ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Diane Gilman Supersoft Stretch Skinny Jean with Pocket Logo Regular Length

QVC Price: £33.00

Today's Special Value Price :£26.98

P&P: £3.95

http://www.qvcuk.com/Diane-Gilman-S...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-29-_-121382

Black, Coral, Indigo, Loden Green, Taupe

Diane Gilman super-soft stretch skinny jeans with pocket logo in regular length. These skinny jeans in an innovative, super-soft stretch denim feature a studded back pocket design and a high waistband with a longer rise, ensuring they are both comfortable and flattering. Available in a range of fab colour options and two lengths, these Diane Gilman jeans are a must-have for both smart and casual wear, in a timeless design that never goes out of style.

Advanced denim technology - a special weave process using less elastane offers greater results and improved recovery, giving extra hold and allowing knees to spring back into place, avoiding the baggy effect. This process also gives the look and feel of premium denim, while the softness of the long staple cotton fibres and the silkiness of the viscose result in outstanding comfort.

Flatter your figure - with a longer rise and a higher design at the back, these jeans smooth your silhouette and avoid the dreaded 'muffin top'.

Right on trend - these skinny jeans are a versatile fashion favourite: dress them up with heels for an instant party look, or wear them with boots and slouchy knits on colder, more casual days.

Classic five pocket design
Button and zip fastening
Gold-look hardware
Branded rivet details on the front pockets
67% cotton, 18% viscose, 14% polyester, 1% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Garment measurements:
Waist: 8: 68.6cm (27"), 10: 71.1cm (28"), 12: 73.7cm (29"), 14: 76.2cm (30"), 16: 81.3cm (32"), 18: 85.1cm (33.5"), 20: 88.9cm (35"), 22: 97.8cm (38.5")
Hip: 8: 90.2cm (35.5"), 10: 92.7cm (36.5"), 12: 95.3cm (37.5"), 14: 97.8cm (38.5"), 16: 101.6cm (40"), 18: 105.4cm (41.5"), 20: 109.2cm (43"), 22: 119.4cm (47")
Inseam (all sizes): 76.2cm (30")

All measurements are approximate

They are terrifically hard wearing IF you can get the right size. I have had to send the last few orders back due to sizing issues and have stopped watching the shows so I won't be sucked in yet again. Such a pity.

They are terrifically hard wearing IF you can get the right size. I have had to send the last few orders back due to sizing issues and have stopped watching the shows so I won't be sucked in yet again. Such a pity.

Can I ask if you find them on the big or small size? I'm tempted by the TSV, but I've not bought any of her jeans before so not sure on size. They seem very stretchy, so not sure to go with my normal size, I wear an 18 in next jeans and I'm 5'9".

Can I ask if you find them on the big or small size? I'm tempted by the TSV, but I've not bought any of her jeans before so not sure on size. They seem very stretchy, so not sure to go with my normal size, I wear an 18 in next jeans and I'm 5'9".
I find that they come up big. I would be a size 10 in Boden or Marks and I find that I have the size 8 in DG and , ideally, I would take a 6 if I wanted them to be fitted. Interestingly, I can see that the TSV measurement for the 8 is 27 instead of what she normally has which is 29. Some of the more recent styles of 5 pocket jeggings have had that measurement and fit me better. I expect in this style that it is because there is more stretch in the superstretch ones. I am 5ft 7" and they are sometimes a bit short at 30 " but I don't mind with the skinnies as it helps with boot fitting! Anyway, I would say go down from your regular high street size especially if you don't carry a lot of weight around your tummy. If you wait till one of the shows with the women presenters they usually advise whether to do this. Maybe tweet whoever is on before the hour and ask them to cover it. I love the superstretch and only buy that now as it is much more comfy I think.

I'm pretty much a 14 and I can wear DG in size 10 (pretty much skin tight and prone to giving me a muffin top) but size 12 looks better, still fitted to look at, but like wearing a comfy pair of leggings*. Being stretchy they do a good job of holding in my caesarian "shelf" but don't feel constricting like shapewear so don't expect a complete change of figure. Never go up a size but you might be ok in a size down, hope that helps.

*you know that see-thru pair of leggings that you should throw out but they're comfy around the house

I've gone for the taupe and the coral (love bright colours) because she does the perfect leg length for me in the short option and they're not easy to find on the high street. Although I did get a fab pair of pink jeans in M&S recently. (I bought a 14S at M&S if that helps)

I take a 14 short in M&S too. I bought a previous TSV in a 14 & they are so comfy & look fine but would have looked better a bit smaller, I think. So this time I've ordered the 12 in the short & dark blue. I'm tempted to get the taupe as well but think I'll wait to see if they fit ok.

I wish they'd do a longer length.
I'm 5'7" and wear M&S 14L, but find these are far too short for me.

Catherine isn't looking her best in those Loden Green pair of TSVs, maybe she should go up a size or try flat shoes to improve her posture? VPL much!

well I am a very standard M&S 14S but I find the following with DG

1 = short is still too long!
2 = last 2 I purchased in a 14 (same jeans 2 colours) 1 was very big and 1 very small - work that one out.
3 = I have had to go UP (and well up) in the leggings

I have DG jeans in everything from a 14 to an 18 and they all fit differently - some I have had to take in at the waist as they are too big but I need it in the hips.

But in so saying I have to go up in most of Q's fashion as I find it quite skimpy and this is at odds with most forum posts so it could be me as I would carry my weight on my hips and thighs.

One thing I would mention is that the pocket lining is far far far too short - they come out all the time I have had to stitch every pocket down to get them to lie flat (a bit of a bug bear of mine).

If they fit they are great if not it is an expensive return. They are about the same quality as Per Una IMO.

Personally I take Ms G's claims about going down X number of sizes with the largest pinch of salt possible.

i like the primark skinny jeans. the fit is very good paticularly on the legs. skinny must look skinny or its wrong

i like the primark skinny jeans. the fit is very good paticularly on the legs. skinny must look skinny or its wrong

Really? That's interesting. What's the sizing like?

Can't understand this. Diane Gilman said that these jeans are double the price on QVC America but I've just been to look, to see if there were any reviews, & can't find anything of hers on the US site!

She called it a TS (Today's Special) so maybe she's on HSN rather than QVC US?

I have got a couple of pairs, 5' 2" and verging on 14-16 (ouch!) and have found that the size 12 short is fine on me, however, I've always worn 29-30" inside leg, but do think I've shrunk a little bit since hitting the tropical stage

Couldn't make my mind up so gone for size 12 short in green, because they do have a great deal of stretch, but I do agree with what DG said about the black not giving as much because of how the dye clings to the strands...this is correct, black doesn't give as much and is not quite as comfortable, but that just my opinion.

Thanks for all your replies, really helpful.
I actually ended up going for the black and green in 18reg last night as I thought when I come in from work today they maybe sold out. The length is a bit of a concern as I'm 5'9", but I quite like turning them up in the summer with flip flops so hopefully will be ok. Just hate having to pay all the p&p to get them, only to have to pay to send them back.

Just seen DF in them and they looked a bit baggy, oh we'll fingers crossed.

On this thread the adverts are pushing some of the posts into a tiny part of the screen e.g. A holiday for J2 Holidays. Is anyone else getting the same. It is very annoying!

image.jpg

I was considering going down a size but after checking the sizing these jeans seem to be different to the sizing on her other jeans. Went for the green as coloured jeans seem so difficult to find but taking the risk with the postage is a pain so you have to consider carefully. Fingers crossed!

Mine have arrived! Amazing!

Got 12s & they fit really well, I'm size 14 high street.
The taupe are lovely. The fabric has a very slight sheen, not shiny as such, more classy looking. The indigo I'm not sure about. Great fabric & stretch, lovely fit, it's just the dye on mine is a bit odd. The front legs are slightly paler, which I expected as they looked shaded on screen, but the body part on mine are darker. Look a bit Superman wearing his underpants over his tights :wonder: wondering if the colour might even out a bit after a wash. I hope so as they fit & feel great.

Latest posts

Back