Cooks Essentials TSV 17/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cook's Essentials Air Fryer with Frying Basket & Grill Rack
Item Number: 805223
QVC Price £73.00
Todays Special Value Price £59.94
P&P £7.95

Easy to use thanks to a simple dial operation, this Cook's Essentials Air Fryer combines hot air with high-speed circulation, and uses very little oil, to produce quick, easy and tasty meals, while absorbing less fat than traditional deep-fat frying. Create a fantastic array of delicious dishes for the whole family with this easy-to-use Air Fryer from Cook's Essentials.

Adjustable temperature - to ensure your food is perfectly cooked all the way through without burning on the outside, you can set the temperature anywhere between 80C and 200C.

Endless mealtime options - you can cook much more than just chips in the Air Fryer. Your food is heated from all sides at once and there is no need to add oil to many ingredients. It comes with a grill rack that's perfect for making deliciously grilled sandwiches and meats, a fry basket for snacks like chips, risotto balls and fishcakes, and a non-stick pot for preparing poultry, fish and even cakes!

Enjoy all your favourites - rather than submerging your food in oil, the Air Fryer surrounds it in hot air, ensuring you get a delicious crispy surface, without the added fat. Make all your home-cooked treats with the peace of mind that you're still getting delicious taste and maintaining a healthy diet at the same time.

Compact and stylish - the Air Fryer is compact enough to sit comfortably on a work surface in your kitchen while still offering a large internal capacity, with sleek stainless steel details adding to the look. Plus, the extensive colour range means you can choose one to suit your exact tastes and kitchen décor.

0-30 minute timer with alarm
Heats up in just 3 minutes
LED indicator lights
Pot, basket and grill attachments are dishwasher safe
Overheat protection
Non-slip feet
Concealed carry handle
1m retractable power cord

Technical specifications:

Capacity: 4.5L
Voltage: 220V - 240V
Wattage: 1200W - 1400W
Weight: 4.6kg
Dimensions (h x w x d): 33.5cm x 28.5cm x 30.6cm (13.2" x 11.2" x 12")

Colour options:

Black
Cream
Red
Duck Egg Blue
Eggplant
What’s in the box?
1 x Air Cooker
1 x 3L basket
1 x 1.42L non-stick pot
1 x grill rack
1 x use and care manual with recipes

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805223

I have the original Tefal AirFryer, seen on IW but bought cheaper elsewhere.

It is the one with a rotating arm to move the food around and distribute the oil.

I don't know how the CE can work without this arm, as oil would just stay where you put it. Chips in mine only need about a teaspoonfull.

I have the original Tefal AirFryer, seen on IW but bought cheaper elsewhere.

It is the one with a rotating arm to move the food around and distribute the oil.

I don't know how the CE can work without this arm, as oil would just stay where you put it. Chips in mine only need about a teaspoonfull.

I bought my Tefal Actifry years ago from IW when it was Pick Of The Day, it was the mahooosive one and the best price I could find, and I agree I'd expect the arm to do the work making sure all the food was evenly cooked. I always have a problem with the Actifry, I've never had one that's lasted me more than two years and I've had four over the years bought from all over the place, so a few weeks back I bought the Robot one by Cookshop from IW and as well as looking great, it's brilliant. Way better than the Actifry because you can cook more liquid type things in it, so it's a more of an all rounder, being half the price of the Tefal Actifry at £69.99 was an added bonus.

You don't use any oil in it, it's just hot air. I got one on another tsv and love it, use it all the time.

You only use a table spoon of oil with the Actifry, to coat the chips/roasties but you don't need it with frozen chips/roasties, the Tefal Actifry cooks by using hot air too.

Last edited:
I have had my Philips Airfryer for about 4 years, it's brilliant, just a devil to clean if not done at each cooking, as some people tend to ~forget~ and next time it is used sends the smoke alarms into a frenzy !. I clean it by dropping a dish washer tablet into boiling water and leaving overnight. But am tempted to get the duck egg tsv as it would match my new kitchen. I tried the rotating arm one and sent it back. It mashed any frozen fish put it. Air fryers without arms just need the food shaken.

I have the Philips xl airfryer. It has a higher watt motor not other than that it us the same. Worth its weight in gold. You can cook all kinds of things in it. Jacket potatoes about 30 minutes, ribs 25 minutes, frozen chips 8 to 10 minutes and half baked bread buns 4 minutes.... including the warm up time! The grill rack is great be a cause you can work in levels. Potatoes/veg on the bottom and your meat on top.
The cleaning is a doddle I prefer to hand wash but it can go in the dishwasher. Takes about 5 minutes... most if that is soaking time

Last edited:
I have had my Tefal Airfryer for about 4 years, it's brilliant, just a devil to clean if not done at each cooking, as some people tend to ~forget~ and next time it is used sends the smoke alarms into a frenzy !. I clean it by dropping a dish washer tablet into boiling water and leaving overnight. But am tempted to get the duck egg tsv as it would match my new kitchen. I tried the rotating arm one and sent it back. It mashed any frozen fish put it. Air fryers without arms just need the food shaken.

Yes that's right, the arm did tend to squash a lot, that's why I love my Cookshop one, it doesn't squash for some reason. I tend to use the arm mostly to stir things like, spag bols, sauces and curries. I'd never go back to Tefal Actifry again but I'd never stop using hot air frying.

Latest posts

Back