Ecoegg Concentrated Multi-Purpose Antibacterial Cleaner OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ecoegg Concentrated Multi-Purpose Antibacterial Cleaner
Item Number: 804123
QVC Price £22.00
One Time Only Price £17.94
P&P £3.95

A super-concentrated multi-purpose householder cleaner and spray bottle from Ecoegg. Keep your home germ and dirt-free with this scented multi-purpose cleaner from Ecoegg.

Contains:

1 x 1L concentrated antibacterial cleaner
1 x spray bottle

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804123

I can't do sums. It is nearly £22. Regular price £26 with postage. My lovely helpful Indian guys down at the local pound shop would sell a spray bottle of antibac and throw in an air ticket to somewhere warm for that price.

Twenty one pounds for antibacterial cleanser?????????????????

Not just any old antibacterial cleanser but concentrated antibacterial cleanser! :giggle:

Not just any old antibacterial cleanser but concentrated antibacterial cleanser! :giggle:

Concentrated. Precisely. They are relying on the fact that people will think only that all spray cleaners cost a pound or two per spray bottle., because people have got used to buying cleansers that way. But if you buy any bottle of disinfectant, it is meant to be diluted with water to make several times the bottle size, i.e. one capful per bowl of water. By the same ratio you can fill umpteen spray bottles.. My favourite is Tesco at 30p a litre bottle.

This is where the 30 day mbg makes me laugh. It will cost about £10 to try it, with return postage, if you don't like it. So almost everyone, surely, keeps fairly low value items, such as the £15 two bottles of Mrs Gleam I mentioned earlier today, because the cost of sending them back is not worth it.

I once sent back some totally useless window cleaning liquid, having emptied the bottle to reduce postage costs, and got the You Have Used Too Much Stuff letter.

There used to be a brand called Amway which sold this kind of stuff. Everything you bought was supposedly super concentrated and had to be diluted and it was expensive too. Frankly I wouldn`t want to be bothered measuring and diluting. I like to spray and go or chuck a cap full into a bucket and just get the job done. The World is awash ( pardon the pun ) with cleaning stuff and it seems daft to me to be paying p and p for something which is far easier found on the DHS.

There used to be a brand called Amway which sold this kind of stuff. Everything you bought was supposedly super concentrated and had to be diluted and it was expensive too. Frankly I wouldn`t want to be bothered measuring and diluting. I like to spray and go or chuck a cap full into a bucket and just get the job done. The World is awash ( pardon the pun ) with cleaning stuff and it seems daft to me to be paying p and p for something which is far easier found on the DHS.

I remember Amway! It was a funny little man who used to go door to door. We bought stuff off him because we felt a bit sorry for him, TBH...

Instead of Super Concentrated Eco-Crap antibacterial stuff, you can always use bleach. Diluted at the correct ratio, nothing is more 'antibacterial', it's fine for the environment as it breaks down into harmless compounds and it costs literally pennies for each 'batch' you make up.

To be fair, it is one litre of concentrated liquid and, although I am not sure, will probably yield approx sixty bottles, so will work out to cost pennies a bottle. A bottle of Astonish is £1.

To be fair, it is one litre of concentrated liquid and, although I am not sure, will probably yield approx sixty bottles, so will work out to cost pennies a bottle. A bottle of Astonish is £1.

The theory is good. However, I wonder how many people ever hold on to the original bottle and dilute as per instructions sixty times. Many people will end up chucking haphazard amounts into a bowl or toilet. The Amway discussion has brought back memories. My cousin and his batty wife were convinced they would make their fortunes and bored the family rigid by tell them about these sales meetings they went to. Sounded just like Christian revivalist stand up and praise the Lord gatherings. My mother dutifully bought some of the concentrated stuff but ended up chucking most of it away as it did not have any miracle cleaning powers and she got bored with diluting it.

i buy bottles of cleaning stuff for a pound and dilute them in a cif bottle anyway. clean my cooker, fridge, floor. toilet bathroom etc etc

Latest posts

Back