Poria Cocos Balances pH levels

Helps to support the skin’s natural micro-flora, creating the perfect environment for enzymes to be effective.

Rich in a Polysaccharide complex helps maintain natural pH levels to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria.

The fungus which grows on the roots of old pine trees has been widely used in Chinese herbalism for many centuries due to it’s powerful healing properties.

Great Burdock & Erysimum Mattifying

Helps to balance the secretion of sebum and restore a matt, uniform and shine free complexion.

High source of AHA’s and citric acid help reduce sebum flow by gently resurfacing and reducing the accumulation of keratin.

Contains high levels of sulphur compounds which are renowned for their purifying and seboregulating properties.

Antiseptic properties from zinc salts derived from amino acids.

Anti-Ageing Tetrapeptide Firming

Bio-tech origin formed of 4 amino acids, which mimics the structure of collagen fibres to help strengthen and thicken the skin.

Promotes restructuring of the dermis for a firmer appearance.

Reinforces the Extra Cellular Matrix (ECM) to help skin appear younger looking.

Its an AHA(alpha hydroxy acid) product so yes they do have proven benefits, most are based around glycolic acid which is derived from natural sugars. For them to work effectively they have to be at a low PH.
All of this is mentioned in the extremely flowery blurb for elemis.

What is doubtful is whether exotic cherries from amazonian forests provide any better form of glycolic acid than common or garden cane sugars.
I honestly dont think your skin knows the difference, but all that exotic stuff sounds good huh..

Will they work?
probably, if the ph is correct and the concentration of aha's is correct then yes they probably will.

Will they work any better than any other AHA based product?
probably not, Elemis relies on using exotic sounding flowers/plants to make it sound rare and exclusive and therefore justify the inflated price.

AHA's have been around for donkeys years and have proven benefits.The Alpha H range works ont he same principle but for a lot less cost.

At least they do mention to use sunscreen afterwards. Really important. Or you can end up with pigmentation problems if you don't protect your skin when using aha's

Its an AHA(alpha hydroxy acid) product so yes they do have proven benefits, most are based around glycolic acid which is derived from natural sugars. For them to work effectively they have to be at a low PH.

What is doubtful is whether exotic cherries from amazonian forests provide any better form of glycolic acid than common or garden cane sugars.
I honestly dont think your skin knows the difference, but all that exotic stuff sounds good huh..

Will they work?
probably, if the ph is correct and the concentration of aha's is correct then yes they probably will.

probably not, Elemis relies on using exotic sounding flowers/plants to make it sound rare and exclusive and therefore justify the inflated price.

AHA's have been around for donkeys years and have proven benefits.The Alpha H range works ont he same principle but for a lot less cost.

At least they do mention to use sunscreen afterwards. Really important. Or you can end up with pigmentation problems if you don't protect your skin when using aha's

excellent post! i have used tri enzyme and alpha-h the big difference is the elemis has so much irritants in it my skin was not smooth but rather spotty,sore an pussy!
alpha-h has no fancy perfumes or essential oils or high cost and suits me fine..

This range isn't for everyone. The wash really dried my skin out. I used for about a month but the dryness continued and I didn't see any improvement in the texture and tone of my skin and it didn't help with scarring. I reacted to the mask, used it at night and woke up with sore and puffy eyes (stupidly I didn't do a patch test first). I didn't try the serum as my experience with the mask put me off.

I don't think this range is suitable for sensitive or problem skin. I have been using alpha h and am getting great results from it and as already pointed out, for a fraction of the price. Some find this range harsh and unsuitable so it does depend on individuals, what works for some will not work for all.

I reacted to pro radiance and it took a while to realise. I gave my sis the new melting gel cleanser as peeps on here said it was too drying and I didn't want to risk it. I have very sens. skin. My sis loves the gel clean. (after I warned her like a good sis does and said do a patch test) and has had no adverse reactions to it but she takes after our mum, who had skin strong as a rhino and didn't react to anything, ever. I react to certain foods and lots of external and have to be very careful. Having said this, PCMC is perfect for me and I love it.

The Tri-Enzyme range just uses different forms of AHA's, they even include Papain which is in the Papaya Enzyme peel.
For effectiveness it boils down to the percentage used and getting a result without irritation. The thing with this range is that you don't know what percentage is used whereas Alpha-H are very clear.

Now I use Elemis but would not go near the Tri En stuff. I have roseaca so no way as the Papaya Mask makes me itch would I even think about the TE range. Same with Alpha H wouldn't go near it.

An sa at a Elemis counter once tried to tell me that the TE would be fine with my roseaca etc but since they didn't do samples I wasn't even going to chance it.

3 Alternative reviews of the Tri Enzyme range I found

Claims:
Revolutionary Tri-Enzyme technology is the catalyst in this safe and effective resurfacing formulation. Galactoarabinan, a Polysaccharide, enhances the non-abrasive exfoliation process, whilst Brazilian Babassu Oil replenishes moisture. Moringa protects the skin against environmental damage, whilst White Truffle, Poria Cocos, soothes and supports the skin’s natural micro flora.

Review:
Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash is a standard, vastly overpriced but effective cleansing gel best for normal to oily or slightly dry skin. The amount of babassu oil isn’t enough to have any benefit for dry skin, but it won’t cause problems for someone with oily skin either. As for the enzymes being able to resurface (exfoliate) skin—I wouldn’t count on that benefit given their unstable nature and the fact that this product has only brief contact with your skin because you rinse it off before the enzymes can do anything.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Lactate, Coco Glucoside, Xanthan Gum, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Galactoarabinan, Papain, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Protease, Subtilisin, Poria Cocos Root Extract, Tromethamine, Glyceryl Oleate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Glyceryl Stearate, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Propylene Glycol, Behenyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Stearyl Alcohol

Claims:
This clinically proven serum empowered by Tri-Enzyme technology stimulates the skin’s natural cell renewal cycle. AHA’s are combined with essential Vitamins A and C, to naturally peel, smooth, tone and moisturize the skin. White Truffle and Amino Acids provide the skin with Antioxidant protection.

Review:
Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Serum has a ridiculous price for what amounts to a basic, gel-type moisturizer for normal to oily skin. The amount of film-forming agent can help temporarily smooth the appearance of superficial lines; however, the papain is an unstable exfoliant and the fragrant flower extracts may cause irritation while imparting no benefit to skin. Any well-formulated AHA or BHA product will outperform this product by leaps and bounds.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-20, C14-22 Alcohols, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Hexyldecanol, Hexyldecyl Laurate, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Soybean Glycerides, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Unsaponifiables, Yeast Extract, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Kaolin, Papain, Freesia Alba Flower Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Flower Extract, Poria Cocos Root Extract, Betaine, C12-20 Alkyl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Tromethamine, Behenyl Alcohol, Sodium Pca, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Fragrance, Malic Acid, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Serine, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Glycine, Tartaric Acid, Glutamic Acid, Protease, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Alanine, Arginine, Lysine, Subtilisin, Threonine, Proline

Claims:
This nightly treatment empowered by Tri-Enzyme technology simulates the skin natural cell renewal. It smoothes the skin whilst cellular respiration is at its optimum. A synergistic lipid complex, combined with Anti-Oxidants help to protect against daily environmental damage and pollution.

Review:
Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Night Cream has a formula that is very similar to the Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream, except this version relies on enzymes to stimulate natural cell renewal (read: to exfoliate). Well, don’t count on it; if any exfoliation from the enzyme papain could have been possible, the jar packaging will allow this unstable ingredient to degrade shortly after opening, and the same is true for the antioxidants it contains. This is an OK option for normal to dry skin if you have money to burn and don’t mind settling for less than your skin deserves.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethyl Macadamiate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Papain, Poria Cocos Root Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Stearic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Behenyl Alcohol, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Glyceryl Acrylate (Acrylic Acid Copolymer), Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Protease, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Hexyl Cinnamal, Subtilisin, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Tocopherol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Malic Acid

Review:
Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Facial Wash is a standard, vastly overpriced but effective cleansing gel best for normal to oily or slightly dry skin. The amount of babassu oil isn’t enough to have any benefit for dry skin, but it won’t cause problems for someone with oily skin either. As for the enzymes being able to resurface (exfoliate) skin—I wouldn’t count on that benefit given their unstable nature and the fact that this product has only brief contact with your skin because you rinse it off before the enzymes can do anything.

This is one of my bug bears regarding cleansing washes, not just Elemis but other brands too that use fancy ingredients in their cleansing washes.
In yesterday's Perricone show AY said that the Perricone cleanser was an affordable starting point in the range, it contained advanced ingreedjunts along with all the celebrity nonsense, antioxidants, vitamins etc it is also not in contact with the skin long enough to have any benefits. A cleanser should be able to cleanse skin effectively and be PH balanced so as not to dry the skin. All the extras and flowery nonsense is justifying a high price tag rather than having any skin benefits.

:flower:

Thats why I prefer Elemis Sensitive Facial Wash the best, cleanses it does smell really nice I admit. I am a bit weird, if I dislike the smell of something no matter how good it is suppose to be I will not use it. Anything smelling of orange actually turns my stomach.

I use the wash and I think it does help the skin texture, unlike others on here I tried alpha h and it did absolutely nothing for my skin so went back to tri enzyme so for me even though alpha h is cheaper it's a waste of money because it does nothing.

It does depend on your skin which products suit and which don't and what might be a little miracle for one person will just be a waste of time and money for someone else
at least with QVC there is always the MBG to fall back on

I have used the tri-enzyme range and I really think it works. The wash has been brilliant for my arms. I have those horrible bumps that people get on their arms and granular exfoliation will not shift them and will actually irritate my skin and cause rashes. Tr-enzyme wash is all i use on them now and the bumps are almost gone.

I also use it on my face and this coupled with the mask and night cream are working wonders on those bumps and pimples we get under the skin. My blackheads are also less visible now. If I stop using it the blackheads become more prominant. I used the mask the other week as had been negleting my skin due to personal family reasons and it made a huge improvement. I do actually also leave the wash on my skin for a minute as of course if you wash something off before its had any real contact it won't work.

I hope people give it a try and aren't put off by negative comments. We all have different skin, mine is sensitive, dry and prone to spots and have blackheads. Elemis and particularly tr-enzyme have much improved my skin. Wouldn't be without it now. Don't be cynical and give it a go if you haven't tried it.

Will they work?

So would spreading jam on my face work ok then? :smirk:

Latest posts

Back