Diamond Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's Diamond weekend on Gemporia throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday - so, naturally, Dave Troth is on three times today selling.................. Jadeite.

How many tonnes of this s**t did they buy? It's never ending.
I looked at this thread this morning and didn't realise the comment above was an old one! That just tells you the state of Gemporia at the moment. Regardless of what their theme is, Jade Troth will be on flogging his tat.

Did anyone have the misfortune to see him drone on about the fabulous and brilliantly done 'all individually hand carved' macaws the other day. They were horrendous, they all, without exception, looked evil and yet he wanted £199 each for them. Carved from lapis or red jasper, they were dreadful, dreadful pieces in my opinion. People were buying and messaging in thanking him, one person even saying they were buying because they once had a macaw! It was apparently a sell out as they only had 60 of each and people were buying in pairs but lo and behold after the event they clearly hadn't been as popular as they'd said (surprised - not). Wonder how many more times we'll be seeing them on air (and how many are actually returned).

I do not even want to try to imagine how this man thinks - or what he thinks of the buying public come to that - when he see cheap, nasty tat and decides to bring it to air. Do you think he actually does like the pieces that he finds, in which case he has very, very poor taste or, do you think he looks at things and thinks 'yeah cheap and nasty but the idiots will buy it once I've done my bit to camera'.

I looked at this thread this morning and didn't realise the comment above was an old one! That just tells you the state of Gemporia at the moment. Regardless of what their theme is, Jade Troth will be on flogging his tat.

Did anyone have the misfortune to see him drone on about the fabulous and brilliantly done 'all individually hand carved' macaws the other day. They were horrendous, they all, without exception, looked evil and yet he wanted £199 each for them. Carved from lapis or red jasper, they were dreadful, dreadful pieces in my opinion. People were buying and messaging in thanking him, one person even saying they were buying because they once had a macaw! It was apparently a sell out as they only had 60 of each and people were buying in pairs but lo and behold after the event they clearly hadn't been as popular as they'd said (surprised - not). Wonder how many more times we'll be seeing them on air (and how many are actually returned).

I do not even want to try to imagine how this man thinks - or what he thinks of the buying public come to that - when he see cheap, nasty tat and decides to bring it to air. Do you think he actually does like the pieces that he finds, in which case he has very, very poor taste or, do you think he looks at things and thinks 'yeah cheap and nasty but the idiots will buy it once I've done my bit to camera'.
Yeah 😅

Those macaws looked striking! Angeline said that everyone in the studio stopped and made a comment 😂…possibly the rare words of truth from Gemporia presenter 😂.

After the absolute monstrosities in ”type A premium Jade, never ever be able to bring to you or replace” he bestowed upon us….there were these he brought!😂

Incredible! The best thing that can be said about these horrors is that you can see that it is a carving of a bird, as opposed to the never ending “master carvings” requiring an hour lecture to explain that the horrendous “master carving” piece resembling a piece of chewing gum we are looking at actual animals depicted in a legend!

Oh no! And I desperately wanted a tacky old carving of a macaw (well, doesn't everyone?). I'm still recovering from the flower fairies (or whatever they were) of yesteryear, my treatment only finished last week.

Sadly I missed my chance of those amazing glass whatsits from The Days Before Jade. I think the seagull with the chunky legs was my favourite. If only I’d listened to Ellis…..

Latest posts

Back