Diane Gilman - Sizing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tiddlywinks

Registered Shopper
I must be a glutton for punishment - I've ordered another couple of pairs of jeans... despite having sent back nearly every pair I've ever bought from her range :wonder:

I'm trying the skinny pull on jeans this time.

Anyone else got any thoughts on the range and sizing?

I'm also interested to know. The TSV jeans look quite nice, and a decent price, but I don't trust QVC for sizing and haven't got time to be returning stuff.
I usually wear NYDJ, which I buy in the States. I think I'll just wait until I go again.

I ordered today's TSV when it was a TSV originally (some months ago). As always I ordered the 2 sizes that usually fit in the range, and then cancel, under the DS Regs, the order for the pair I return then I've only lost the return postage and the outward £3.95 is refunded when they process the refund. I'm a highstreet 14 most of the time for jeans and trousers but in DG jeans I wear a size 10, 12, S or M. I ordered the small and medium in this TSV but couldn't get either pair on which was a surprise. Both went back and I didn't bother going up a size as the waist would have been gappy.

I have these pull-on jeans http://www.qvcuk.com/Diane-Gilman-E...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-15-_-100088 and they look and wear really well, esp with tops that look wrong with a lumpy zip and button of normal jeans underneath. I have these in a Small Short. The boot cut on the TSV jeans was a little too flappy for me.

What size did Kathy say she was wearing; I tend to be a size below Kathy in whatever she wears

Clear as mud!

I wouldn't but these as they always look baggy on the legs, no matter what size the model is wearing them, they look puckered not smooth, I don't understand why people think they look good on ?

Although when I get a size that fits they suit me really well - I have given up as the sizes are all over the place even when the same size, same item number is bought at the same time.

I know some have been able to go down a size or two but in all honesty I find they are not at all generous so I stick to my M&S sizing or even up (I do carry my weight on my hips though and know I will always have to get the waist taken in)

Just wanted to add that Q sent me return labels for mine when this was first a TSV in January because the short length ones were actually 31" in length not 29" as stated. I hope they've sorted this out now otherwise there'll be a few miffed shorties out there!

I tried one pair of DG jeans in my normal size and couldn't get them on, so won't buy again.

Although when I get a size that fits they suit me really well - I have given up as the sizes are all over the place even when the same size, same item number is bought at the same time.

I know some have been able to go down a size or two but in all honesty I find they are not at all generous so I stick to my M&S sizing or even up (I do carry my weight on my hips though and know I will always have to get the waist taken in)[/QUO
M&S are also large on the waist for me. 'Oui' jeans fit very well. I think they may be German and they have different leg lengths like M&S.

I tried one pair of DG jeans in my normal size and couldn't get them on, so won't buy again.

Glad to know it's not just me that can't go down umpteen sizes in DG. For a while I thought perhaps I was heavier that I thought when everyone kept saying about going down and then ol' Joy is said to be in a 16 and under and I believe she would make two of me.(make that at least 3 in the chesticles)

Just wanted to add that Q sent me return labels for mine when this was first a TSV in January because the short length ones were actually 31" in length not 29" as stated. I hope they've sorted this out now otherwise there'll be a few miffed shorties out there!

You've got me worried now as I opted for the shorty version in the TSV and the pull on skinnies.

Trouble for me is that I've got skinny legs compared to body - :mysmilie_47: - and jeans always bag around the thighs... hoping the skinnies will answer my prayers.

PS - cheeky plug - I'm about to sell two pairs of brand new DG Jeans in the drop... I missed the window to post them back last year (forgot about them in the boot of my car) and avoid selling on ebay.

At least I'll be able to give you the real measurements of the actual jeans... so you'll know what you'll get.

Latest posts

Back