Don't worry about your waist size?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
On the Kim and Co programme the Presenter said we were not to worry about the waist size of a skirt as the waist stretched twice the size! How ridiculous. . If anyone was stupid enough to buy a skirt, say a size small but they were a large, just because the waist stretched out to go round their middle then what about the rest of the garment, the hips and so on. Most of the presenters come out with these inane statements all the time. They are obviously not thinking before they speak.

Even if they've been selling something in a woven fabric (unlikely), as soon as most of the sizes sell out, then the few remaining usually gain a bit of stretch and 'are very forgiving' and 'this is a actually a 16, but it'd probably fit a 24-26'. And of course, you've got your 30 day money back guarantee, so as long as you're prepared to pay to return it, then buy two. Buy three! A gifting idea for a maiden aunt whose dowager's hump is irrelevant for this 'piece' because it's got all this lovely stretch. Like an old dishcloth. They stretch.

I shout that at the telly all the time. Amazing also how the last colour selling is always their fav and the one they would have worn except that they didn't have it in their size (despite it being able to fit 10 to 16 if they are to be believed)

Don`t know why they bother having diferent sizes and colours because according to the presenters one size fits all, one colour suits all and we should all have at least 3 of them.

And bat-wing sleeves suit everybody and are so comfortable. No they are not! They also drown a petite frame and the waist area rises up when you reach no matter what size you are. You can tell I have issues with bat-wing sleeves! They are a staple of Q because you don't need shoulder measurements.

And with bat wings they say that there is no point in giving measurements but if that was it case would it not be one size.

LOL - there's a lot of venting going on... hope it's helping get the old blood pressure down :nod:

And they are always 'the perfect length' whether you are 5' tall or 6' 2". Not too long or too short.:mysmilie_10:

Couldn't agree more about Bat Wings sleeves, raise your arms above elbow level and your tummy's in a draught! Dolman sleeves are dodgy too. Before you know it they'll be saying drop-waist dirndl skirts are the next big thing and I'll hang myself by my dungaree straps!

Gawd I thought I was soooooo stylish in the 80's with my batwing jumper. Wore it to death! Wouldn't be seen dead in it now though.

On the Kim and Co programme the Presenter said we were not to worry about the waist size of a skirt as the waist stretched twice the size! How ridiculous. . If anyone was stupid enough to buy a skirt, say a size small but they were a large, just because the waist stretched out to go round their middle then what about the rest of the garment, the hips and so on. Most of the presenters come out with these inane statements all the time. They are obviously not thinking before they speak.

You are assuming that most of them have enough intelligence to be able to think before they speak. I absolutely agree with you. I am a large so naturally I would not order one of her skirts in a small, I would still order in large or depending medium sizing, I can get away with smaller sizes in trousers etc. But they emphasize this waist thing a lot - hips too, and some people won't have the sense to stick closer to their sizing.

Good post.

Yes but don't worry,these stretch waist skirts can be pulled up over the bust and used as a dress .I know because I have seen the models do it and they look fantastic ! And Kim says they look great and can be used like this........

I have a Lennie 4 piece and I can and do wear the midi skirt as a dress. It looks better on me as a dress.

Oh no I keep slipping into upsell mode...even feeding the rabbit I catch myself saying,

"But wait! You're no only gettig kibble but if you act fast I'll throw in half a carrot and some curly kale which will be yours to keep whatever you decide!"

So far he has a 0% return record so I haven't had to send him the letter!

The meds have worn off again haven't they? :mysmilie_465::mysmilie_854:

Latest posts

Back