S2O All Purpose Cleaner & Concentrate TSV 29/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Simple Green UK
www.simplegreen.co.uk

Is this the same and which one would you recommend?

It is yes!! It's the Original All purpose cleaner - I dilute it 1:10 for windows, light cleaning and 1:4 for heavy/greasy cleaning. The kit I got from QVC came with a dispenser that turned the liquid into a heavy foam and this was great for carpet stains or cleaning the microwave or other awkward places (you just squirt it in and let it sit, and it would stick to the underside) I think you can buy similar dispensers to use with beauty products.

Does anyone know of anything that does actually work?

Generally our clothes don't get dirty so a general wash with Persil or similar does the job but the one problem I have is cooking stains.

Even if I wear an apron pasta sauce, sparking fat etc always seems to find the unprotected bit and those together with dish cloths and drying cloths never seem to come up clean. The latter I steep in a bleach solution but even that isn't 100% and not suitable for clothes.

Maybe it is less the liquid and more the machine? It is a very good brand but I tend to wash on timesaver settings, although when I have used the full blown one it doesn't seem to make much difference.

You could always try spraying on that nano stuff he floggs first.

What washing powder/liquid do you use? Is it always Persil? If you don't use bio, you won't get rid of most stains. I use non-bio Persil on day-to-day stuff as it cleans well enough, but definitely won't tackle stains. You need the enzymes in a bio product to "eat" the stains. I also get best results from higher temps and a pre-wash with Vanish or Oxi (or just throw it in with the main wash). I've had best results with Ariel on stains and fat, though if it's a big splash, I pre-treat with those little dab-on Dylon bottles (highly recommended, though they do leave a smell on the washing unless a long cycle is used). Bleach, as far as I'm aware, will only bleach out the colour (and any germs), not remove a stain. I have to do an extra rinse if I use additives.

It's taken me years of washing all kinds of stains (and living with someone who'll get everything from engine oil to curry sauce on his clothes), to realise that no one product will do for all types of washing. I have allergies so, as I said, I use non-bio as much as possible. I use silk or wool wash for those types of items (particularly Cozee Home bedding as it keeps it really soft and fluffy - also learned the hard way to only wash it at 30, though standard stuff gets done at 40), and bio (like Ariel and Vanish) for the tough stuff. I like Daz for my whites. My MIL thinks I'm absolutely bonkers using all those products, but I get great results and my clothes and bedding (apart from my disaster with my second lot of CH) are like new. My MIL on the other hand, moans on a weekly basis about her washing machine not getting her clothes clean when she only uses non-bio and at 30 degrees.

I got caught a treat with his banana stuff that was supposed to clean everything. It doesn't. Never again!

Latest posts

Back