Do we need a reminder?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caught a very few minutes of Claire Sutton and had to switch off. Her whole act is, to say the least, nauseating and that can be said of a number of other presenters. They are so deluded and have very little, if any, self awareness. For me there are some horrible presenters employed at QVC. That sounds a bit horrible but that’s how they make me feel. Desperate, greedy, shallow, attention seekers.There, I’ve said it!
She is my worst. Followed by Kramer. I actually dodge shoes that tits presents. Speaking of tits, I don't think hers are all that.

She is my worst. Followed by Kramer. I actually dodge shoes that tits presents. Speaking of tits, I don't think hers are all that.
Shoes =shows!

Yes, Mr CC noted that Claire had "that dress" on again :D He calls it her breast fest outfit.

CC
Should he be looking?

Really? I can’t go to my parents house or see my friends. I would love to have my hair done and attend my dance classes but they’re all off.
Social Distancing legislation relates to not seeing anyone outside our homes & limits on exercise, shopping & travelling for work. However, observing the 2 metre rule when outside our homes is guidance, & was described as 'rule of thumb' by a scientist this week, I suspect the powers that be at QVC would give chapter & verse about the safety precautions they are taking to follow the guidelines.

I don't know why I'm ever surprised by anything the tat peddlers (presenters) say or do. The blog page has had yet another revamp with different photos & thumbnail sketch details about each one, here's a couple of snippets to warm the heart or make you feel nauseous:
'A producer once summed Catherine up by saying, “if you cut Catherine open butterflies would fly out”. In short, she’s nice and she loves love.'
'She loves leopard print, gold and sparkle, doesn’t love cooking and lacks the navigation gene – but is brilliant at smiling, talking and sprinkling sunshine!' - Guess who?

talking about social distancing Nicky of Lola rose is on QVC selling just a few weeks after her father died of the virus...maybe its just me but is that not too soon?
It seems too soon but grief affects everyone differently, some people find work helps and others can't find ways to deal with it. I feel for anyone who has lost a friend or family member in these horrible times.

CC

talking about social distancing Nicky of Lola rose is on QVC selling just a few weeks after her father died of the virus...maybe its just me but is that not too soon?
I've written on here about the advice I was given when my parents died a few months apart - that the thread of life is very hard to pick up once dropped. I carried on going to work & only had days off for their funerals. Two days after my father died my brother in law was diagnosed with brain cancer so I dealt with everything from arranging my father's funeral to contacting everyone involved in his life & then selling his home because my sister's life had been turned inside out. I needed to be busy, it gave me something to concentrate on other than the pain of losing him & also meant my sister could focus on her family.

I caught a bit of Julia Roberts today. Julia said that Chloe (in make up) had done her hair today in a 40s type style. I’m furious. So much for social distancing. I’m in a bad mood anyway cos my neighbour has moved his girlfriend in for a week “cos he’s lonely”. What makes it worse is she’s a carer. I let him have it and said what about the NHS staff who can’t see their families?

Going to see what the CEO has to say about it.😡😡 😡

CEO has replied:

Dear Ms ....

You are correct that the safety of my team is most important to me. I appreciate you calling this out and will look into this ASAP.

Best Regards,
Rob

CEO has replied:

Dear Ms ....

You are correct that the safety of my team is most important to me. I appreciate you calling this out and will look into this ASAP.

Best Regards,
Rob
But will there be an on air statement about it or more likely, some back-peddling from Julia: "Of course what I really meant is that Chloe was at a safe distance, advising me what I should do to achieve a 1940s hairstyle. I do apologise if my 'slip of the tongue' raised your concerns about our safety and wellbeing, we know how much our viewers appreciate and value what we bring you and in some ways, we're like you QVC family and friends. That's so encouraging for us and makes our jobs here at QVC, as celebrity presenters and expert advisers, so much more worthwhile. I can honestly assure you that we're doing everything we possibly can to keep ourselves safe and well so that we can continue to be there for you".

With reference to social distancing

Debs Flints buttering of the loaf of bread and licking of her fingers
Julia Roberts shouting out to Jackie Kabler over her boots and her appearing then stood right next to Julia. Then suddenly they shouted social distancing and Jackie ran off set.
Jill Franks having a one up manship with producer/director ordering herself and Locitane Alex both lick their finger and stroke it up in the air (as marking up one)
With Jill Franks proceeding to do it but I don’t think Alex Murdock didn’t actually follow suit.
Then within the last day or so the hour of Ruth Langford Jackie Kabler was picking up the item cards and licking her finger to flip through them.
Yet then later in the day Julia makes a point of not being able to sink her fingers into pots of cream as Jill Franks had put her fingers in it the night previous.
But then a few weeks ago John the make up artist with Gayle Hayman was on with an hour and continually during the hour he referred to himself, the presenter and the model each having their own products that they were sampling.
Now another hour since he was on with Gayle Hayman and there didn’t appear the same inference was being that each of them had their own products.
Just to me at times things aren’t consistent and certainly Julia made a statement that she isn’t wearing clothing items off the rail, yet the guest does and of course the models are.

About half an hour ago, popped in from the garden feeling like I’m about to pass out with the heat, I look like shade 4 mahogany after twenty minutes, or shade of Julia Roberts as I like to call it, while waiting to recover I flipped QVC on to hear Queen Julia in that acerbic, tight mouthed sarcasm of hers shout “Mark! there’s social distancing and there’s social distancing!” to a fella I assume is called “Mark!” sitting far away from the Queen, and let’s face it who can blame him, she then follows with that tight lipped grin and sharp in take of breath.........er just so you know Ma’am, there’s just social distancing!

Better go back out now and check the husband is ok and hasn’t fell asleep in it, can’t see it taking half an hour to put a parasol up 😳🥵

Update...........sunburn crisis averted, he’s just talking to his dad on the phone 👍😃

Last edited:

Just to me at times things aren’t consistent and certainly Julia made a statement that she isn’t wearing clothing items off the rail, yet the guest does and of course the models are.

Because of her leukaemia maybe.
DF done some reaching to the guest during a cookery show too.

I was wondering why Anna was guesting the shows so soon after giving birth, not realising that Nicky’s father had died that so sad.
It does seem so soon and during this stressful time too, surely a presenter would be able to deal with an hour of Lola Rose in respect to Nicky.
But then I clearly recall Caroline Archer quickly returning to do the huge job of a LE TSV following the death of her father then disappearing to be with her family.
Maybe it’s only me that finds the whole thing like this wrong and to not be able to say please don’t bother we will manage this time without you.
Let’s face it at that time are you really up to thinking straight and it’s only afterwards you can think just what you did and much later on you can take stock.

Yes, it's very easy to judge people under extreme stress, not so easy to find words of sympathy. Surely though, they weren't pressurised into appearing on telly after such a traumatic time? Everyone should be allowed time for reflection and help with the grieving process but nobody should be blamed for doing what was right for them at the time, whether it was going back to work early or taking time off.

Debs Flints buttering of the loaf of bread and licking of her fingers
Julia Roberts shouting out to Jackie Kabler over her boots and her appearing then stood right next to Julia. Then suddenly they shouted social distancing and Jackie ran off set.
Jill Franks having a one up manship with producer/director ordering herself and Locitane Alex both lick their finger and stroke it up in the air (as marking up one)
With Jill Franks proceeding to do it but I don’t think Alex Murdock didn’t actually follow suit.
Then within the last day or so the hour of Ruth Langford Jackie Kabler was picking up the item cards and licking her finger to flip through them.
Yet then later in the day Julia makes a point of not being able to sink her fingers into pots of cream as Jill Franks had put her fingers in it the night previous.
But then a few weeks ago John the make up artist with Gayle Hayman was on with an hour and continually during the hour he referred to himself, the presenter and the model each having their own products that they were sampling.
Now another hour since he was on with Gayle Hayman and there didn’t appear the same inference was being that each of them had their own products.

I actually saw this one happen, and I do think it was a genuine mistake on JK's part to be fair.

One of our closest friends died yesterday, his heart operation was cancelled when we went under house arrest & they were concerned he wouldn't survive many weeks without it being done. Their daughter & her family can't get back from the US & so his wife was on her own. We have the same gp & he stayed with her for some time & asked if there was anyone she could have come to stay with her, she told me she was amazed to hear him say this but he said she's been shielding for so long she's 'pure' & that most people who have spent the last seven weeks just going out for walks & doing their shopping are as well. He then talked about how many of his patients who needed operations or treatment have died or had their lives severely affected by the NHS having covid-19 short-sight. I wanted her to stay with us but she said it wasn't fair because she has a dog & we have our cat. She ended our call saying at least the dog would like being able to go out for a walk rather than just running around their garden so we're going to have catch ups on our drives & if it's warm enough we'll put out socially distanced chairs & G&Ts. Bless both of them.

One of our closest friends died yesterday, his heart operation was cancelled when we went under house arrest & they were concerned he wouldn't survive many weeks without it being done. Their daughter & her family can't get back from the US & so his wife was on her own. We have the same gp & he stayed with her for some time & asked if there was anyone she could have come to stay with her, she told me she was amazed to hear him say this but he said she's been shielding for so long she's 'pure' & that most people who have spent the last seven weeks just going out for walks & doing their shopping are as well. He then talked about how many of his patients who needed operations or treatment have died or had their lives severely affected by the NHS having covid-19 short-sight. I wanted her to stay with us but she said it wasn't fair because she has a dog & we have our cat. She ended our call saying at least the dog would like being able to go out for a walk rather than just running around their garden so we're going to have catch ups on our drives & if it's warm enough we'll put out socially distanced chairs & G&Ts. Bless both of them.

So sad T. Deepest sympathy to your friend.

Latest posts

Back