Dresses

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it just me or do others dislike the awful dresses on at the moment. Short at the front & longer at the back. I think they are horrendous 😂
One of these dresses in particular looks like the outfit a flamenco dancer would wear so that you can see her intricate footwork from the front while she swishes the longer fabric at the back. However, I don't like uneven hems in any dresses. Longer at the back tops are OK

One of these dresses in particular looks like the outfit a flamenco dancer would wear so that you can see her intricate footwork from the front while she swishes the longer fabric at the back. However, I don't like uneven hems in any dresses. Longer at the back tops are OK
I agree, I think they are too short at the front, then too long in comparison at the the back. Just looks all out of proportion

I've got a Kim and Co dress that's a bit like that, I've had it for years. It's a dress that I've worn and worn and it suits many occasions. It's last airing was at Mr CC's niece's wedding. Because I'm short the front doesn't look too ridiculous and I quite like the swishy hem. Can't wear those form fitting type dresses - look like a sausage and they are always the wrong length.

CC

I'm not a lover of short dresses tbh. They look great on kids, but that's about it! The short flippy tea dress & Diana's "revenge" dress were staples of the 1990s, but to me look quite dated now, and I'll leave the "bodycon" to the clubbers and reality tv "stars"! The short dresses I've seen on Q are normally styled with stilettos on an already tall model who ends up looking like an ostrich! - a look I don't aspire to. As for the high-Lo, especially if it's really short at the front - Just terrible! unbalanced, unflattering and unwearable - No thanks!

What I particularly don’t like about longer backs is that you can see the seams and hem. Also the reverse of the fabric is often a dirty shade of white because the pattern has been printed on only one side of the fabric.

A woman was wearing such a dress at a wedding I went to a few weeks ago. The long back was lined with the same fabric as used to trim the sleeve cuffs. It looked ok.

They're all flipping awful. What makes it worse is Ashling 'hoyever' McCloy fawning over Monsoon & Finery creations that only she can wear and look decent🙄 apologies to Irish members,it's just her pronunciation that irritates.

Is it just me or do others dislike the awful dresses on at the moment. Short at the front & longer at the back. I think they are horrendous 😂
Useful if you’ve an enormous backside though….won’t expose your undies if you have cause to bend over…..

There was a designer on Q years back who did the high low thing. I bought a skirt. Never wore it. It may have been Anthony but I’m not sure.I learned my lesson.it looked ridiculous on me.
I’ve several dresses but hardly wear them as summer doesn’t last long and I need an occasion being retired.
M&S have some lovely dresses at the moment. They have upped their game.

There was a designer on Q years back who did the high low thing. I bought a skirt. Never wore it. It may have been Anthony but I’m not sure.I learned my lesson.it looked ridiculous on me.
I’ve several dresses but hardly wear them as summer doesn’t last long and I need an occasion being retired.
I bought two dresses from M&S this year and I’d forgotten what it was like to wear a nice summer dress. I felt so comfortable during the really hot spell of weather. I’ve not seen one dress on QVC that I would wear at any price.

I bought two dresses from M&S this year and I’d forgotten what it was like to wear a nice summer dress. I felt so comfortable during the really hot spell of weather. I’ve not seen one dress on QVC that I would wear at any price.
I bought an M&S dress earlier this year. It's good quality fabric, the correct size for me (tall) and very well made.

Reading through this thread I realise I'm living in the past. I only need one occasion dress (which I have) and no more. I live in the sticks, there's nowhere to go, I wear jeans all the time, you don't walk dogs in floaty dresses unless you're Kim Mendelsson and nipping to the shops to buy bread and toilet rolls does not involve dressing up. Time to update my Ebay account I guess.

CC

I have just been in some shops today, a rare event for me these days, looking around at the clothes offer.I do not want to see another frilled flouncy dress with so many shirred waists and detail.I am not a dress wearer, just as well. Manufacturers must be cost cutting not having to insert a zip or have a button through with all this elastication instead.

Hmm went into M&S today and to be honest,not impressed with the clothes.
I'm trying to get a long sleeved chiffon blouse as I need to cover the horrendous bruising on my arm. Had a fall last week,wrecked the trellis and ended up among the pumpkins,took me a while to get up ,hubby hadn't noticed I was taking some time. About 3 weeks ago I lost a fight with a lawn rake and tore skin on my shin. I ended up going to A&E as it kept bleeding. Didn't need any stitches just had to see the practice nurse at the surgery to do the dressings.
I've got an appointment on 1st August to see the Dr about my blood tests and will mention my falls etc. Probably just clumsy and I keep forgetting I'm 75 at the beginning of November as my darling hubby reminds me.

I had a nose on M&S this week and wasn't tempted with any of their stuff, once upon a time I would go in for some food or flowers and often come out with a new top or a dress, now I go in to look at the clothes and the only money I spend is in the foodhall. They seem to do one design in something and do it to death, like the floaty flowery dresses they did last summer. I have bought better looking stuff in Tesco's or Sainsbury's, the quality is no worse and it's far cheaper.

Latest posts

Back