Does QVC pass on our details to other companies?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I'd always thought QVC didn't sell or otherwise pass on our name, address, email details etc to other companies (other than to get them to fulfil orders for say live plants, pies or faux flaars). I'm sure Chuntley has gushed about this when she's listing Q's numerous wonderfully good points. Now I'm suspicious.

I bought the one before last Kelly Hoppen bedding TSV but I've never had any dealings with KH's own business or website. This week I got an unsolicited email from Kellyhoppen.com to let me know I could save up to 40% in her sale. I cannot imaging how KH would come to have my email address. The KH stuff QVC sells is despatched by QVC not shipped direct as far as I know so I can't imagine why they'd know my details. It's the email I use for QVC purchasing but not the one I use most often...hmmmm :mysmilie_865:

Someone raised the same query on Q`s facebook page a while ago. I can`t recall exactly what CS replied but something along the lines of they`d changed their privacy rules and conditions and you had to opt out if you didn`t want selected third parties to contact you. It might be worth contacting their CS and getting tzheir official reply. Sorry I can`t remember 100%.

Chuntley & Co have managed to keep that little gem to themselves. Once again being economical with the truth. It does not seem that long ago I heard it being trundled out.

That's what I thought too LATI, I'm sure I've heard Catherine say it recently. I feel an email coming on!

Could it be that Kelly Hoppen items get sent direct from her company therefore they have your details that way?

The Kelly Hoppen bedding sold on Q is definitely made for QVC (not necessarily where her own label stuff comes from) - I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't manufactured in the same place as the Northern Nights stuff. But as Ellaaa said, there's no reason for KH to have my email address. I might hold off emailing QVC to query this and see whether I get any other unsolicited emails from firms affiliated with QVC, particularly UK companies whose goods I've bought from Q.

Q's Privacy Statement:
"QVC does not sell or exchange customer information with anyone else. We share relevant information only with those parties entrusted with the processing of your account and the fulfilment of your order and to parties entrusted by us to undertake customer surveys."

Complete contradiction - they don't sell or exchange our info with anyone else . . . . they just give it away by sharing it only with those parties etc. etc. In other words we have no privacy.

I have never received an unsolicited email from a brand I buy from on Q, mainly YC and beauty. I joined the L'Occitane mailing list myself recently after reading about their offers etc on here, but that is it.

Latest posts

Back