S2O All Purpose Cleaner & Concentrate TSV 29/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S2O All Purpose 650ml Cleaner & 1.4L Concentrate
Item Number: 804900
QVC Price £18.50
Todays Special Value Price £13.84
P&P £5.95

This two-piece set includes a ready-to-use spray bottle of the powerful S2O All Purpose Cleaner designed to tackle stains and dirt build-up around the home, plus a supply of concentrated formula which makes up to 48 more bottles of the diluted cleaner. This fast-acting and incredibly effective formula will enable you to break down even the most stubborn of grime, as well as take on oil, food, paint, ink, grass and other stains with ease.

A clean start - versatile as well as powerful, All Purpose Cleaner will work its magic all around your home, from the tiles in your bathroom to all corners of your kitchen; it even works on fabrics and soft furnishings, making many lasting stains a thing of the past.

It's fast - the clever, lemon-scented formula starts doing its job as soon as you spray it onto a surface, breaking down the dirt before you get the cloth out.

Fantastic value - the 1.4 litre bottle of concentrate makes up to 48 more bottles of diluted cleaner, making it brilliant value. Just add ten parts water to one part concentrate and you're ready to go!

A great alternative to bleach on fabrics including linen
10:1 water to concentrate

Contains:

1 x All Purpose Cleaning Concentrate (1.4L)
1 x Ready-to-Use All Purpose Cleaner (650ml)

Safety precautions:

Harmful if swallowed
Can cause eye and skin irritation
Keep away from children

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.804900

Anyone thinking of purchasing would do well to look up the reviews for other S2O products. They vary from one to three stars, (although strangely feature in the 'bestselling' and 'most wished for' categories). The limescale remover product does get four stars, but two reviewers on the first page of reviews say it has permanently damaged their sink and toilet.

I shall watch anyway for a bit of escapism and fantasy that I can have a clean house effortlessly, and because the big chunky chap who usually brings them is a bit of a laugh. He claims to have invented most of his products, from the banana oil cleaner which I once bought (it stank), to the collapsable ottomans (currently on offer at Poundworld).

I have watched the first ten minutes, and am fascinated by his yellow dirt. There is a covering of yellow stuff on every surface, which disappears instantly when he sprays it with S20. What bemuses me is that it is exactly the same yellow dirt which is mould on white window frames, grease on kitchen surfaces, mud from dogs walking over kitchen floors, and dirty finger marks on toilets.

What with the chunky inventor chap and the wc wunder brush chap, qvc are really spoiling us first thing in the morning.....lol

I caught the start of his presentation and also wondered what the strange Yellow "dirt" was he was spraying around was made from, it looked like watered down gravy browning to me which is just burnt sugar.
I have resisted buying this TSV so it won't turn into one of my unused buys from the other post.

'If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.' I may have considered buying this;49 litres of cleaner for under £14. But I refuse to pay another £6 for delivery.I realise it will be a heavy parcel, but I would prefer paying more for the product, and much less for postage. They will lose innumerable sales, for this very reason. Another point: Acos is a scientist (!), yet brings on the ottomans! He has been on the Q for 20 years, and seems to be more of a professional shopping tv guest.
Kathy has just said he is a chemist. There is a definite difference, between a scientist, and a chemist. Perhaps appearing on QVC peddling any product, from A - Z pays better.

Last edited:
I heard KT sing its praises on the jewellery show (grr) about it cleaning everything. From bitter experience I have learnt that anything which claims to be multifunctional you can be sure that it does none of them well.

One product, one use is my mantra.

Okay, so he does have degrees in chemistry and science, still makes him neither a scientist nor a chemist. More pertinently, he won the 2011 award, for the best live shopping on air guest!

Okay, so he does have degrees in chemistry and science, still makes him neither a scientist nor a chemist. More pertinently, he won the 2011 award, for the best live shopping on air guest!

Oh, you know how to send me on a ferret hunt, Louse66. I had to look up Akos Jankura. For the benefit of other forumites, he is nicknamed "the Solutionist" and shares a web page with a man who is a 'doctor of shopology'.

He gained early (what?) degrees in chemistry and science whilst studying at the same time at an Academy of Music. Is the guy a genuine genius, or a creative writer of CVs?

Oh, you know how to send me on a ferret hunt, Louse66. I had to look up Akos Jankura. For the benefit of other forumites, he is nicknamed "the Solutionist" and shares a web page with a man who is a 'doctor of shopology'.

He gained early (what?) degrees in chemistry and science whilst studying at the same time at an Academy of Music. Is the guy a genuine genius, or a creative writer of CVs?

At least it passed a couple of 'interesting' seconds for you, MG!

Well 13000 people think it's worth a punt!

The 4pm show is last showing so OTO's possibly although the rest of the shows for this evening are woeful so immaterial for me.

I wonder why we think that cleaning items on sellytelly must be better than the items from a supermarket at a fraction of the price?

If they were really that wonderful, supermarkets would be selling them anyway.

Well 13000 people think it's worth a punt!

The 4pm show is last showing so OTO's possibly although the rest of the shows for this evening are woeful so immaterial for me.

Good grief! That's nearly 13000 people who, presumably, will realise that mould and grease do not vanish as easily as sprayed on dilute gravy browning, will realise that at a combined p&p for receiving and returning of about £12,it is not worth sending it back.

Does anyone know of anything that does actually work?

Generally our clothes don't get dirty so a general wash with Persil or similar does the job but the one problem I have is cooking stains.

Even if I wear an apron pasta sauce, sparking fat etc always seems to find the unprotected bit and those together with dish cloths and drying cloths never seem to come up clean. The latter I steep in a bleach solution but even that isn't 100% and not suitable for clothes.

Maybe it is less the liquid and more the machine? It is a very good brand but I tend to wash on timesaver settings, although when I have used the full blown one it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Does anyone know of anything that does actually work?

Generally our clothes don't get dirty so a general wash with Persil or similar does the job but the one problem I have is cooking stains.

Even if I wear an apron pasta sauce, sparking fat etc always seems to find the unprotected bit and those together with dish cloths and drying cloths never seem to come up clean. The latter I steep in a bleach solution but even that isn't 100% and not suitable for clothes.

Maybe it is less the liquid and more the machine? It is a very good brand but I tend to wash on timesaver settings, although when I have used the full blown one it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Have you tried soaking grease stained clothes in washing soda or bicarb before washing? I have been experimenting with old fashioned remedies recently, and only last night found a very good website, for the Dripak company, which has some interesting pull down menus of advice for cleaning and laundry using their products.

For pee and poo stains.. I know you didn't ask, but some forumites might want to know....a good soak in Napisan for babies nappies before washing, or added to the powder in the machine, has worked a treat for me over the past couple of years, when doing washing for an incontinent old lady, and my frequent bouts of Delhi belly.

I tend to wash 'whites' with stains on the highest temperature with a shovel full of Vanish - always works. Eco saving temperatures are a waste of time (now I see the marketing men have jumped on THAT bandwagon and flog a Dettol based product to take away the whiffs of the washing machine when lower temperatures are used) - simple question: why do you think our Mums used to boil wash nappies on the gas cooker ?

I have a deep distrust of gushy salespeople - especially American ones who never let anyone else get a word in edgeways.

When I've bought something from the Q that doesn't work I have always complained and been sent a return label - I might have been tempted to try the stuff under those terms . If it doesn't do what they claim, you have every right to a full refund including p&p. I agree that it looks like diluted gravy browning though, plus the 'berry stains' seemed to be on that horrible nylon fabric that doesn't seem to hold a stain. I've always thought the magic eraser things they demo look as though they are taking only gravy browning off cookers and pans etc. I buy cheap ones off the bay and use them successfully in other ways but they don't fetch the burnt on carbon stuff off pan's and cookers, imo!

I wish they'd bring back Simple Green! Wonderful stuff - you could degrease engines with it yet use it as a stain remover on clothes and carpets and a general cleaner diluted into different strengths, the Canadian guy who brings the orange oil and It Works blocks used to bring it, smelt lovely and fresh and didn't set off my allergic rhinitis like most cleaning products do (including unfortunately the orange oil cleaner!)

Latest posts

Back