Debbie Flint on Elemis Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes but the 87 people might not actually have paid for her book. Amazon have what they call The Vine and at 8pm every Thursday selected Amazon customers log on and they can claim up to 3 items to try for free on condition they review them. My friend is one of those selected customers and she showed me how it works. A lot of the items up for review are books and ebooks and she openly admitted she regularly gives the books to other people and simply makes up a good review.

I suspect a similar thing happens when people test/review items for the Beauty Bible, it's a way of getting a pile of beauty products cheaply.

Personally I think you have to be very careful in believing reviews, especially with books, art etc. and its often best to make your own judgement.

As a rule I don't buy anything on QVC less than 4 stars, but even some of those items receive "bad" reviews. For example I like Kim & Co tunic tops. I know the range well and am rarely disappointed with anything, but often someone will give a bad review because a tunic is too straight and too tight for a pear shaped person. I will always buy these as I am not pear shaped and am always very happy with them. So the item receives a "bad" review, when in fact there is nothing wrong with the item, just not suitable for a certain shape of person.

Also there are a lot of people who will only write a negative review for a reason unrelated to the item/book/picture, and equally some will write a very positive review unrelated to item/book/picture, but more about the person who has created it.

Does this make sense to anyone? Its 4.30am and I am beginning to wonder if I am making any sense.....

Well Debbie's book is a novel then? I hope it is, I was shocked for a second, that she had wrote a book about herself like Julia. I was about to say I was disappointed in Debbie for doing the same as Julia, because there is no single presenter on qvc who should be bringing out a book on themselves and their own life. I would say that, no matter which presenter was doing it.
they are just shopping tv presenters after all.

By the sounds of it it's some Mills and Boon-esque bodice ripper genre fiction. Shite, in other words. (No offence anyone who's into that sort of thing, I'm a bit of a literary snob.)

It's not my kind of thing either, too slushy for me, but I am glad it wasn't a book on herself and her own life, like Julia's book was.

Latest posts

Back