Customer Service :-(

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AngelGab

Registered Shopper
I know it's been said before, but I find QVC CS really annoying with the way they follow their ludicrous script when you 'phone them..it's so unnatural and stilted and gets me annoyed before I've even started with my query...

I phoned them today as I received the wrong item....I know mistakes happen, we're all human...but it's they way handled my query:

ring ring
qvc : good afternoon, QVC customer services
me: hi, I've got a query with a recent order, would you like my membership number?
qvc: pause, clears throat, my name is *** how can I help you today (ie no acknowledgement of my offer of membership number)
me: would you like my membership number
qvc: PIN number please

then I went on to expalin my query about receiving the wrong item....

that initial introduction is ridiculous...yeah I know there are worse things to stress about, but I find it soo infuriating...please tell me I'm not alone...:headbang:

.... And at the end of the conversation I bet you got "is there anything else I can help you with today?" Answer - "no thanks". "Thank you for calling QVC".

Yes, it's really annoying that so many people, in so many jobs, are obligated to do company speak rather than just deal with you in their own (hopefully competent) way. I just hate it now in the supermarket, for a long time it was 'do you want any help with your packing?' but now they also have to say 'thanks for waiting' or 'sorry for the delay', it's so automated they even say it when there isn't any queue. And in Lakeland they say 'did you find everything you wanted today?'. It's all hateful!

I'm so relieved it's not only me...yes Bensmum, I got that closing script line :-(
and Apple, I've experienced "thanks for waiting" (what choice did i have, i needed the goods so i had to wait!)...
the human touch has gone...it's pathetic...rant over

The ones that drive me mad are cold callers who proceed to launch into a torrent of verbal diarrhoea, without pausing for breath or listening to my "No, thanks." I'm amazed that anyone can read off a card that quickly. :talking:

I'm also ex-directory so some company I've dealt with has probably passed my name on as the callers usually call me by name.

I think I've found the perfect solution now though. :happy: During the last call (about Life Insurance that I don't want) when they didn't listen to my refusal to 'bite,' I put the receiver down on the shelf and went and made a cup of coffee while they chuntered on - after all, it's their phone bill, not mine. :wink:

Yes, it's really annoying that so many people, in so many jobs, are obligated to do company speak rather than just deal with you in their own (hopefully competent) way. I just hate it now in the supermarket, for a long time it was 'do you want any help with your packing?' but now they also have to say 'thanks for waiting' or 'sorry for the delay', it's so automated they even say it when there isn't any queue. And in Lakeland they say 'did you find everything you wanted today?'. It's all hateful!
Corporate speak is the norm now and tries to ensure that employees give the right impression from the start of the transaction or conversation and it doesn't irritate me at all. Personally I think that it's preferable to having a monosyllabic moron on the end of a phone or some surly git slinging your stuff in a bag with silent disdain.
mysmilie_55.gif

The only time I find it annoying is when I ring to ask for example what is in kit 299 999 and they ask you for your name and membership number. I just want to know what is in it, I am not querying my order, placing an order or anything related to my membership.
Maybe they are logging how many queries are by non members as well as members?

As for supermarkets asking me 'do I want help with my packing' when I only have 2 small items in my hand makes me want to quietly scream! I guess they have to ask regardless in the same way some shops ask if you need any postage stamps or a phone top up today after scanning all your items. Still annoying though.

Latest posts

Back