Dial it down Gail Samways

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's over enthusiastic and this puts a lot of people off. If she would 'cool it' a bit, her voice would return to its lower register. She's got a good sense of humour, though. It was funny when she overloaded the blender when she was making the espresso martinis and the mixture flooded over the top of the machine. She laughed along with everyone else.

Gail is unwatchable for me. Not only is she shouty, I don’t like the way she interacts with either the presenter or the food.
Far too often the food looks undercooked or burnt. The presentation of the dishes is sub-par as well. That’s on Q as they would, in the past, have had off-air home economist assistants prepping for the shows. Maybe as part of their cost savings Gail is rushing to prep before the shows as well as doing on air food prep… or they’re giving the prep job to someone clueless (like seems to be the case with the website)?
I wish her well, but I wish Q had not dispensed with the services of Simon Brown and Jilly Jones.

Agree with MML and EM. Gail's cooking skills and presentation are useless. She would not entice me to buy anything as it never turns out looking edible.

CC

Agree with MML and EM. Gail's cooking skills and presentation are useless. She would not entice me to buy anything as it never turns out looking edible.

CC
I seem to remember posting about something she'd produced from one of these gadgets she was presenting and it consisted of a whole loaf of bread hollowed out and stuffed with all manner of breakfast items, it looked absolutely disgusting!

I find the appearance of the cooked food unappealing. Either burnt, ‘pink’ or smothered in a sauce.
You would think Q would stop. I suspect Jilly J or Simon B would have stopped such sub-par offerings going into the studio... and would not be as rushed as Gail clearly is.
I wonder if, for all her aggressive-seeming style, Gail is actually more of a pushover than they were?
The powers that be at Q do seem to be removing outspoken guests and models, and gobby isn't the same as outspoken....and after her horror accident, she may need the work enough to go along with the lower standards Q seem to prefer these days.
When Gail used to do Green Pan, she wasn't great, but was far better than she is now.
Just my musings about why Gail's presentations are as they are.

I seem to remember posting about something she'd produced from one of these gadgets she was presenting and it consisted of a whole loaf of bread hollowed out and stuffed with all manner of breakfast items, it looked absolutely disgusting!
Saw that,it was dreadful 🤢

You would think Q would stop. I suspect Jilly J or Simon B would have stopped such sub-par offerings going into the studio... and would not be as rushed as Gail clearly is.
I wonder if, for all her aggressive-seeming style, Gail is actually more of a pushover than they were?
The powers that be at Q do seem to be removing outspoken guests and models, and gobby isn't the same as outspoken....and after her horror accident, she may need the work enough to go along with the lower standards Q seem to prefer these days.
When Gail used to do Green Pan, she wasn't great, but was far better than she is now.
Just my musings about why Gail's presentations are as they are.
I always loved watching Simon brown,on the cooking shows, god i used to spend money like water watching him lol, why did they replace him i wonder,anyone know? not keen on Gail tbh, just me maybe ,i thought Simon was a better presenter when he was allowed to speak.

Latest posts

Back