Did we all manage to the resist the 4ez pays on clearance?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a card that emergency services employees (and pensioners) can apply for. It's £5 for 2 years and you get 🤬loads of discounts :)
My brother is a retired firefighter and I discovered yesterday that he hasn’t bothered to get one of these ! I told him to get it sorted pronto ! Think how much money he could have been saving 🤬

Not necessarily just the emergency services. If you work in social care as we do you can get it and my sister has one and she's a social worker. You have to apply and buy - £4.99 and the card lasts for 2 years.

CC
Apart from the obvious candidates - police, NHS and fire brigade, there are some quite varied agencies. Social care as you said, but also agencies like Border Force, Coastguard and the Red Cross. I only use a small number of offers but it's worth every penny. My friend is hoping Michael Kors will be added to the offers and if it does she will take me shopping🤣

Definitely worth looking into, we've saved a lot of money. Mr CC is a stand in manager at a sheltered housing project and I'm an assistant at the same kind of thing and we both qualify (although you only need one card per family).

CC

Well the jacket's arrived already which ain't bad for Q's snail mail. I'm not 100% convinced that I love it though. To be fair I'm just home from work so anything thrown over my work uniform isn't gonna look its best and I'm far too tired to do a fashion parade. I'm gonna bung on my jamas 'cause I don't plan to go anywhere this evening. It's pretty lightweight, it's heavier than a denim shirt (but not much) and it comes down a little longer than I'd like it. On me, I think it looks more like a shirt than it does a jacket. I do like the feel of the stretch fabric and it does look really well made. I like the fact it's got pockets on the chest, pockets on the sides and pockets inside. I worry that it won't be warm enough for anything other than summer days. It's still a bit cold out there to road test it properly. I reckon had I tried it on in a shop I probably wouldn't have bought it. I've got the weekend off, so I will make an effort and try it on with a different things and will take a quick walk around the block in it to see how suitable it is as an outer garment. I'm keeping the labels on and have kept all the packaging and will make my decision then. It does look better than my old trucker jacket, but so far it's not quite what I was hoping for. The thing is, though I don't really want to have to pay to return it, and this where they get you. Definitely lesson learned buy clothes in shops or in retailers where you don't lose anything when you make a return. Also none too happy that it doesn't have a hanging loop in the back, so it'll need to be hung up on a hanger - not ideal! I guess if I do end up keeping it I could make one.

Last edited:
Apart from the obvious candidates - police, NHS and fire brigade, there are some quite varied agencies. Social care as you said, but also agencies like Border Force, Coastguard and the Red Cross. I only use a small number of offers but it's worth every penny. My friend is hoping Michael Kors will be added to the offers and if it does she will take me shopping🤣

My mum has one as an NHS worker and I’d read that it covered social care, so I thought I’d see if I could get one for my carer as I know she’d appreciate it (and loves a bargain!)

However, after searching the website it only mentions council and residential home care workers etc, whereas my carer is employed directly by us using ‘direct payments’ (from council via my social worker/care assessments etc).

Ended up emailing them to be told that “personal carers” are not included on the scheme…
Seems a bit amiss to me, especially as it includes quite a few volunteers and agency carers…
But hey ho!

However both mum and dad each gave NHS 45+ years of service, so it’s nice for m to have a little perk!

You have to admire QVC

Making out that offering 4 easy payments is an offer !

They do it well
Couldn’t agree more…!

I got 2 emails (I think) from QVC mentioning a sale - but when you read further it was simply a 4 easy payment “offer” as you say!

The cheek of it!

Both times I read it, it wound me up and I muttered to myself about how exactly dividing the cost of something into 4 constitutes a sale…!

They have a couple of times done a 15% off sale/clearance offer and that it worth having - although it needs to be more like 50% off to get me to buy from their clearance!

My mum has one as an NHS worker and I’d read that it covered social care, so I thought I’d see if I could get one for my carer as I know she’d appreciate it (and loves a bargain!)

However, after searching the website it only mentions council and residential home care workers etc, whereas my carer is employed directly by us using ‘direct payments’ (from council via my social worker/care assessments etc).

Ended up emailing them to be told that “personal carers” are not included on the scheme…
Seems a bit amiss to me, especially as it includes quite a few volunteers and agency carers…
But hey ho!

However both mum and dad each gave NHS 45+ years of service, so it’s nice for m to have a little perk!
It doesn't make it easy for those not employed by a company.

I have since tried it on with a few different outfits and whilst it does look good, when I quickly ventured outside I knew it's definitely only gonna be good for the summer months. I was looking for something more versatile, something I can wear on crisp, warmish spring/autumn days too. I looked in my catalogue and have found a denim jacket that seems to tick all the boxes so I've ordered that with free next day collection and free returns. As crazy as it sounds I will be keeping the QVC jacket as I only have one summer jacket and it's white so frequently in the wash! I shall get shot of the trucker jacket as promised, and what swayed me to order another jacket was seeing this faux fur jacket taking up space that I think I've only worn once or twice, I don't know how that slipped under the radar, that'll be going too, to make room. Like I said, in future I'll definitely not be buying clothes from anywhere that costs money just to try it on!

…. And I’ve changed my mind again! I decided to have another try on of the jacket in the light of day and the more I looked at it the more I noticed how big it is on me and how it doesn’t look quite right. Too baggy round the back and too long , the peplum comes down to the top of my thighs and I’m thinking despite easy pays it’s nearly £40 for something I’m not entirely happy with ( especially with it being as light as a shirt ). In the meantime I got a text to tell me that the jacket I’d ordered from the catalogue was ready to collect- picked it up and it’s perfect and I’m totally chuffed with it . I have returned the QVC one making sure I requested a full refund and I sent it back via Evri in my local shop for £2.74. So not too bad - my fault really ordering the large as it was always gonna be a risk that it wouldn’t look right. The reviews suggested sizing up so I thought it’d be ok. Oh well - lesson learned ( until the next time lol!)

Couldn’t agree more…!

I got 2 emails (I think) from QVC mentioning a sale - but when you read further it was simply a 4 easy payment “offer” as you say!

The cheek of it!

Both times I read it, it wound me up and I muttered to myself about how exactly dividing the cost of something into 4 constitutes a sale…!

They have a couple of times done a 15% off sale/clearance offer and that it worth having - although it needs to be more like 50% off to get me to buy from their clearance!
Absolutely! Let's face it , what does fall under what most would consider to be a "clearance" price is generally out of season, complete rubbish, or both! Other items are still really expensive, but people (including me) look at the instalments and not the actual price. It's a win/win for them as they can offload a whole bunch of stuff they can't shift without having to drop prices any further. I'll happily admit this recent foray was rather stupid of me, especially ordering a "chancy size", but for every chump like me there's gonna be thousands more who will hang on to stuff they're disappointed with 'cause they can't be arsed to return it - I was close to that myself.

I keep an eye out (is that a phrase ?) on QVC outlet - stock changes very quickly and nite some have had a poor experience buying returned opened products - bought a Cooks Essential scissors and peeler set, air fryer accessories , Tilli cleansing brush device and some Korres Black Pepper perfume/shower wash set - love them and recommend the Korres 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back