Dennis Basso uncomfortable to watch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Perusing through the channels today and up pops this Basso man! Watched 5 mins with Jackie K and found it awkward to watch. Don't mind JK but together not to my liking!

Don't even like his coats, most are way over priced and he seems to lack personality too :mysmilie_10:

I can't stand the gruff voice, I don't like anything about him, tbh he turns my stomach....

He's what we used to call a 'creep' in other words a slimy touchy-feely bloke who gives me the creeps. Can't stand him or his over priced clothes.

If I channel hop and land on him, I hop straight back off again, mix it with "I love me who do you love?" Princess Jackie, and I'll hop off even faster (if that's at all possible). ******* Basso is evil personified, I do feel sorry for him that this is the life he's chose, making his living off pain and suffering, it's sad really, but I also blame QVC for allowing him on air to make money (as well as lining their own pockets) When I've seen him in the past, referring to his coats as if they're real fur, the real McCoy literally knocks me sick, his voice suits the personality though, and scares the bejeezus out of me, I bet his dog sleeps with one eye open.

One thing I caught when I landed this afternoon though, I learnt that Princess Jackie knows what real fur feels like, and likes it.

Basso is a rather camp version of the disgraced meglomaniac, Robert Maxwell - the guy who stole millions from the Daily Mirror workers pension fund.

Basso made his multi-millions by slaughtering millions of beautiful and helpless animals and profiting from the misery and cruelty. I live in hope that his heart will do the decent thing and give up the near-impossible task of pumping his blood round his ever expanding and ever revolting frame.

Last edited:
I couldn't believe the way she was flirting with the odious creep. Why flatter his ego even more?

I don't watch his shows on principle of his use of real fur. If his items appear on shows not solely dedicated to his coats I tend to fast forward. NB I tend to record QVC shows I am interested in so can fast forward through anything irrelevant.

He exudes a repulsive air .....I would t care if he looked like David Beckham or Aiden Tuner ... ...he's disgusting ...and I caught a glimpse of Chloe waxing lyrical as ever about his goods ....unless he can prove otherwise that he is not a fur trader I can't look at him anymore ...I agree totally ...very uncomftable watching him ...how much longer can QVC entertain this bloke ? :mysmilie_10: (having a big of a rant today lol )

He always evokes strong feelings. Some people loathe him ( I do ) and yet other people love his coats and praise them to the hilt. On principle I wouldn`t buy anything from this man and will always believe real fur coats will only ever look good on the animal born to wear it !

I'm with the loathers. Repulsive person.

He always evokes strong feelings. Some people loathe him ( I do ) and yet other people love his coats and praise them to the hilt. On principle I wouldn`t buy anything from this man and will always believe real fur coats will only ever look good on the animal born to wear it !

I'm with you on that, he murders animals for profit.... QVC should be ashamed that they have him on. Does he sell real fur on QVC US? I'll have to check it out.

I don't watch QVC these days but, changing channels, I saw Alison Keenan ntroducing the next show, with Basso. Incredulously, she did a roll call of all QVC presenters, who love to wear his immorally obtained, pain inducing tat. She is proud of inflating the financial coffers of this murdering narcissist?
At least the show had not started.
I recall members of this forum, have emailed QVC, re having such a divisive guy, on the channel. Having his range available at QVCUK. I understand QVCUS selling it; the audience will not even consider that he has a faux fur range, to bankroll his genuine fur line. Americans are, in this case, so much more shallow.
Obviously, QVCUK will not cease selling Basso, if they have ignored all our concerns thus far. The only action which will have anyone effect, is to NOT buy from this horrible man. JI do not believe, unfortunately, this will happen, as too many women are more concerned with their own appearance,p than the murder of innocent animals who, like us, deserve a life.

Why is QVC doing business with someone who uses fur? That's just money-grabbing nasty. Shame on QVC!

I don't watch QVC these days but, changing channels, I saw Alison Keenan ntroducing the next show, with Basso. Incredulously, she did a roll call of all QVC presenters, who love to wear his immorally obtained, pain inducing tat. She is proud of inflating the financial coffers of this murdering narcissist?
At least the show had not started.
I recall members of this forum, have emailed QVC, re having such a divisive guy, on the channel. Having his range available at QVCUK. I understand QVCUS selling it; the audience will not even consider that he has a faux fur range, to bankroll his genuine fur line. Americans are, in this case, so much more shallow.
Obviously, QVCUK will not cease selling Basso, if they have ignored all our concerns thus far. The only action which will have anyone effect, is to NOT buy from this horrible man. JI do not believe, unfortunately, this will happen, as too many women are more concerned with their own appearance,p than the murder of innocent animals who, like us, deserve a life.
I did check on QVCUS and was unable to find anything made with real fur,

He exudes a repulsive air .....I would t care if he looked like David Beckham or Aiden Tuner ... ...he's disgusting ...and I caught a glimpse of Chloe waxing lyrical as ever about his goods ....unless he can prove otherwise that he is not a fur trader I can't look at him anymore ...I agree totally ...very uncomftable watching him ...how much longer can QVC entertain this bloke ? :mysmilie_10: (having a big of a rant today lol )

Didn't watch him with CE, had to turn over! Glad you agree, the glimpses I did catch recently protrude of a not very nice man! Most of his coats are awful and way over priced too!!!! :mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back